Plight & Premonition live film

Sakamoto, Fripp, Czukay et al.

Plight & Premonition live film

Postby silentwings on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:04 pm

At Punkt this year they are replaying a film of David's performance of Plight & Premonition from the 2011 festival:

"Punkt 2015 (3-5 September): Punkt Film is a new festival feature: a continuous film and video programme in two of Kristiansand Kino's halls on 4 & 5 September. Parts of the material will be shown exclusively at Punkt - it will never be released elsewhere - for instance David Sylvian's 'Plight & Premonition' concert from Punkt 2011 featuring Philip Jeck, Arve Henriksen, Eivind Aarset, Erik Honoré and Jan Bang'

I believe this film was shown last year also and I was holding out a hope that it might see some sort of release. I expect it is a fixed camera position so maybe not dynamic enough for commercial publication, but a valuable record of a truly one-off performance. Perhaps the audio recording might be released one day...

I thoroughly enjoyed the two Punkt festivals I attended, I'm sorry to miss it this year with so many great contributors - Honoré, Bang, Henriksen, Endresen, fennesz, Fujikura..
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” att to Jack Kerouac
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Collaborations