New Album Steve Jansen

Solo career, news, photography and all things related to Steve

New Album Steve Jansen

Postby Quiet Visitor on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:10 am

https://stevejansen.bandcamp.com/album/ ... ct-suite-2

A reinterpretation of the more ambient and orchestral elements of ‘Tender Extinction’. Not a remix by any means, some familiar passages are woven together with additional pieces to create a suite of instrumentals lasting over 55 minutes as one single track. Due to the track length limits on Bandcamp the download version has been divided into two tracks, Part 1 & Part 2. This version will therefore not be as one continuous piece but instead split into two parts at a suitable point in the recording. To acquire one continuous recording please purchase the CD version. The download version will be included with your CD purchase.

No info yet on http://stevejansen.com/
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: New Album Steve Jansen

Postby inkinthewell on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:04 am

Preordered a copy.
The description is enticing. I'll enjoy comparing The Extinct Suite to Tender Extinction.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Got the album yesterday and have listened to it a couple of times now.
What a beautiful piece of art! And it works perfectly as a long prelude for Tender Extinction. :)
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:02 pm

Amazing!
There's not an instant where it sounds like it's patched up, but flows naturally from moment to moment, from beauty to beauty.
I have not yet heard it back to back with Tender Extinction (I would have naturally thought of hearing the latter first and the Suite afterwards, but Quiet Visitor suggests doing the reverse. Will have to try both. :D), but I really appreciate how the bits that I loved of that album stand out even more here, while all the rest acquires a different, deeper quality. Great work.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Annoying Twit on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:17 pm

I'm massively behind on all things of the band Japan.

I knew that Steve had an album out that I hadn't bought yet and it had something like 'extinct' in the title. So, I toodled off down to HMV and bought it. Playing it "Hmmm.... didn't this album have multiple tracks and vocal songs." Very pleased to see that there is still another album for me to buy :)

Now I've got to work out all that Richard has been up to over the last few years.
Annoying Twit
Noob
Noob

Postby Quiet Visitor on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Annoying Twit wrote:I'm massively behind on all things of the band Japan.

I knew that Steve had an album out that I hadn't bought yet and it had something like 'extinct' in the title. So, I toodled off down to HMV and bought it. Playing it "Hmmm.... didn't this album have multiple tracks and vocal songs." Very pleased to see that there is still another album for me to buy :)

Now I've got to work out all that Richard has been up to over the last few years.

KScope is about to release Richard's first two solo-albums as a double-pack!
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Annoying Twit on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:46 pm

Quiet Visitor wrote:
KScope is about to release Richard's first two solo-albums as a double-pack!

Thank you.

Things Buried/Stranger Inside, I presume. It's reasonably priced on Amazon. Is it possible to buy it directly from Richard so that he gets more of the money?
Annoying Twit
Noob
Noob

Postby Quiet Visitor on Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:59 am

Richard is on KScope and you can buy his music through Burning Shed (which is lead amongst others by Richard's friend Tim Bowness): https://www.burningshed.com/store/kscop ... /272/8510/
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Annoying Twit on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:10 am

Thanks. Purchased on pre-order direct from BurningShed. I'm familiar with Tim Bowness from No-Man and the Bowness/Barbieri album. I didn't know that he runs BurningShed.
Annoying Twit
Noob
Noob

Postby Annoying Twit on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Annoying Twit wrote:Thanks. Purchased on pre-order direct from BurningShed. I'm familiar with Tim Bowness from No-Man and the Bowness/Barbieri album. I didn't know that he runs BurningShed.

And .... arrived. I'm listening to it now. I've heard bits online and on Spotify, but this will be the first time that I hear it all through.

There's still other stuff I'm 'behind' on. Particularly Steve's download only releases.
Annoying Twit
Noob
Noob

Return to Steve Jansen