Question!

Sakamoto, Fripp, Czukay et al.

Question!

Postby BeehiveSecrets on Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:43 pm

Hello everyone.. i was reading about Laurie Anderson and the text said that "she collaborated with many artists including Peter Gabriel, Brian Eno etc. etc." BUT what caught my atention was that David was also mentioned in that list.. any ideas on what this means?
BeehiveSecrets
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby proggrl on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:38 pm

I'm going to guess this refers to the Sylvian / Sakamoto single release World Citizen on which she makes an appearance.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby BeehiveSecrets on Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:50 am

wow, so it's kind of a.. recent thing then. what part does Laurie play in World Citizen?
BeehiveSecrets
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby proggrl on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:13 am

I'm not sure she actually recorded anything for them, but I had thought they used thier studio (and bass player). I know they've cross collaborated with many different people - Sakamoto, Zazou, Eno, etc... So I'm sure they have run into each other and collaborated perhaps in a different sense. I'm not aware of them actually recording anything together (I think I would know if they had). And if they HAVE and I missed it - someone pleeeease tell me!
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby BeehiveSecrets on Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:28 am

uhuuuuh, i see! thanks for the info.. it would had been great if they collaborated - Laurie is awesome. and i find it interesting how the whole 'interesting british music' (which are usually my favorite artists)scene know each other and so on, even though they don't collaborate, you know - David recording in Peter Gabriel's Real World studios, Kate Bush doing stuff with Peter, Mick playing for Kate and so on.. thanks for the info!
BeehiveSecrets
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to Collaborations