Can I just say....

Please check here for any updates on the site. Post your own bulletins also.

Can I just say....

Postby Phil Lawton on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:36 am

...How much I enjoy being part of this board?

I don't post much here (not yet, anyway), but I love the vibe..."Premonition" (love that album) is always in my head when I'm on here.

Peaceful, no drama queens and no massive egos.

Lovely...thanks, everyone.
Phil Lawton
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Can I just say....

Postby Simonp on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:55 am

No drama queens....are you sure??

Yes i like it here too Phil. Friendly, welcoming and no "shoutbox"

premonition is one of my favourites too although I'm listening to Gone To Earth so much these days...Wave is one of the most beautiful songs ever written.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Phil Lawton on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:31 am

Simonp wrote:No drama queens....are you sure??

Yes...'part from you, you old Duchess.

Yes i like it here too Phil. Friendly, welcoming and no "shoutbox"

God, yes...isn't that shoutbox thing the twattiest idea since the self-boiling egg or the concrete diving mask?

premonition is one of my favourites too although I'm listening to Gone To Earth so much these days...Wave is one of the most beautiful songs ever written

"Gone To Earth" is an astounding album...but I find myself saying that about every DS album I play. Whichever one is on, that's my favourite (and I'm playing "Plight & Premonition" right now...which gives me an idea for a new thread).
Phil Lawton
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Simonp on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:17 am

Phil Lawton wrote:Gone To Earth" is an astounding album...but I find myself saying that about every DS album I play. Whichever one is on, that's my favourite (and I'm playing "Plight & Premonition" right now...which gives me an idea for a new thread).

Gone To Earth is almost a perfect album. The songs are gorgeous, the instrumentals are beautiful, Sylvian sings like an angel.

I have this feeling you're going to hate Manafon though judging by your thoughts on Blemish
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Phil Lawton on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:03 am

Simonp wrote:

I have this feeling you're going to hate Manafon though judging by your thoughts on Blemish

Nope, I'm honestly going to listen to 'Manafon' with an open mind, casting all notions of 'Blemish' aside, Sime. I have my fears for the experience, but you never know with Sylvian - he might just surprise us all.
Phil Lawton
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Simonp on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:21 am

Have you heard The World Is Everthing track as well as Playground Martyrs? They're fairly recent recordings. I think you'd like them Phil. They're classic Sylvian. Let me know if you want a copy.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Phil Lawton on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:45 am

Simonp wrote:Have you heard The World Is Everthing track as well as Playground Martyrs? They're fairly recent recordings. I think you'd like them Phil. They're classic Sylvian. Let me know if you want a copy.

Is that the same "Playground Martyrs" as the track on 'Slope', Sime? (Love that album, especially 'Sleepyards").

I can't bring "The World IS Everything" to mind, mate. Was that a give-away on the last tour?
Phil Lawton
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Simonp on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:03 am

Phil Lawton wrote:
Simonp wrote:Have you heard The World Is Everthing track as well as Playground Martyrs? They're fairly recent recordings. I think you'd like them Phil. They're classic Sylvian. Let me know if you want a copy.

Is that the same "Playground Martyrs" as the track on 'Slope', Sime? (Love that album, especially 'Sleepyards").

I can't bring "The World IS Everything" to mind, mate. Was that a give-away on the last tour?

Yes its the same Playground Martyrs. The World Is Everything was featured on the Samadhisound sampler which came with the tour programme. Its an incredible piece, short but exquisite. I wish he'd record more in this style.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Phil Lawton on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:07 am

Simonp wrote:
Phil Lawton wrote:

Yes its the same Playground Martyrs. The World Is Everything was featured on the Samadhisound sampler which came with the tour programme. Its an incredible piece, short but exquisite. I wish he'd record more in this style.

In that case, m'laddo, I'd love a copy of it.

I take it that the sampler isn't commercially available? I'd happily pay for it if so.
Phil Lawton
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Simonp on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:34 am

Phil Lawton wrote:

Yes its the same Playground Martyrs. The World Is Everything was featured on the Samadhisound sampler which came with the tour programme. Its an incredible piece, short but exquisite. I wish he'd record more in this style.[/quote]

In that case, m'laddo, I'd love a copy of it.

I take it that the sampler isn't commercially available? I'd happily pay for it if so.[/quote]

The sampler only comes with the tour brochure Phil. Its got some excellent stuff on it. Email me your address and I'll get you a copy in the post asap!! I'll put on the Jacqueline track too which Sylvian recently recorded for Believer magazine.

S
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Phil Lawton on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Good lad.

PM'ing my address now.

Does the tour programme come up for sale on eBay and the like very often, Sime?
Phil Lawton
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Simonp on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:39 am

Phil Lawton wrote:Good lad.

PM'ing my address now.

Does the tour programme come up for sale on eBay and the like very often, Sime?

Hi Phil

Yes it often appears on Ebay. It's a gorgeous hardback programme featuring a load of pics sylvian has taken and some lyrics. It's the usual beautifully produced Chris Bigg designed samadhisound release.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to *Bulletin Board*