Future Collaborations in 2007

Sakamoto, Fripp, Czukay et al.

Future Collaborations in 2007

Postby baht habit on Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:49 pm

I don't know the extent of the validity to what I've been told regarding upcoming collaborations lined up for Sylvian, but once again I've been informed by my friendly source who has managed to be fully accurate in the past few years. So here is the scoop that I've been given:

Sylvian is to be featured on vocals for at least one track, titled "Dead Man", which is included on his brother Steve's solo cd, which I've been told is expected for release finally this year on Samadhi Sound.
Burnt Friedman and Jaki Liebezeit will be releasing Secret Rhythms 3 on Nonplace in late 2007. It has been rumored that Sylvian contributed to a track for this cd. I admit that I remain somewhat skeptical regarding this one, since I had heard that Liebezeit spoke poorly of Sylvian's lyrics and vocal for The Librarian and I was under the impression that a tension now exists between the two since Sylvian replaced all of Liebezeit's contributions to Nine Horses with Jansen's drumming. Yet there is no doubt that a Sylvian contribution will be highly beneficial towards the sales of the release.
And I recall that Sylvian collaborated with members of an improvisational group from Vienna named Polwechsel. The recording had supposedly taken place some time in 2005.
Anyone else out there with the ability to confirm these tiny tidbits?
thanks
Last edited by baht habit on Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby gokartmozart on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:00 pm

I for one would very much enjoy a Secret Rhythms 3 from Burnt and Jaki. Another vocal track from DS would be great too. Really enjoyed the previous two CDs...
gokartmozart
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby krausy on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:11 pm

Thanks for the info folks ----keep us posted
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Collaborations