anyone interested in free ds stuff?

Sakamoto, Fripp, Czukay et al.

anyone interested in free ds stuff?

Postby Adrian on Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:55 am

Hi there,

Anyone interested in a 'In praise of shamen world tour '88 brochure'? I have it but I didn't go, so...
Also a slightly worn but still mint-y copy of 'Ember Glance' with Russell Mills (which is why I am posting it here)...
both free and up for grabs, but preferably by someone who doesn't have them yet; possibly in the Netherlands.
I am moving house and need to clear away a lot of clutter. I didn't go to the tour, so I don't really want to keep the tour brochure; and I have the music of Ember Glance (on 'Approaching Silence') so I don't really need that either.
In return maybe a cd you really like or a letter or something? Post me a pm (that's possible on this forum right?) and we'll try to work something out. I'll post here again when it's gone, or in two weeks time; whichever is first. In that case I'll sell the stuff to a record shop here in Amsterdam; although I'd much rather see it go to any of you lovely people on here!

Peace, Adrian
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:39 am

I am closing this down now.

I've had three replies, which makes it kind of awkward, but I am sending the tour brochure to 'godisinthesilences' because she specifically mentioned it and lives in the US, and sending a tour brochure there when he's not touring there this time around kind of makes sense.

Ember Glance I am sending to Ellyn Sylvian, who lives in New Zealand, and was probably going for this judging from her pm-title

And I really hope Proggrl isn't too disappointed. Maybe some other stuff will surface that I would send on to her - there's loads of stuff and as she said we kind of have similar taste.

So all three please send me your postal address and I will send stuff out early next week.

As a return you might like to send me a cd or a book that's close to your heart - maybe something I wouldn't expect from someone on this forum.
Anyway.

Peace, Adrian
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:10 am

Proggrl, Godisinthesilences and Ellyn Sylvian: I NEED YOUR ADDRESSES!!!
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:18 am

Hi there (again).
The packages are ready to go. I have addresses for Proggrl and Ellyn. Now I just need the address for 'godisinthesilences'.
I also have a package for The Sonic Chronicler - so if anyone could get him to PM me his address - either here or through the PT forum that would be great!
And then I can go to the post office. Don't want to make more than one trip really - terrible queues.
Anyway - thanks!
Peace, Adrian
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:55 am

can i just say i have the absolutely WORST memory of anyone alive. I totally forgot all about asking for these in your generosity to give them up.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I am totally looking forward to getting my hot little hands on ANY tour program for david. LOL

YOU ROCK ADRIAN
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:05 am

I now have everyone's address so will be strolling over to the P.O. later this afternoon. So watch that postbox...
In reply to a question about this. I don't really want anything in return or shipping payed, but if you like you can send me a book or a cd close to your heart (not sylvian-related because that would be too obvious - surprise me!) - or maybe a postcard or something.
But most of all: enjoy your stuff.
Love,
Adrian (Ard from The Netherlands)
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:46 am

well right now i wish you great blessings and a big ol thank you! MWAH
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:12 am

Hello!!

Just a quick note to say Ember Glance has arrived this morning!! Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, have only just got home!

Many, many thanks!!! Have something for you, will wrap it up and send it on it's way in the next day or so.

Ellyn :-D
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:01 am

You're welcome. And I am curious... :-) Thanks!
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:10 am

Adrian - Good GOD MAN!!! Do you have ANY CDs left???? :shock:

I'm about to wrap up my entire CD wall and ship it to you. Seriously, anything you want just left me know. I have a few things to send back to you, but .... I wouldn't even know where to start to repay you for all these. I think I had a copy of one of them, but I might just burn a copy for myself and send some of these on - spread the love. :-)

Thank you EVER SO MUCH!!! You didn't have to send me anything - but WOW - thank you! :smt058

PS - Did you work for Burning Shed or something?
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:06 am

hey proggrl,

you're welcome. And yes, there are loads of cd's left, thanks... :-)
I used to buy all burning shed cd-r's but stopped a while ago; when I was packing up to move house I realised I hadn't listened to most of them more than once, so... better to get them to people who might like them.

Anyway, peace
Adrian

Am on holiday at the moment but had to check in to see if there was anything new about the tour
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:35 am

Hey Ellyn,

What a big surprise today! Thank you for the book. Apart from what most people know about maori's (tattoos etc.) it's a subject I know nothing about, and I will enjoy reading this book over the coming weeks.

So thanks again and take care!
Adrian
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Collaborations