Guess Who's Touring With David

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby sisterlondon on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:36 pm

*seals proggrl's mouth with duct tape* :-D
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:35 pm

BhRRRhhhhwwwrnnnnraarrrrrrrmmmmm mmmmmmrrrahhhhh. *sighs*

mmmmmmnnn...... :?

ehehehe
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:05 pm

Be good or that will be there for the trip as well ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:18 pm

*mmmmrrroooohhh maaaahhhhhyy. maahhhh beraaaahhhv* I'm sure Sonic will keep me in line anyway, or he could be the first with the duct tape, I'm sure. ;)
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:35 pm

Okay, everybody----your antics with the duct tape did make me chuckle a little........ :D

And Proggrl, that thought DID cross my mind. I figure if I DID schedule a trip to Europe to see the Grinch, then that would be my luck---pick one date on the tour and Whammo-----the Grinch gets loaded with green phelgm and cancels out.

So see, I am saving all of you folks from disaster by NOT going. :cry:

Hey, how bout If I throw a "Pity Party" on opening night? We'll kick back in my hammock, a bottle of wine each, and turn the radio to the sappy pop song station....................

oh.............forgot...............I guess I will be the only one there. :? Hey, I guess I drink ALL the wine then :-D
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

From The Promoter in Italy...

Postby MoodyB on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:33 pm

Sorry if you don't speak Italian! (I though you all might appreciate it anyway).
Apart from the usual stuff, it says (regarding Steve) "For the great joy of the fans"!
It's never been a secret that Steve has been a fan favourite over the years, nearly always getting a thundering applause that makes the poor bloke turn red!
;-)
You may spot that they spelled Steve's name wrong...

ECCO LA LINE UP DEL TOUR TEATRALE DI DAVID SYLVIAN: C'E' ANCHE STEVE JENSEN
Artista: David Sylvian
Data: 12.06.2007
Nelle cinque date che l'ex Japan effettuerà nei teatri italiani, all'interno di un tour europeo di altissimo profilo, saranno tre i musicisti che lo accompagneranno sul palco: Keith Lowe al basso, Takuma Watanabe alle tastiere e, per la grande gioia di tutti i fans, Steve Jensen alla batteria, fratello di David, con lui dai tempi dei Japan fino alla recente esperienza con i Nine Horses.
Rivedere sui nostri palchi i due artisti insieme è una grande sorpresa e un grande regalo per tutti i fans... imperdibile!

DOMENICA 23 SETTEMBRE – MILANO – CONSERVATORIO G.VERDI

LUNEDì 24 SETTEMBRE – REGGIO EMILIA – TEATRO VALLI

MERCOLEDì 26 SETTEMBRE – CONEGLIANO V.TO (TV) – TEATRO ACCADEMIA

GIOVEDì 27 SETTEMBRE – ROMA – AUDITORIUM CONCILIAZIONE

SABATO 29 SETTEMBRE – TORINO – TEATRO COLOSSEO
Last edited by MoodyB on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

http://www.chriscrader.com/
http://stores.lulu.com/Eurotech
MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: From The Promoter in Italy...

Postby Steerpike on Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:20 am

[quote="MoodyB"]Sorry if you don't speak Italian! (I though you all might appreciate it anyway).
Apart from the usual stuff, it says (regarding Steve) "For the great joy of the fans"!
It's never been a secret that Steve has been a fan favourite over the years, nearly always getting a thundering applause that makes the poor bloke turn red!
;-)
]

About time too. I think that over the years people have realised just how much he contributed to Japan's sound and watching him playing live you certainly realised that he was more than just a pretty face.

Chris, I'm curious. There's more dates in Italy on this tour. Is that because David is more popular in Italy than anywhere else in Europe?
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: From The Promoter in Italy...

Postby MoodyB on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:06 am

Steerpike wrote:
MoodyB wrote:Sorry if you don't speak Italian! (I though you all might appreciate it anyway).
;-)
]

About time too. I think that over the years people have realised just how much he contributed to Japan's sound and watching him playing live you certainly realised that he was more than just a pretty face.

Chris, I'm curious. There's more dates in Italy on this tour. Is that because David is more popular in Italy than anywhere else in Europe?

I think that you'll find that David always does more dates in Italy than anywhere else...And yes it's a popularity thing! He's always been quite revered there...
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:17 am

...plus, to quote Fripp, 'the food is always good' in Italy. :)
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby MoodyB on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:39 am

baht habit wrote:...plus, to quote Fripp, 'the food is always good' in Italy. :)

Lol, yes indeed! That's a great Fripp quote...His diary entries always crack me up...

MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:35 am

MoodyB wrote:
baht habit wrote:...plus, to quote Fripp, 'the food is always good' in Italy. :)

Lol, yes indeed! That's a great Fripp quote...His diary entries always crack me up...

I admire his good taste. Italy is my favourite country too. (It also has my favourite football team - AC Milan).
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:15 am

Thanks for that post Chris (and the pic!). So true about Steve ;)

Italians are very devoted and faithful fans. The Durans also have a huge following there, they don't let down the artists.
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to General Discussion