UNRELEASED DS LYRICS ON DANISH ALBUM

Sakamoto, Fripp, Czukay et al.

UNRELEASED DS LYRICS ON DANISH ALBUM

Postby Fevre on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:39 am

Hello everyone

Just want to inform you that I did a sort of collaboration with Sylvian in 2002, which resulted in 4 tracks on my "Seasons of a soul" album: "Nagarkot", "The colour of roses", "Lilith" and "Ride" (lyrics by DS, music by Henrik Fevre) were all included on the beforementioned album. All lyrics taken from the first Trophies book. (The music for these lyrics were done before Sylvians own version of "Ride" was released, so the music is completely different, but the lyrics are the same, obviously).

I exclusively earned the rights from Opium (Arts) Ltd. to release the album in a limited number of 500. I still have a few copies left. If you should be interested, please visit my website www.henrikfevre.dk
I also have a new album out now called "Other rooms", though non-Sylvian related.

Regards
Henrik F.
Last edited by Fevre on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fevre
Noob
Noob

Postby Silver Moon on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:59 am

Hello Fevre!

Welcome to the board! I would love to purchase this album... Thank you for posting the information about it here! Very neat that you collaborated with Mr. Sylvian!

Thanks again,

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Seasons of a soul

Postby Fevre on Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:51 pm

Hello Kera!

Sounds great. Tell me where you live (which country) and I'll find out the exact price for you.

Regards
Henrik
Fevre
Noob
Noob

New link

Postby Fevre on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:13 pm

If you tried my website with no luck, please try www.henrikfevre.dk - thanks.

Fevre
Fevre
Noob
Noob

Postby Silver Moon on Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:50 pm

Hello!

I live in the US!

Thank you,

-Kera
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Fevre on Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:02 am

Hey Kera!

It's $20 incl. postage. Paypal is ok. And if you are the webmaster of this site, could you please remove my entry in Solo Works. That was an accident, and I don't think I can delete it myself anymore.

Thanks.

HF
Fevre
Noob
Noob

Re: UNRELEASED DS LYRICS ON DANISH ALBUM

Postby sonic_chronicler on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:13 am

Fevre wrote:Hello everyone

Just want to inform you that I did a sort of collaboration with Sylvian in 2002, which resulted in 4 tracks on my "Seasons of a soul" album: "Nagarkot", "The colour of roses", "Lilith" and "Ride" (lyrics by DS, music by Henrik Fevre)

So can you tell us a little more about the collaboration - I'm confused by 'sort of'

Did you actually work with Sylvian (in which case I'm interested) or just use his lyrics from the book (in which case, I'm not really)

Sonic
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: UNRELEASED DS LYRICS ON DANISH ALBUM

Postby proggrl on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:06 am

sonic_chronicler wrote:
Fevre wrote:Hello everyone

Just want to inform you that I did a sort of collaboration with Sylvian in 2002, which resulted in 4 tracks on my "Seasons of a soul" album: "Nagarkot", "The colour of roses", "Lilith" and "Ride" (lyrics by DS, music by Henrik Fevre)

So can you tell us a little more about the collaboration - I'm confused by 'sort of'

Did you actually work with Sylvian (in which case I'm interested) or just use his lyrics from the book (in which case, I'm not really)

Sonic

But how do you know you're not interested until you hear it? Ferve, do you have any samples up anywhere?
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:48 pm

I wouldn't be interested in something pushed as a collaboration on false pretences
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

The story behind the sort of "collaboration"

Postby Fevre on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:10 am

Hello Sonic

It wasn't a collaboration in a normal sense. I never actually met DS or talked to him. All went through Opium (arts) and Richard Chadwick.

The story is: I thought it was a pity that the 4 unreleased lyrics in Trophies were not released with music. So in 1994 I decided to write the music for them. But it wasn't until 2000 that I actually got around to recording the tracks, with basically a jazztrio + various overdubs. I then sent copies to Opium to get permission to release it. After some time Richard told me that the tracks were heard and accepted by Sylvian, but only for release in a limited run of 500. As far as I know it's the only time he has ever approved such a "collaboration", for which I'm very happy of course. If anyone knows of similar "collaborations", please let me know...

"Lilith" and "Ride" can be heard on this link should anyone be interested: http://www.soundvenue.com/band.asp?id=840

Regards
Henrik
Fevre
Noob
Noob

Postby Burnsjed on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:28 am

I liked the music on Ride, and was thinking it would have made an interesting instrumental piece. Waht instrument(s) do you play on this Henrik?
Burnsjed
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Fevre on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:30 am

Hello

Vocals and synths on Ride. Glad you like it.

Fevre

www.henrikfevre.dk
Fevre
Noob
Noob

Postby Burnsjed on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:27 am

Do the other musicians have more of a jazz background, or is that just the direction you wanted to take that particular song/album?
What music do you find yourself listening to ?
Burnsjed
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Fevre on Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:11 am

Hello Burnsjed

I would say that the people playing on these particular tracks all have jazz background. I've always been interested in the harmonies of jazz, big chords and so on, but not particularly in long improvisations. So I guess I make popmusic inspired by jazz. Other songs on "Seasons" do not sound jazzy, except the chords used. And on most other songs there are only few other musicians than me. But you can read more about it on my website if you like.

I listen to DS solo (especially 80's), Prefab Sprout, Donald Fagen, The blue nile, Scritti Politti but also Maurice Duruflé Requiem opus 9 and Pat Metheny. How about yourself?

Fevre
Fevre
Noob
Noob

Postby The Analog Kid on Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:41 am

sonic_chronicler wrote:I wouldn't be interested in something pushed as a collaboration on false pretences

hey Sonic - had a foul mood when you wrote that? :wink:

yeah it was good to clear up exactly what the extent and nature of the collaboration is. In all fairness it hardly qualifies for the name in the sense that there isn't any real 'working together' as the word implies (much as when I reuse Peter Gabriel lyrics to go with my own music would not be a collaboration)

In this case however as these are lyrics not previously used and the limited release is approved by Opium I think it is indeed potentially more interesting than my Peter Gabriel example above ...

Personally I am not going to go after this release (not for the DS content anyway - though it may well be worthwhile on its own musical merits - so who knows I might after all)

i DO wish Henrik al the luck with this release as long as he keeps it to one thread at the time :wink:

cheers

Eric
Noone takes polaroids anymore
The Analog Kid
Obsessed
Obsessed

Next

Return to Collaborations