Guess Who's Touring With David

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby arieleleven on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:56 am

Steerpike wrote:
krausy wrote:Well, now THAT is just the icing on the cake for you gang going to see them!!!!!

Ariel---be sure to tell Steve how much we love our portraits we bought from his site a while back!!!

Everybody enjoy the shows---

Hmmmmm, now that Steve is in the picture, perhaps he will kick his older sibling's backside and knock him aside the head and talk some sense into him about a certain subject I can no longer refer to out of frustration, but I believe you all know what it is!! :evil:

Gosh! you've actually bought one each? Which ones did you get?

I got the one of David drinking juice in his kitchen in front of his Warhol Marilyn -- I love little slices of life like that and besides, it has always amused me that he had that hanging by his stove. :-)

It was my Christmas present last year.

B x
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:59 am

krausy wrote:
arieleleven wrote:
krausy wrote:Well, now THAT is just the icing on the cake for you gang going to see them!!!!!

Ariel---be sure to tell Steve how much we love our portraits we bought from his site a while back!!!

Hmmmmm, now that Steve is in the picture, perhaps he will kick his older sibling's backside and knock him aside the head and talk some sense into him about a certain subject I can no longer refer to out of frustration, but I believe you all know what it is!! :evil:

I will do re: the portraits, Krausy!

We can always cross our fingers and toes re: this other topic, but I still say a few pieces of well-aimed organic cantaloupe wouldn't hurt -- kidding!!! I would never advocate violence of any sort, especially the kind involving organic produce. :-)

Why yes, that would be "Produce Abuse" :-D

I believe there are laws against this sort of thing, LOL. :)
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:00 am

proggrl wrote:I do believe I am, yes. I just don't want to say 100% until I have my plane ticket in my hand. But it's verrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy likely we will be at Manchester, Glasgow (YIPPEEEE), London and B'ham. I'm sure we'll be able to meet up in London at some point but it's all up to what my lovely host would like to do. ;)

I am so thrilled for you...I really hope we can meet up somewhere along the way!

B x
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:05 am

sisterlondon wrote:Ariel, sure we can hold each other, unless we both faint at once. Nah...

And I never bought any portraits, I thought they were so expensive! And none of Steve. Self-portraits damnit! ;)

Well, we'll just get Nadia and Nik to hold us up then, LOL!

Yes, the photoprints don't come cheap but the final result is so gorgeous, it's well worth it to me. Anyway, I saw elsewhere online someone was selling one of Steve's prints of David for $1,800 (this was before Steve started selling them himself). So you see, $240 seemed like a bargain to me in comparison! Plus, it's a very good investment that will just appreciate with time, you know?
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby MoodyB on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:30 am

arieleleven wrote:
Steerpike wrote:
heartofdavid wrote:
arieleleven wrote:Thank you, Steve, for humoring us and changing your mind about the tour!

He never indicated previously that he wasn't going to tour with David, did he? This is the first word on the line-up that comes directly from the source, I'm guessing a lot more interesting information will be forthcoming.

I just figured that Steve/David were slow with giving out the information, in the same way they are slow about updating the site in general. Thought this announcement was like "Oops! By the way, we forgot to mention..."

Wish David would update his image section, would be nice to know what he looks like these days. To bad he wasn't grocery shopping with his brother the other day, or perhaps he was and the interviewer only stopped Steve. :wink:

Funny you should say that..... In the Times on Friday there was an advert for David's tour and a very nice B/W piccie. His hair looked "salt and pepper" (brown with grey) and the style looks very similar to the hairstyle he had in 1984. I can't scan it in as I saw it while reading over someone's shoulder on the train home!

Really?? He sounds as lovely as I figured. I wonder if this ad might be found anywhere online?

Just uploaded the UK ad for the tour to the covers sections of the gallery here...Enjoy!

Chris
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

http://www.chriscrader.com/
http://stores.lulu.com/Eurotech
MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:52 am

MoodyB wrote:
arieleleven wrote:
Steerpike wrote:
heartofdavid wrote:
arieleleven wrote:Thank you, Steve, for humoring us and changing your mind about the tour!

He never indicated previously that he wasn't going to tour with David, did he? This is the first word on the line-up that comes directly from the source, I'm guessing a lot more interesting information will be forthcoming.

