David Sylvian World Tour - Tickets Available Now For RFH

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby Steerpike on Fri May 25, 2007 6:28 pm

sisterlondon wrote:I have now row A too *yes, I'm crazy*So if anyone knows that any late person needs an extra ticket, let me know. I have the row R to spare. Not at the front, but if anyone is interested I'll try to ebay it (if I figure out how to do so!)

Arrgh! I picked a bad week to go on holiday didn't I? I will try and get my own today, but I may need that extra ticket if it's still on offer sister london. Shame I missed out on a front seat, but I look on the bright side - I had front row seats with Japan :D

Lx

p.s. At the moment (12.45 am on Saturday) there are only rear stall seats!!
Last edited by Steerpike on Fri May 25, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Fri May 25, 2007 6:45 pm

Melaszka wrote:By the way, I'm going to the RFH gig by myself, as all my friends are unenlightened. I'll perhaps ask this again nearer the time, but if anyone else is going alone and would like to meet up before/after/during to share the experience, that would be great.

I am still not sure if I am going alone to London or with my family, but in any case I'd love if we all could meet up somewhere prior the show, maybe for an early snack? Just thinking out loud. Being this show a seated one (I am so accustomed to queue for gigs!) I think we can manage to meet okay :D

Steerpike wrote:
Arrgh! I picked a bad week to go on holiday didn't I? I will try and get my own today, but I may need that extra ticket if its still on offer sister london.

Lx

Yeah of course it is! I wasn't trying to make anything with it until Ticketmaster sends it to me. I prefer a lot more selling it to a fan than ebaying it (I haven't sold anything there before). So if you need it, let me know and I'll save it for you. I just want to get what I paid back, not overpricing it or something!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Fri May 25, 2007 7:31 pm

sisterlondon wrote:
Melaszka wrote:By the way, I'm going to the RFH gig by myself, as all my friends are unenlightened. I'll perhaps ask this again nearer the time, but if anyone else is going alone and would like to meet up before/after/during to share the experience, that would be great.

I am still not sure if I am going alone to London or with my family, but in any case I'd love if we all could meet up somewhere prior the show, maybe for an early snack? Just thinking out loud. Being this show a seated one (I am so accustomed to queue for gigs!) I think we can manage to meet okay :D

Steerpike wrote:
Arrgh! I picked a bad week to go on holiday didn't I? I will try and get my own today, but I may need that extra ticket if its still on offer sister london.

Lx

Yeah of course it is! I wasn't trying to make anything with it until Ticketmaster sends it to me. I prefer a lot more selling it to a fan than ebaying it (I haven't sold anything there before). So if you need it, let me know and I'll save it for you. I just want to get what I paid back, not overpricing it or something!

lol! :D Glad to see I'm not the only insomniac on the board. It must be nearly 2.30 am in Spain!

I don't know how I can type, I am shaking so much. I literally walked in the house from the airport 2 hours ago, and decided to check my e-mails before I unpacked and/or went to bed! I am SO glad I did.

Thank you so much for the offer of the ticket.

I will wait and speak to my friends tomorrow, but I am sure they will think I already have tickets. At least I can go to sleep now, knowing that there is a ticket being saved for me :wink: I promise to let you know in the next few days.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Fri May 25, 2007 7:34 pm

Yep, no worries, like I told you I still don't have the ticket in my hands, so can't do anything with it! I'll keep it for you until you tell me if you got anything better or not.

And it's 2:30 yep, I am quite nocturnal (just arrived from work).
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Fri May 25, 2007 7:40 pm

Melaszka wrote:

By the way, I'm going to the RFH gig by myself, as all my friends are unenlightened. I'll perhaps ask this again nearer the time, but if anyone else is going alone and would like to meet up before/after/during to share the experience, that would be great.

I know how you feel Melaszka (or are you Mel for short!). We should meet. This is such a rare occasion for us all to meet up in "real life". I'll probably take the the whole day off, especially if Ariel and other folk from outside London are going to be coming specially to see the show!
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Melaszka on Sat May 26, 2007 4:08 am

sisterlondon wrote:I am still not sure if I am going alone to London or with my family, but in any case I'd love if we all could meet up somewhere prior the show, maybe for an early snack? Just thinking out loud. Being this show a seated one (I am so accustomed to queue for gigs!) I think we can manage to meet okay :D.

I know how you feel Melaszka (or are you Mel for short!). We should meet. This is such a rare occasion for us all to meet up in "real life". I'll probably take the the whole day off, especially if Ariel and other folk from outside London are going to be coming specially to see the show!

