Czukay & Sylvian - Plight & Premonition

Sakamoto, Fripp, Czukay et al.

Czukay & Sylvian - Plight & Premonition

Postby Adrian on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:00 am

Hi there,

No release date yet :x , but this is from August 2 from Holger's diary:
beginning of last month I said that issue 3 of my back catalogue was already finished. but I hadn't considered all the little details which take most of the time. it was planned to rerelease plight & premonition which david sylvian and myself created about 20 years ago. I also suggested to david adding an additional remix to the original new mastered cd. they became too, couldn't help to find out what could be done different in a new version. and both remixes became very different to the original ones without losing its original character.
plight remix is a combination of german spoken lyrics by ursa major, the music of anton webern and the remixed multitrack material whereas premonition remix stayed instrumental only. so the cd should be filled to the edge. would presume that most of you have never heard the name of anton webern who was a composer during the fist half of the last century with a special sensivity for the quality of emptiness - what shall I say more, better you lend your ears to this timeless combination of different genres.

SO: the original album plus a remix of each part; making a cd crammed full... I wonder if this is Sylvian's remix stuff from the Camfor album or something different again... Looking forward to say the least... :D
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chet on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:02 am

fantastic...
And my heart sings of many things
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:43 am

very cool! THis should be quite interesting
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby E.T. on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:33 am

I'd like to listen to it! :D
I haven't listen to czukay collaborations.
today I talked to a girl, she said czukay's music was used for Japanese CM, very beautiful music, for suntory whisky or something, then there was a Czukay boom.
Last edited by E.T. on Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tin Bird on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:01 pm

Plight and Preminition on a dark, cold Winter afternoon is sublime.
When I cannot sing my heart...I can only speak my mind...
Tin Bird
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chet on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:34 am

on a sad bright warm summer afternoon aswell...
And my heart sings of many things
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Czukay & Sylvian - Plight & Premonition

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:43 am

Adrian wrote:would presume that most of you have never heard the name of anton webern who was a composer during the fist half of the last century with a special sensivity for the quality of emptiness - what shall I say more, better you lend your ears to this timeless combination of different genres.

I think he's presuming too much here... :lol: I like Webern, but I have to say that his master, Arnold Schoenberg is probably one of my favourite composers ever, and the most important composer of the 20th century.
Webern took Schoenberg's principles to the most radical extreme, and his other pupil, Alban Berg, is great too. Not so radical, but his search for a deep beautiful aesthetic sense on his music makes him great.

It's very hard music to get into at the begining, but i think if you like Blemish, you'd like all three of them :-)

However, it's gonna be quiet interesting to hear that new release.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Collaborations