Old cartoon idea...

Please check here for any updates on the site. Post your own bulletins also.

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:30 pm

I know what you mean, Proggrl! When I first moved here from Erie, School let out in the middle of June, When we got here, School started in the middle of July... So I totaly relate to what your Daughter went through!! What grade is she in, by the way?

Poisoned- The teachers have a dress code too so they all have to dress the same!! Plus all of the students here wear the same brands of everything. The girls wear tiny little Air-o-postal (or whatever it is) Pink shirts, glittery purses, super low rise pants, Birkenstock shoes, glittery pink cell phones, and every darn thing is GLITTERY AND PINK! The guys just wear baggy shorts, preppy shirts with the collar popped (Usually 2 shirts worn at the same time) and they think they are so ghetto... Phht!! Give me a break!! So UN-Sylvian!! Your school sounds very cool though!! I would love love love to dress like the 40's and 20's!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby proggrl on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:55 pm

Silver Moon wrote:I know what you mean, Proggrl! When I first moved here from Erie, School let out in the middle of June, When we got here, School started in the middle of July... So I totaly relate to what your Daughter went through!! What grade is she in, by the way?

She's going into 7th - Middle school joy! At least her school is RIGHT on the beach. Lucky brat! :-D She doesn't dress or act like the rest - either goth kids or preppies - the 'popular' kids. Which I like - although sometimes she leans a bit to the goth side, but I don't mind that. She hates it when I say that about her, but I don't say it like it's a bad thing! As long as she doesn't become an "emo". heheheh She just gets along with everyone; she's a nice kid! I'm so proud! :D
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:30 pm

Haha!! I think teaching your kid not to be emo, is as important as teaching them not to smoke and do drugs- lol!

Is it just me or does it REALLY suck when they hang those "Back to school!!" Signs around mid-July in K-mart and other stores?!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:17 am

Silver Moon wrote:Haha!! I think teaching your kid not to be emo, is as important as teaching them not to smoke and do drugs- lol!

Is it just me or does it REALLY suck when they hang those "Back to school!!" Signs around mid-July in K-mart and other stores?!

Totaly agree on the emo thing!! hahaha!

And , yeah I hated those signs too when I was at school! School here starts around mid September ,and just at the very begining of August , those were everywhere!!! It was like ,'come on , I still have one month of vacations! Give me a break!!' hahaha
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:59 pm

FINALLY someone mentioned emo... I have personally not heard this stuff, but a friend of mine was in an art class and some of the students only played this....it drove them to insanity by the end of the semester. Bad bad emo
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:53 pm

"I look like a hippie"

Lmfao, that's hilarious!

Silver Moon wrote:(I might get kicked out for my hair though)

Well, isn't that what happened to David? Or maybe I made that up, but... Well, I think your clothes sound mighty cool. :-D

Yeah, school here starts in early August. K-12 starts the 8th but I don't have to start till the 24th or 25th.

Eww, emo. :evil:
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to *Bulletin Board*