David Sylvian World Tour - Tickets Available Now For RFH

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby Steerpike on Mon May 28, 2007 10:15 am

sisterlondon wrote:So probably the best is asking the venue? Now I am even more confused than you are!

I took your advice and found the "proper" number of the RFH box office. (and not the one on the SamadhiSound website which took you straight to Live Nation). The lady I spoke to was very friendly and according to her they have no "Circle" seats and she was surprised to hear that the choir seats were on sale too. :shock:

Anyway, she still had Front stall seats available, so I have now bought seat 8 in row H. It's on the right hand side but I was assured that I would have a perfect view of the stage!

I think the moral of this tale is to contact the venue directly in future!

Thanks for all your help and your offer of your ticket. At least I am now sitting nearer to you and the other JS crew!
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Melaszka on Mon May 28, 2007 12:13 pm

Steerpike wrote:They said they had no seating plans, yet there is no circle in the RFH. Having said that, they do seem to have the whole of row E for sale. I was offered E14, which is practically centre of the 5th row, but, like you, I am suspicious and want to be sure that I am getting a proper front stall seat.

This is really scaring me, because according to my e-mail confirmation from the RFH, I booked E14 on Friday, so how could seeticket be offering it for sale on Saturday? I'm going to be a bit nervous until my ticket arrives.
Melaszka
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Mon May 28, 2007 12:20 pm

Melaszka wrote:
Steerpike wrote:They said they had no seating plans, yet there is no circle in the RFH. Having said that, they do seem to have the whole of row E for sale. I was offered E14, which is practically centre of the 5th row, but, like you, I am suspicious and want to be sure that I am getting a proper front stall seat.

This is really scaring me, because according to my e-mail confirmation from the RFH, I booked E14 on Friday, so how could seeticket be offering it for sale on Saturday? I'm going to be a bit nervous until my ticket arrives.

Oh Gwad! Didn't mean to scare you Mel. :shock:

But I think that your one is the legit one, which I think confirms my suspicions.

What I think is also interesting is how come I get a 8th row ticket 5 days after the tickets go on sale, while Sisterlondon gets a 18th row seat the morning the tickets go on sale? How are these seats distributed?

I shan't feel happy now until the tix is in my hot little hand. I should get it within 7-10 days.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Melaszka on Mon May 28, 2007 12:33 pm

Steerpike wrote:Oh Gwad! Didn't mean to scare you Mel. :shock:

But I think that your one is the legit one, which I think confirms my suspicions.

What I think is also interesting is how come I get a 8th row ticket 5 days after the tickets go on sale, while Sisterlondon gets a 18th row seat the morning the tickets go on sale? How are these seats distributed?

I shan't feel happy now until the tix is in my hot little hand. I should get it within 7-10 days.

It's confusing and worrying, isn't it?

I've just rechecked the South Bank Centre website, and noted that there is a row E on the Balcony (and poss another one in the rear stalls, too), which might be the ones the agency is selling. I really hope no-one's been conned and that everyone has the seat they think they have.

Looking forward to getting my ticket. If something's gone wrong, I'll go to a tout if I have to, but I'm not missing this.
Melaszka
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon May 28, 2007 3:52 pm

Steerpike, glad that you could get a better row than R! I'll wait till I have that ticket so I can sell it to someone then. If still anyone here wants me to hold it, let me know!

And I have A34 I think, but bought it from the official RFH site, saw the map of the venue and chose my seat, so no doubt of what I got! The pity is that they don't send the tix, so will have to wait to have it in my hand until I am in London. *darn*
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Nath on Tue May 29, 2007 7:13 am

does somebody know when the tix for Paris will be available ?

many thanks

Nath
Nath
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Melaszka on Thu May 31, 2007 6:34 am

Sorry, Nath - I don't know anything about the Paris box office arrangements.

But my ticket for the RFH arrived today! I'm so excited!
Melaszka
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Nath on Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:15 am

so happy for you... :D

Nath
Nath
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: reply

Postby Simonp on Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:43 am

japanfan wrote:I purchased my tickets for the Glasgow gig today. Im front row balcony inches from the stage! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D 8)

Nice one. I'll be sitting right behind you on the second row. Can't wait for him to perform at the Concert Hall. Its a beautiful venue!
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:11 pm

Melaszka wrote:Sorry, Nath - I don't know anything about the Paris box office arrangements.

But my ticket for the RFH arrived today! I'm so excited!

Mine arrived yesterday. I also got a leaflet with all the eating venues in the re-vamped South Bank Centre and there's loads of cafes and restaurants in there now so we could meet up at the venue itself and have a good old chat and not have to worry about being late for the show.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:37 pm

That sounds like a great plan indeed! I don't mind on which cafe/restaurant we meet. It will be nice chatting with you all! :D

I still haven't received my Row R one, and the Row A one will be at the venue for me to pick it from there.
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby fletchertronics on Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:50 pm

Hello all - first post here in a while...

Well I purchased tickets for TRFH pretty early, however I made the mistake of booking via the link on the official site. The 'best' seats available were in row HH (rear stalls). Our seats are pressed up against the side wall...

I was in a hurry, as I was staying with friends in Germany at the time and about to go out to dinner, so simply clicked on the 'official' link… I so wish that I had gone directly to TRFH, as they were still selling better seats than these several days after I made my purchase. :-( Ah well, the gig will doubtless be great anyway.

Anyway, to compensate I bought better seats for the Birmingham show - row G, front stalls! ;-) Lisa and I will definitely attend the Birmingham gig, although I may now sell my London tickets...

Are there any/many folks on here planning to attend Birmingham? If so, do please make yourselves known.

Cheerio.
fletchertronics
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby fletchertronics on Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:04 pm

fletchertronics wrote:Are there any/many folks on here planning to attend Birmingham? If so, do please make yourselves known.

Don't all rush to answer now! ;-)
fletchertronics
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby proggrl on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:33 pm

I was rushing - it just takes me a while to get there. :)

I don't want to spoil anything yet, but it's looking pretty good that I will be there, with a certain other wonderful member of this fine forum!! :-D

And by wonderful I mean beyond the most amazing person one could ever hope to know. :) Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:55 pm

proggrl, I really hope that you two can make it! :D Would be great if we all could meet in there!

And I'm starting to get worried about my Ticketmaster ticket. Has everyone gotten their RFH tix? :?
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion