Possible Duets Album

Sakamoto, Fripp, Czukay et al.

Possible Duets Album

Postby banyan on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:49 pm

From an interview with Joan as policewoman on the Huey Show - 6 Music

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00y477n

Joan wasser mentions that she has been working on a duets project with
David Sylvian, Which she seems quite excited by.

Sounds like its going to be a busy year for DS.
banyan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Possible Duets Album

Postby Serotonin on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Thank you so much for your posting and for the link, Banyan. It was a very enjoyable interview. I loved when Joan mentions that she is doing a collaboration with David and Huey replies: "cool!". Joan then says: "He (David) is one of my favourite voices - ever; he's such an amazing person and mind..." (For those who don't want to listen to the whole broadcast, the part with Joan starts at 2.03.00 and ends at 2.26.00 roughly).

I'm really looking forward to this forthcoming collaboration. I had the opportunity to go to Joan's concert last Sunday and have been listening to her new album "The Deep Field" since it came out last month. All the tracks are so heartfelt and lovely. She has the same sense of melody as David. If this partnership results in something similar, I'll be very pleased indeed :D
Serotonin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:34 am

I might be seeing her play next week. If I can manage to be there I will ask her about it.

BTW, I have Honor Wishes, but someone has the other song with David in the Japanese ed of To Survive? It's called "No Question". Thanks :)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:40 am

Finally yesterday I went to see Joan live. Man, she's impressive! If someone is interested, I am uploading videos and pics soon too :)

I asked her about David and 1st thing she said was "Oh my, he's SO good!" hehe! She said that definitely they have a project going on together and that soon we will know more about it. Didn't want to ask more because there were lots of fans waiting for sigs and pics, but was glad to get a confirmation ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Collaborations