Thomas Feiner ;where are you

Sakamoto, Fripp, Czukay et al.

Thomas Feiner ;where are you

Postby digimarsh on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:47 am

I love the Opiates , i so wish he would do something new!

Any info anyone
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Thomas Feiner ;where are you

Postby Bern on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:14 pm

I also love this album and "Sow the Salt" is a highlight on Slope for me but I am sure "Opiates" had been recorded for years before Samadhi Sound released it, hopefully he is a musician interested in quality and not quantity and will be issuing something soon
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby pinenut on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:07 pm

I agree that Thomas Feiners work with the opiates was pretty special. He answers messages sent to his myspace when he gets chance. I sent him a similiar question a while back and got the answer below. Hope this helps.
Ross

Hello
Well, as ever my project is slowly in the making, but a 2010 release... not sure about that. But I have so many tracks in the pipeline, and it's not all about a full-length cd anymore. Hoping to put something up on Myspace relatively soon.
Sorry to be so unspecific. Nevertheless, I'm just completing a collaborative piece with Autumn Chorus. Should be out by the beginning of next year if everything goes well. I won't be lead singer on that one though.
Best
Thomas

I also asked about the opiates and hoped it had reached a wide audience and had been successful for samadhisound.

Well - to be honest it wasn't the immediate success they had hoped for. Pretty small sales. Maybe it's more of a slow burning thing. Anyway - my new studio is finished finally. Now I just have to get the software and hardware to agree. But I have a number of songs in the pipeline. Hoping to have them finished by the end of this year. As for a release date it's to early to tell.
pinenut
Regular
Regular

Postby Bern on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:16 pm

Thanks for the update Pinenut
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby digimarsh on Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:59 am

Thanks very much for that, fingers crossed then. The fact that he has completed his own studio makes me hopefull that he will be more active in the future.Does anyone know if he is still contracted to samadhi at all.
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby natsume on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:10 am

His page is still up on the Samadhi site, so I imagine he is. It is probably important to Samadhi long-term to maintain their roster. If they can continue to grow and add a number of artists in the next few years and really build a coherent brand "image", it will be key to their longevity.
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Collaborations