Plight & Mutability

Sakamoto, Fripp, Czukay et al.

Plight & Mutability

Postby Simonp on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:38 am

I've been listening to Plight & Premontion and Flux & Mutabality a great deal over the last few weeks. Don't think I really appreciated these albums at the time of their release (perhaps I was too young and they were too "out there") but they are easily now among my top five Sylvian works particularly Plight. Is there any update on the re-release of them? I know Holger Czukay stated at some point on his website he was planning on re-issuing them but there doesn't seem to be anything forthcoming about it?

Any other Plight fans?
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Plight & Mutability

Postby Bern on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:02 pm

Yes I am a great fan of both pieces
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Bern wrote:Yes I am a great fan of both pieces

Agree. I always used these pieces of music for inspiration and relaxation. I liked the remixes of them too. It would be nice if there was more work like them.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tracycowell on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:44 pm

I love both these pieces, at the time i did consider it "out there" but i still loved it, good to relax to. They are so familiar to me now its like putting on a comfy pair of slippers..:D
Ask yourself: Do I know who I am? Perform sincere self-inquiry, and find the permanent solution to all of life’s problems. — Amma
tracycowell
Regular
Regular

Postby Adrian on Mon May 17, 2010 4:07 am

the label that was going to do these re-issues has gone down, so Holger has put this on the back burner. It was looking promising with new mixes being added. Holger is now into releasing new stuff on limited vinyls... Don't know if these re-issues will ever heppen now - hope so! ...
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby digimarsh on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:32 am

Adrian wrote:the label that was going to do these re-issues has gone down, so Holger has put this on the back burner. It was looking promising with new mixes being added. Holger is now into releasing new stuff on limited vinyls... Don't know if these re-issues will ever heppen now - hope so! ...

If you look on Amazon you will see that these albums are quite expensive now and rare too. If they are never re issued they will be lost completely i expect, Flux and Mutability is such a beautifull album ,it's a shame really.
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kitaj on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:17 am

tracycowell wrote:I love both these pieces, at the time i did consider it "out there" but i still loved it, good to relax to. They are so familiar to me now its like putting on a comfy pair of slippers..:D

I'll always remember the day I first put the 'Plight' vinyl side A on just before having to go to school - it was absolutely out-there music for me, but I sang the opening piano line all the way to school with such levity.. :-)
kitaj
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby camphorvan on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Mutability is my favourite all time piece of music bar none. Those first few bars take me back to a thousand places; a thousand memories. The aching beauty of it....he said pretentiously....
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Collaborations