"Time Capsule" Gallery idea?

Please check here for any updates on the site. Post your own bulletins also.

"Time Capsule" Gallery idea?

Postby Silver Moon on Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:40 am

Someone mentioned the idea of having a Time Capsule gallery for old pics. Of the members from the 80's or just the past in general... I was wondering if anyone would like me to add this as a gallery... Just for fun! But I don't want to go ahead and do it if only a few people would post pics... I was also thinking for those of us who were barely walking in the 80's- We could just post pics of ourselves from the 90's! ... Anyway, any feedback on this idea is appreciated :-)

:smt023

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby lastgoldstar on Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:16 pm

Sounds like fun. Yeah, I've a few pictures of myself in elementary school already in my Photobucket account....
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:19 pm

*raises hand*

I would. I was already in my 20s, but I've some pics I wouldn't mind sharing...like fashion and hairstyle horror ones, lol
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:06 pm

I would love to see your pics, guys!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Silver Moon on Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:08 pm

OK time capsul section just added! Enjoy and post!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby lastgoldstar on Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:05 pm

Okay... I've uploaded a few so go scare yourselves now! :lol:
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:46 pm

I'll be brave, putting up a few. *EEK!*
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:20 pm

Great idea---and thanks for the gallery, Kera!!!

Before you actually did this, I tried to upload one last night into my own gallery but it was corrupted, so I will try to find others to scan and add to the gallery soon!!!!

This will be sooo fun----and please, everyone feel free to post. It does not matter if it is the 70's the 80's or the 90's and beyond...........I think it would be a hoot to see everyone as teens or to see old fads, etc.

We can also post pics from years in the band's history, like I have some from 1974, 1978, 1982 etc of myself the same year the guys were breaking through in Japan, etc.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:39 am

Glad you guys like the idea- Post as many pics as you want! Don't be shy- I can't wait to see!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby heartofdavid on Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:19 am

krausy wrote:This will be sooo fun----and please, everyone feel free to post. It does not matter if it is the 70's the 80's or the 90's and beyond...........I think it would be a hoot to see everyone as teens or to see old fads, etc.

We can also post pics from years in the band's history, like I have some from 1974, 1978, 1982 etc of myself the same year the guys were breaking through in Japan, etc.

I'll see if I can find any pics from my teens, my high school years were the mid to end of the 70s. I know I have them somewhere, never look at them though. Overplucked eyebrows, feathered or permed hair, and black nail polish, that was a standard look for me back then.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby John Trevethan on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:27 pm

Wow heartofdavid, you have really been a world traveller! I've made it to England but I don't know if I'll ever get to Japan, that would be excellent. (I love the Japanese film directors such as Akira Kurosawa, Yasujiro Ozu, Seijun Suzuki and Masaki Kobayashi.)

Anyway, I have posted several pics of myself "through the ages" so to speak in the Time Capsule gallery. I'm a little embarrassed that I put up so many... but then I'm an old fart so I have a long history! I've been playing music since my early teens so most of my pics are band shots. This was a very fun idea, I'm looking forward to seeing lots of member's pics (hint, hint).
John Trevethan
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby heartofdavid on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:32 pm

John Trevethan wrote:Wow heartofdavid, you have really been a world traveller! I've made it to England but I don't know if I'll ever get to Japan, that would be excellent. (I'm a little embarrassed that I put up so many... but then I'm an old fart so I have a long history! I've been playing music since my early teens so most of my pics are band shots. This was a very fun idea, I'm looking forward to seeing lots of member's pics (hint, hint).

If you're an old fart then I'm an old fartress and very pleased to make your acquaintance, lol.

Great pics, John, I've just finished looking at them.

I did a few years travelling in the 80s, quit my job and wandered, ended up living in Australia for 9 months. But I was smart, I went where I had family to save a bit of money on room and board. ;)

Never got to Japan though, wish I had but didn't have the funds at the time to do it. Did go to Hong Kong and China (only a day trip there through Macau). Stayed a long time in England too, have a lot of family there scattered all over.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:45 pm

heartofdavid wrote:
krausy wrote:This will be sooo fun----and please, everyone feel free to post. It does not matter if it is the 70's the 80's or the 90's and beyond...........I think it would be a hoot to see everyone as teens or to see old fads, etc.

I'll see if I can find any pics from my teens, my high school years were the mid to end of the 70s. I know I have them somewhere, never look at them though. Overplucked eyebrows, feathered or permed hair, and black nail polish, that was a standard look for me back then.

No worries about that-----when I get mine on here, you will be treated to very obvious "triangles of blush" on my face and plenty of lipgloss!!!!! :lol:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:51 am

Can't wait to see them, Krausy! Bet you look super cool!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Return to *Bulletin Board*