Yuka Fujii TRANSIENT

Sakamoto, Fripp, Czukay et al.

Yuka Fujii TRANSIENT

Postby thricegreat on Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:27 am

There's a video up on Samadhisound of Yuka Fujii's Transient which played at the ICA recently with music from the Naoshima thingy - apologies if this has already been posted.

www.samadhisound.com/videos/yuka_fujii_transient.html

Also check out recently added on YouTube - some of her footage of our kid live in Italy 2003 - and actually posted by Samadhisound - looks like they're gearing up for the live dates to come!
thricegreat
Regular
Regular

Postby heartofdavid on Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:48 am

Thanks for the info!

There are several videos up at YouTube (FITF tour) by someone using the name samadhisound - search by 'David Sylvian' and sort by date posted - excellent quality on When The Poets Dreamed of Angels/Cries and Whispers but poor on Late Night Shopping - if it was posted by the actual Samadhisound I'm surprised they'd put up something with such poor quality as the latter. Similarly with World Citizen - people walking in front of the camera and blocking the view, the sound of people talking over the sound of the song - I'd expect something better if they are the source (and some mention on the site).

Would an artist use YouTube like that, rather than their own website?
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:47 am

yuka's film is quite interesting. It seems a wonderful meditational piece...
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby thricegreat on Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:59 pm

yeah- thought it was pretty ordinary - but was thrown by fact it said by Yuka of Osmosis- pretty elaborate fiction....very dodgy camera angles etc..
thricegreat
Regular
Regular

Postby camphorvan on Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:57 am

Agreed - thought some of it was good, but it's not exceptional is it? Loved the music though. On Plight etc, he used a continious note on the synth to build on (matchstick wedged in) and on Flux he used 'world music' as a backdrop to improvise over, (then edited the 'world music' out - Holger told me this). In this case, not that I've heard Naoshima at all yet, it seems he uses silence as the 'root note' if you see what I mean. Good stuff, I'll be ordering my copy forthwith.
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:37 pm

Agreed - thought some of it was good, but it's not exceptional is it? Loved the music though. On Plight etc, he used a continious note on the synth to build on (matchstick wedged in) and on Flux he used 'world music' as a backdrop to improvise over, (then edited the 'world music' out - Holger told me this). In this case, not that I've heard Naoshima at all yet, it seems he uses silence as the 'root note' if you see what I mean. Good stuff, I'll be ordering my copy forthwith.
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Collaborations