I just figured that Steve/David were slow with giving out the information, in the same way they are slow about updating the site in general. Thought this announcement was like "Oops! By the way, we forgot to mention..."

Wish David would update his image section, would be nice to know what he looks like these days. To bad he wasn't grocery shopping with his brother the other day, or perhaps he was and the interviewer only stopped Steve. :wink:

Funny you should say that..... In the Times on Friday there was an advert for David's tour and a very nice B/W piccie. His hair looked "salt and pepper" (brown with grey) and the style looks very similar to the hairstyle he had in 1984. I can't scan it in as I saw it while reading over someone's shoulder on the train home!

Really?? He sounds as lovely as I figured. I wonder if this ad might be found anywhere online?

Just uploaded the UK ad for the tour to the covers sections of the gallery here...Enjoy!

Chris

Thanks for this! David is looking very handsome himself these days, isn't he? I have always like his hair styled this way, personally speaking.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:56 pm

arieleleven wrote:
Steerpike wrote:

Gosh! you've actually bought one each? Which ones did you get?

I got the one of David drinking juice in his kitchen in front of his Warhol Marilyn -- I love little slices of life like that and besides, it has always amused me that he had that hanging by his stove. :-)

It was my Christmas present last year.

B x

And I got the one that is of David, close up shot with a jacket on and sitting by a big window, head tilted down but eyes looking up----a very luscious shot of him I must still say although he is still in "time out" with me :evil:

Like Ariel, I too thought the price of the prints was very reasonable, considering they are signed and numbered as well. I have a brother that is an artist so I know the pricing, etc and felt it was more than fair. I also agree the value can only increase with time, and also---if you frame it well, that alone adds value!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Burnsjed on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:33 am

I guess us newer members have no idea what the subject is, but I don't really want to ask, as it is clearly annoying you!
Burnsjed
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:08 am

Burnsjed wrote:I guess us newer members have no idea what the subject is, but I don't really want to ask, as it is clearly annoying you!

Whoops, sorry about that! The original topic here seems to have been Steve joining David's fall tour after all, but has somehow veered way off to which photoprints by Steve some of us have purchased.

xxx
Last edited by arieleleven on Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:26 pm

Burnsjed wrote:I guess us newer members have no idea what the subject is, but I don't really want to ask, as it is clearly annoying you!

Oh.....so you've noticed, huh? Just too bad the right person hasn't. :-D
Anyway...........Let us now return to our regularly scheduled programming.............

Yes, having Steve on board is absolutely grand as he belongs there, I think, and makes the whole tour experience even better for those lucky enough. 8)
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:38 pm

Don't give up hope Krausy, people always change thier minds. He did once say he was never going to tour again and here he is touring. I think if the right promoter cam along, who knows maybe somewhere down the line something would be worked out. Maybe it just didn't seem feasible for what he's doing now.

Anyway - all these shows are going to be awful anyway. Sylvian said he's going to get deathly ill and lose his voice right before the tour begins. :twisted: So I don't hink you're missing out much.

Hope it makes you feel better anyway. :)
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:46 pm

Don't tempt fate.
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:51 pm

proggrl wrote:Don't give up hope Krausy, people always change thier minds. He did once say he was never going to tour again and here he is touring. I think if the right promoter cam along, who knows maybe somewhere down the line something would be worked out. Maybe it just didn't seem feasible for what he's doing now.

Anyway - all these shows are going to be awful anyway. Sylvian said he's going to get deathly ill and lose his voice right before the tour begins. :twisted: So I don't hink you're missing out much.

Hope it makes you feel better anyway. :)

I still think they should work with my friend Jim, who is an excellent booker and he has been a Sylvian fan for years so he would definitely look out for David's best interests, etc. Maybe I am hopelessly naive, but I just can't believe that he will never ever play the Americas again.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:14 pm

proggrl wrote:Sylvian said he's going to get deathly ill and lose his voice right before the tour begins.

Don't say that!!!! Remember my experience with Steve in february! (or rather, my non-experience!) If he or David get sick this time I am going to be even more unhappy!!! :shock:
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:28 pm

Sorry, sorry, just trying to make Krausy not feel so bad. :?
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion