Rare Hector Zazou collaboration

Sakamoto, Fripp, Czukay et al.

Rare Hector Zazou collaboration

Postby gokartmozart on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:13 pm

No vocals, but if you like your Sylvian mood-music, there is a good dose here (bet you don't have this... and probably never will)! DS is only credited for "guitars". Great soundtrack for late night online shopping...

Image << HECTOR ZAZOU "MINI-CD" >>

PS> Don't know for sure if this contains anything not on 'Sahara Blue' collborations CD. I suspect that it is extended tracks from the HZ/DS songs on Sahara Blue.

Image ... David Sylvian!
"The world is a king, and, like a king, desires flattery in return for a favor; but true art is selfish and perverse - it will not submit to the mold of flattery." Ludwig von Beethoven
gokartmozart
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby baht habit on Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:18 pm

Thanks so very much gokartmozart. That version of To A Reason is the original mix that was later rearranged for Sahara Blue. I never thought I would have a chance to hear it. This one includes piano by Sakamoto that was erased from the Sahara Blue version and it includes much more of Sylvian's treated guitar parts which were also omitted from the final mix. I am not sure but I think Sylvian's recitation is slightly different at certain times.
Thanks so much again, this is a fantastic find on your part.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby gokartmozart on Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:29 pm

More than pleased to pass along the link. Sharing it with my fellow forum friends was the first thing to come to mind.

Hope it prods some of us to grab a copy of the Sahara Blue CD (I think it can still be found really inexpensively online)... I lost mine to a romantic breakup thing years ago. :(
gokartmozart
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby sonic_chronicler on Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:03 pm

I had some promo with different versions on ages ago - I'll have to look it out.

Be aware that not all versions of Sahara Blue are the same - you might end up with less Sylvian than you bargained for.
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Rare Hector Zazou collaboration

Postby svendutchmountains on Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:31 am

Just as a warning - a fake version of the original Outtakes CD is now on eBay with a nice Buy-It-Now price of $450!

See http://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Sylvian-H ... Sw3KFWfrVP

It looks like a high quality fake - with some nice artwork but is missing all the relevant copyright information etc. which the original CD has. The original can be seen here:http://www.davidsylvian.net/releases/regulars/14-commissions/609-hector-zazou-parade-sauvage-pour-arthur-rimbaud.html

It has been a while since fake Sylvian CD`s have surfaced on eBay!
I recognize no method of living that I know of, I see only the basic materials I may use
svendutchmountains
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: Rare Hector Zazou collaboration

Postby svendutchmountains on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:16 am

I contacted the seller who maintains it is a legitimate CD which he bought at an auction. However, he has now changed it from Buy-It-Now to a regular auction, with an initial bid price of $120.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sylvian-Zazou-P ... SwhkRWgcsv.

Greetings from the Dutch mountains
Sven
I recognize no method of living that I know of, I see only the basic materials I may use
svendutchmountains
Obsessed
Obsessed

Return to Collaborations