That would be brilliant!
Melaszka
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sat May 26, 2007 5:41 pm

sisterlondon wrote:Yep, no worries, like I told you I still don't have the ticket in my hands, so can't do anything with it! I'll keep it for you until you tell me if you got anything better or not.

Contacted my friends and they had got their own tickets and as they had not heard from me, they thought I had got mine too. I did have a look at various ticket sites but all the seats in the front stalls on Ticketmaster site have gone.

So, yes, I would love to have your spare ticket Isa.

I did find a site called http://www.britishconcerts.com/ and they have some great seats, but they don't seem to have the same seating arrangements as ticketmaster, so I don't know whether to use them. Any suggestions?

Whatis strange is that they have seats in:

Block CIR
Block R/C located in the RIGHT CHOIR
Block C/R located in the RIGHT CIRCLE

But there are no CIR or circle seats on the ticketmaster stage plan, Wonder what the choir seats are like? We'd be sitting behind the stage then?? :shock:
Last edited by Steerpike on Sat May 26, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sat May 26, 2007 6:45 pm

Steerpike wrote:So, yes, I would love to have your spare ticket Isa. :D

Okay then! Like I told you it's not the best thing (row R) but at least you have a ticket!

Once I have it, would you prefer me keeping it and giving it to you at the show or sending it by mail?
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sat May 26, 2007 7:39 pm

sisterlondon wrote:
Steerpike wrote:So, yes, I would love to have your spare ticket Isa. :D

Okay then! Like I told you it's not the best thing (row R) but at least you have a ticket!

Once I have it, would you prefer me keeping it and giving it to you at the show or sending it by mail?

Good Thinking. Hmmm. Part of me says it will be better to keep it and give it to me when you see me, but then I remember how we missed each other at the Porcupine Tree gig! I think for the moment keep it for the time being.

Don't know if you saw my post above after I edited it. The website for British concerts was on the Pioneers site, I only saw it after I'd been on here. They have seats in row E! But they say they are in the Circle? Where's that? I shall give them a ring tomorrow too, just in case they are a genuine company and these seats are very near the front.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sat May 26, 2007 8:19 pm

That site that you mention is powered by Seetickets, so you better check their site directly:

http://www.seetickets.com

I'm not a fan of them because I had troubles getting some DD tickets from them 2 years ago. But got the PT ticket through them and it was fine. So you better call them and ask!

And about meeting each other, this time we don't have to queue, so guess it would be a lot easier to meet each other, and all the rest, if we all have finally that meeting :)

Just let me know. By now I am holding it for you, but if you find something better tell me so I can sell it![/url]
Last edited by sisterlondon on Sun May 27, 2007 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Xx_Vanity_xX on Sun May 27, 2007 6:44 am

Hrmm, i heard he's playing in Dublin but as it's in spetember there is a very slim chance of me being able to go as i start art college in spetember. Oh bubble trumps :(
Yeah, intelligent input darling why don't you just have another beer then.
Xx_Vanity_xX
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sun May 27, 2007 6:57 pm

sisterlondon wrote:That site that you mention is powered by Seetickets, so you better check their site directly:

http://www.seetickets.com

I'm not a fan of them because I had troubles getting some DD tickets from them 2 years ago. But got the PT ticket through them and it was fine. So you better call them and ask!

![/url]

I called then today and they were not very helpful. They said they had no seating plans, yet there is no circle in the RFH. Having said that, they do seem to have the whole of row E for sale. I was offered E14, which is practically centre of the 5th row, but, like you, I am suspicious and want to be sure that I am getting a proper front stall seat.

I found a better seating guide:
http://www.theatremonkey.com/FESTIVALHALLstalls.htm

The choir seats are right behind the stage. So if Steve was there I would have a good view of the back of him? I

I will call again tomorrow and see if I can speak to someone who can help me.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun May 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Mmm... don't know what to tell you really. According with the venue's site row E is all sold out though, at least at the Front Stalls area. *uh?*
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sun May 27, 2007 7:13 pm

sisterlondon wrote:Mmm... don't know what to tell you really. According with the venue's site row E is all sold out though, at least at the Front Stalls area. *uh?*

Exactly. That's what I thought. :roll: I have also reported it to the IT address on See Tickets, saying that they are selling tickets for seats that don't officially exist. Also, in a theatre, the circle is usually another word for balcony
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun May 27, 2007 7:27 pm

So probably the best is asking the venue? Now I am even more confused than you are!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion