My print of David arrived today!

Dolphin Brothers, JBK, Rob Dean, and others...

My print of David arrived today!

Postby arieleleven on Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:36 pm

Nice way to celebrate Steve's birthday, eh?! Anyway, I don't want to take it out of the bubblewrap yet since I am going to take it to be framed tomorrow, but as far as I can tell it looks beautiful and Steve did sign the bottom of the card around the photo as promised.

There was no return address on the package which mildly surprised me -- I was expecting a PO box. But I did have to sign for it. Still, it's a good thing the print reached me, otherwise it would be floating out there in Post Office Purgatory for all of eternity, ha.

Sorry, I was so excited by its arrival that I just had to share with others who would understand. :-)
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:38 pm

ooooh which one did you get???? I want to purchase about 4 of them but i will have to wait until the new year to even get one.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:55 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:ooooh which one did you get???? I want to purchase about 4 of them but i will have to wait until the new year to even get one.

I got the one of David drinking juice in his kitchen with the Warhol print on the wall by the stove behind him. I know what you mean; there are several more that I would love to have as well but those will have to wait for awhile!

I probably shouldn't have spent this much on myself, especially with the holidays imminent, but I simply could not resist. I just had to have this piece.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:15 pm

Yes! As soon as I get the money I will be purchasing one! ... Lovely!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby krausy on Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:37 am

So, did the postal service end up handling yours for you? I asked him about what he uses, and whether it was a courier, etc (since I work for UPS I had to ask :) ). The response only said it was not UPS.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:58 pm

krausy wrote:So, did the postal service end up handling yours for you? I asked him about what he uses, and whether it was a courier, etc (since I work for UPS I had to ask :) ). The response only said it was not UPS.

Yep, it was the postal service. I thought it might be something like Fed Ex, but no.

Guess it must be getting to be the really, really busy season for UPS, eh? :-) (Not that things are ever slow there, I'm sure.)
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:59 pm

Silver Moon wrote:Yes! As soon as I get the money I will be purchasing one! ... Lovely!

-K-

Maybe you will get one from Santa?
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:07 pm

arieleleven wrote:
krausy wrote:So, did the postal service end up handling yours for you? I asked him about what he uses, and whether it was a courier, etc (since I work for UPS I had to ask :) ). The response only said it was not UPS.

Yep, it was the postal service. I thought it might be something like Fed Ex, but no.

Guess it must be getting to be the really, really busy season for UPS, eh? :-) (Not that things are ever slow there, I'm sure.)

Oh yes it is---this is our busiest part of the year obviously. And with online purchasing at a all time high, it just puts that much more volume into our system and lots more stops/pkgs for the drivers. We have already worked 15 helpers into our schedule this week and that should double either this week or next. I ,with the help of an assistant brought in from our district, am coordinating all of the helpers, from setting meet points and times, to issuing uniforms. I worked about 3 hrs each morning this week in addition to my usual 5pm-10pm evening shift, which will only get longer as we get closer to Christmas(hence Christmas almost becoming my not so favorite holiday, sadly, as the spirit is pretty much tapped by Christmas Eve).

By the way, if anyone has any questions about any UPS deliveries you may be getting, or about tracking a pkg, please feel free to PM me and I will see what I can find out for you---I may not be able to find the answer to everything, but I will certainly put forth effort or point you in another direction. ;-)
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:41 pm

krausy wrote:
arieleleven wrote:

Oh yes it is---this is our busiest part of the year obviously. And with online purchasing at a all time high, it just puts that much more volume into our system and lots more stops/pkgs for the drivers. We have already worked 15 helpers into our schedule this week and that should double either this week or next. I ,with the help of an assistant brought in from our district, am coordinating all of the helpers, from setting meet points and times, to issuing uniforms. I worked about 3 hrs each morning this week in addition to my usual 5pm-10pm evening shift, which will only get longer as we get closer to Christmas(hence Christmas almost becoming my not so favorite holiday, sadly, as the spirit is pretty much tapped by Christmas Eve).

By the way, if anyone has any questions about any UPS deliveries you may be getting, or about tracking a pkg, please feel free to PM me and I will see what I can find out for you---I may not be able to find the answer to everything, but I will certainly put forth effort or point you in another direction. ;-)

Yikes! Sorry to say, I am one of those online/catalogue shoppers (I almost never Christmas shop in person anymore) who will be making your life increasingly hellish as it gets closer to Dec. 25th. Hang in there -- I hope it won't be too hideous!

Thanks, though, for offering to possibly help with any delivery-related questions we may have. It's nice to have a friend at UPS now! :)
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:25 pm

I got my print yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omigosh, it is soooooo gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta find a decent framing shop now..........................
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:33 pm

krausy wrote:I got my print yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omigosh, it is soooooo gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta find a decent framing shop now..........................

That's so great!! It sounds as if your reaction was identical to mine when mine arrived!
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:06 pm

Oh, man... congrats on the prints, guys! I'd love one, but perhaps I should get a job first...
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tallulahtaurus on Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:23 am

Oh, man... congrats on the prints, guys! I'd love one, but perhaps I should get a job first...

Snap for me on that well almost, what I need to do is get a decent job that pays more than minimum wage....I want one soooo badly....am soooo jealous. :D
"This island of blue
Where life clings to your hands
Like water and sand
Will loose it's way when you're gone"
tallulahtaurus
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Cheery Cherry on Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:40 am

Yeah, you guys are definitely lucky. I am having a difficult time trying to listen to David Sylvian without having my fiance get all bent out of shape. It's awful...I am waiting to get my tax return so I can order one of Japan's DVDs from Amazon...and I have to either lie and say that it was on sale for under $10 or not say anything to my fiance about it and then watch it when I can find the time to be alone.
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Band Collaborations and Members