Guess Who's Touring With David

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:12 pm

heartofdavid wrote:
arieleleven wrote:Thank you, Steve, for humoring us and changing your mind about the tour!

He never indicated previously that he wasn't going to tour with David, did he? This is the first word on the line-up that comes directly from the source, I'm guessing a lot more interesting information will be forthcoming.

I just figured that Steve/David were slow with giving out the information, in the same way they are slow about updating the site in general. Thought this announcement was like "Oops! By the way, we forgot to mention..."

Wish David would update his image section, would be nice to know what he looks like these days. To bad he wasn't grocery shopping with his brother the other day, or perhaps he was and the interviewer only stopped Steve. :wink:

Funny you should say that..... In the Times on Friday there was an advert for David's tour and a very nice B/W piccie. His hair looked "salt and pepper" (brown with grey) and the style looks very similar to the hairstyle he had in 1984. I can't scan it in as I saw it while reading over someone's shoulder on the train home!
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:13 pm

heartofdavid wrote:
arieleleven wrote:Thank you, Steve, for humoring us and changing your mind about the tour!

He never indicated previously that he wasn't going to tour with David, did he? This is the first word on the line-up that comes directly from the source, I'm guessing a lot more interesting information will be forthcoming.

I just figured that Steve/David were slow with giving out the information, in the same way they are slow about updating the site in general. Thought this announcement was like "Oops! By the way, we forgot to mention..."

Wish David would update his image section, would be nice to know what he looks like these days. To bad he wasn't grocery shopping with his brother the other day, or perhaps he was and the interviewer only stopped Steve. :wink:

This is the second time our posts have crossed while you were editing your first one, heartofdavid! Cosmic, eh? :-)

The way the line-up was announced on the Brussels venue site (in conjunction with what Chris learned from Keith Lowe) made it seem like the drumless line-up was fairly certain. I always assumed from the start that Steve's name would be included right away as well, but obviously I was wrong, and happy to be so! I did rather hope that between now and fall David would realize that songs like "Darkest Birds" woudn't sound the same without Steve to add that extra little percussive zing, ha.

Yes, I too wish David would add some new photos! I have no doubt that he too is as striking as ever. (I'm convinced it's in the Batt family DNA.)

B x
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:15 pm

Steerpike wrote:
heartofdavid wrote:

Funny you should say that..... In the Times on Friday there was an advert for David's tour and a very nice B/W piccie. His hair looked "salt and pepper" (brown with grey) and the style looks very similar to the hairstyle he had in 1984. I can't scan it in as I saw it while reading over someone's shoulder on the train home!

Really?? He sounds as lovely as I figured. I wonder if this ad might be found anywhere online?
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:46 pm

Steerpike wrote:
sisterlondon wrote:Yayyyy!!!!!! :D

*shakes arieleven* Bring the salts woman! :lol:

Yayyy *dances round the room with arieleven & sisterlondon & anyone else who's seeing the show*

Ooops, wasn't forgetting about you, but as ariel will be on first row if she faints it's going to be more evident ;)

*dances with everyone*
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:57 pm

sisterlondon wrote:
Steerpike wrote:

Yayyy *dances round the room with arieleven & sisterlondon & anyone else who's seeing the show*

Ooops, wasn't forgetting about you, but as ariel will be on first row if she faints it's going to be more evident ;)

*dances with everyone*

lol imagine it. The hall is quiet, David's playing some quiet serious tune, and in the front row staff are fusing around, trying to revive Ariel with smelling salts :-D
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:07 pm

I think I can imagine it already, LOL! :lol:
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:25 pm

So Progglr, aren't you coming to London then? :( I would have loved if we had met!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:56 pm

I do believe I am, yes. I just don't want to say 100% until I have my plane ticket in my hand. But it's verrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy likely we will be at Manchester, Glasgow (YIPPEEEE), London and B'ham. I'm sure we'll be able to meet up in London at some point but it's all up to what my lovely host would like to do. ;)
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:05 pm

sisterlondon wrote:
Steerpike wrote:

*dances with everyone*

Sisterlondon will be in the front row too, though! (By some bizarre miracle, our seats are next to each other -- how weird is that?!) So she and I can hopefully hold each other up when Steve comes onstage -- or else we'll both faint simultaneously, LOL!

You know, smelling salts really might be wise to have with us. Ha!
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:10 pm

Steerpike wrote:
sisterlondon wrote:
Steerpike wrote:

*dances with everyone*

lol imagine it. The hall is quiet, David's playing some quiet serious tune, and in the front row staff are fusing around, trying to revive Ariel with smelling salts :-D

Oh heavens, that would be too mortifying for words, LOL! No worries, I won't faint or do anything else potentially embarrassing as I have already promised my lovely and congenial hosts Nadia and Nik (she is already convinced she is going to have to tie me to my seat, ha) that they will indeed be able to be safely seen with me in public!

At least I'll try not to faint. :-) How does one prevent a fainting spell, anyway? I mean, I would hate to travel all that way and miss the concert, LOL. :)

xxx
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:26 pm

Well, now THAT is just the icing on the cake for you gang going to see them!!!!!

Ariel---be sure to tell Steve how much we love our portraits we bought from his site a while back!!!

Everybody enjoy the shows---

Hmmmmm, now that Steve is in the picture, perhaps he will kick his older sibling's backside and knock him aside the head and talk some sense into him about a certain subject I can no longer refer to out of frustration, but I believe you all know what it is!! :evil:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:39 pm

krausy wrote:Well, now THAT is just the icing on the cake for you gang going to see them!!!!!

Ariel---be sure to tell Steve how much we love our portraits we bought from his site a while back!!!

Hmmmmm, now that Steve is in the picture, perhaps he will kick his older sibling's backside and knock him aside the head and talk some sense into him about a certain subject I can no longer refer to out of frustration, but I believe you all know what it is!! :evil:

I will do re: the portraits, Krausy!

We can always cross our fingers and toes re: this other topic, but I still say a few pieces of well-aimed organic cantaloupe wouldn't hurt -- kidding!!! I would never advocate violence of any sort, especially the kind involving organic produce. :-)
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:00 pm

arieleleven wrote:
krausy wrote:Well, now THAT is just the icing on the cake for you gang going to see them!!!!!

I will do re: the portraits, Krausy!

We can always cross our fingers and toes re: this other topic, but I still say a few pieces of well-aimed organic cantaloupe wouldn't hurt -- kidding!!! I would never advocate violence of any sort, especially the kind involving organic produce. :-)

Why yes, that would be "Produce Abuse" :-D
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:59 am

Gosh! you've actually bought one each? Which ones did you get?
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:57 am

Yay proggrl! Your dates sound like my last tour for DD, Glasgow, Brum, Manchester and London, hah! :P Hope that you can make it hon, lucky you! :D

Ariel, sure we can hold each other, unless we both faint at once. Nah...

And I never bought any portraits, I thought they were so expensive! And none of Steve. Self-portraits damnit! ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion