Punkt

Sakamoto, Fripp, Czukay et al.

Postby sonic_chronicler on Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:04 am

Well done for tracking that one down. Now that davidsylvian.net isn't active, it's easy to miss the collaborations - you'd think David's official site would let us know more of what he's up to.

Sounds like a great album

Sonic
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:30 am

You're welcome. Now that davidsylvian.net is no longer, you can be sure that I will do all that is possible to alert you guys of any of the more 'subversive' releases that Sylvian takes part in. And be sure, there will be more. Sylvian has also taken part in a few sessions with some more 'underground' musicians and programmers working in the lap top electronic idiom. When I get the full details and what is what, I will gladly inform those who wish to know.
And I myself couldn't stop cackling at the inclusion of the word "fudgesicle" where I had written the expletive. When I went to check out my post, that was indeed most unexpected.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:02 pm

Hi Baht Habit!

Thank you very much for the info- You're so kind to keep us updated!!

As for the swear words... You should type up some more and see what comes out :-)

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:43 pm

Wow, thanks for the info! I have to get this now to satisfy my David OCD.

Silver Moon wrote:As for the swear words... You should type up some more and see what comes out :-)

That was one of the first things I did on the boards, in a preview, ha ha.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:54 pm

Well now, hold your nine horses, lastgoldstar :) The Punkt cd isn't expected to be released for another twenty days.

As for other probable releases, I've been informed that Sylvian took part in another session with Christian Fennesz and members of a group from Vienna called Polwechsal. Nothing has been officially confirmed on that one.
And, as stated on the official website, the Sylvian produced "To Play" by Derek Bailey is coming out in early September. Is anyone else planning on getting that one (either out of interest in the music or just to support Sylvian's label)?
Last edited by baht habit on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:27 pm

mmm I don't know , but it could be interesting to listen. We'll see.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Skrift on Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:15 pm

Hi! I signed in to inform you about our release which features David Sylvian ... and found out that you already knew. Which of course is nice!

Well, quick additional info (continually updated details can be found at www.myspace.com/punktsongs): The track/album will be available for download from Bugge Wesseltoft's site www.buggesroom.com before August 24. The "physical" CD is only released in Norway for now, where it is in shops on Monday 21.

A note for the very specially interested: On the CD cover there is a different lyric printed than the one Sylvian recites. The reason for this is that the project started out as a set of short texts, and we left it up to the singers/instrumentalists to respond to and work with these fragments as they felt appropriate. This was intentional; we wanted to work with the lyrics in the same way that we worked with the music -- reconstructing, adding, remixing, exchanging files instead of meeting in a normal studio environment. So there's a few words of the original text left in Sylvian's lyric, but all in all it's his work.

Thanks for your interest, we greatly appreciate it if you spread the word!

Best,
Erik, Punkt
Skrift
Noob
Noob

Postby Silver Moon on Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:58 pm

Hello!

Thank you so much for this information! We really do appreciate it very, very much! It is really an excellent track and I hope to purchase this when it comes out. Also, thank you for signing up!

Take care,
-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby baht habit on Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:43 pm

How excellent is this? What a wonderful surprise. Erik Honoré has actually logged in and posted to this site. This is now obviously The Place for Sylvian fans and musicians to virtually gather.
I had figured that Crime Scenes was going to be a hard one to locate. All of the places that I frequently peruse for musical purchases were coming up with nothing in reference to this cd. Thankfully, that site that Mr Honoré mentioned will be making the disc available through downloads.
I am sure that the disc will gain attention through word of mouth and through the demand caused by Sylvian's fans alone, an international release will be inevitable. But until then, I'd reckon that the mp3 downloads will do just fine for the many Sylvian completists out there.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:53 pm

I'm really looking forward to this release... thank you Erik for posting where a download will be available! THANK YOU!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:49 pm

That goes for me too---thank you very much!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:07 am

Thanks so much for the info, Erik. I hope the cd gets wider distribution and great reviews.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:31 am

Great! Thanks for the info, Erik. :-)
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:56 pm

Skrift wrote: The "physical" CD is only released in Norway for now, where it is in shops on Monday 21.

A note for the very specially interested: .........we greatly appreciate it if you spread the word!

Best,
Erik, Punkt

Punkt have now put up details on myspace of how us international jetset types can get hold of the CD - go to cdon.com

It works out about £16 delivered to the UK

Sonic
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:16 am

As Erik wrote, the tracks from the cd Crime Scenes would be available for download before the 24th at www.buggesroom.com. I gladly paid for and downloaded 'Angels' last night and will most likely obtain a few more of the tracks, in particular the ones with trumpeters Arve Henriksen and Nils Petter Molvaer. Thanks again Erik for pointing us in the right direction.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Collaborations