David Sylvian World Tour - Tickets Available Now For RFH

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby thricegreat on Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:14 am

I got my RFH tix last week but don't worry - if you paid by credit card then your details are registered for the seats. Even if what happened to my sis once - that some tix were posted out to the wrong address - she still got her seats despite the fact the guys who got them in the post turned up too - haha - they got booted out! You'll be OK - I know that feeling of just wanting them in your hand...
thricegreat
Regular
Regular

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:40 am

Thanks! I just want it so i can sell it! The sooner the better!

*checks ticketmaster site*
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby thricegreat on Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:39 pm

OK, Ok - all you who are going to be at the RFH - where do we meet and how are we going to identify ourselves? I know the RFH has a bar - perhaps we could meet for a pre-perf drinkie or two? I live in London but i don't know the South Bank area so well for bars/pubs - any suggestions from anyone who does? The all-important question is how we recognise each other...I gather we won't ALL be wearing fan-memorabilia (toooo last century darling)...any suggestions? I'd love to meet up and just, well, SHARE - been a fan since 1979 and seen every Japan/Sylvian gig - got LOADS of gossip (too sensitive to post here) SO COME ON!!!
thricegreat
Regular
Regular

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:20 pm

thricegreat wrote:OK, Ok - all you who are going to be at the RFH - where do we meet and how are we going to identify ourselves? I know the RFH has a bar - perhaps we could meet for a pre-perf drinkie or two? I live in London but i don't know the South Bank area so well for bars/pubs - any suggestions from anyone who does? The all-important question is how we recognise each other...I gather we won't ALL be wearing fan-memorabilia (toooo last century darling)...any suggestions? I'd love to meet up and just, well, SHARE - been a fan since 1979 and seen every Japan/Sylvian gig - got LOADS of gossip (too sensitive to post here) SO COME ON!!!

Love to meet you too. Best meet up from lunch time as it sounds like we'll have loads to talk about! I don't know the South Bank very well either and they've been doing loads of work there too. I work in Victoria, so I'll check it out sometime before September. I'll check for "cheap" places or pubs that do cheap meal deals too as we'll have some American sisters with us who will find London even more expensive than we do.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby thricegreat on Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:11 pm

let's meet up at lunchtime - I'm freelance (journo) so I have the time to spare...but where??? My sis is taking the day off so lots of time to talk....BUT WHERE????
thricegreat
Regular
Regular

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:29 pm

You're on. I've sent you a Pm, but I dont know if it reached you. Basically, any day but Tuesday and Thursday lunchtimes are fine for me.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tallulahtaurus on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:41 pm

*comes shyly out of the woodwork*

Guys I would so love to meet y'all there as well - I haven't booked my coach yet but I was kinda planning on getting into London Victoria around midday - just because in my nerves I suspected I would get lost going the 10 minute journey from Victoria to Waterloo...eep a bit pathetic but true...

But yeah it would be so beyond cool to meet you all I have been fretting about going to this thing by myself for aaages now.
"This island of blue
Where life clings to your hands
Like water and sand
Will loose it's way when you're gone"
tallulahtaurus
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby MoodyB on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:22 pm

Now I'm feeling a bit peeved that I can't meet up with all of you!
If the bloody exchange rate wasn't so bad, I might've considered hitting the shows in "Old Blighty" too!
Grumble, grumble.
Still I can't complain too much...Do me a huge favour though and have a pint of bitter for me before the show!

;-)

Chris
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

http://www.chriscrader.com/
http://stores.lulu.com/Eurotech
MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:28 pm

Yikes, there's no way I can meet all of you for lunch. I'll be in London with my parents and can't leave them alone for so long (they don't speak English at all and I'm their guide in the trip). So if there's a second meeting at somewhere near the venue (even for a snack/drink before the gig) or the venue itself, I could join you then. I wish I could meet with all of you earlier, but it's not going to be possible :(
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:53 pm

sisterlondon wrote:Yikes, there's no way I can meet all of you for lunch. I'll be in London with my parents and can't leave them alone for so long (they don't speak English at all and I'm their guide in the trip). So if there's a second meeting at somewhere near the venue (even for a snack/drink before the gig) or the venue itself, I could join you then. I wish I could meet with all of you earlier, but it's not going to be possible :(

No way Isa, you're not getting out of meeting up again! :D Besides, I'm going to have a birthday card and a bag of stuff to give you. We are definitly meeting you at the venue as arranged earlier in this post, but as there'll be quite a few of us in town all day, I thought if anybody was free for lunch, then we could meet up then as well & make a day of it.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:54 pm

Aw woman, you don't have to get me a BD card! :oops: And you know that your stuff will be very appreciated! :D

Okay then, count me in for the meeting at the venue! ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:00 pm

sisterlondon wrote:Aw woman, you don't have to get me a BD card! :oops: And you know that your stuff will be very appreciated! :D

Okay then, count me in for the meeting at the venue! ;)

No problem. :D
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:10 pm

MoodyB wrote:Now I'm feeling a bit peeved that I can't meet up with all of you!
If the bloody exchange rate wasn't so bad, I might've considered hitting the shows in "Old Blighty" too!
Grumble, grumble.
Still I can't complain too much...Do me a huge favour though and have a pint of bitter for me before the show!

;-)

Chris

Sure thing Chris. Just the one pint? Any particular favourite tipple? :D It's a shame you won't be able to make it to any the UK dates. Times like this I do regret the bad exchange rate.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:07 am

This was in the London Metro today and is a artist impression of the re-furbished RFH which opens today. I've put a cross where I'm sitting. It's not that far from the front as I expected and the seats are raised, so if I have a tall person sitting in front of me, I will still be able to see.

Where is everyone else sitting? Sisterlondon & ariel, as you can see there's plenty of room in the front in case ariel faints, which is a good possibility as there is no obstruction (pillers, curtains etc) which will affect your view of the stage, which means you'll be able to see Steve and David - and they'll be able to see you :twisted:
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby MoodyB on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:46 am

Steerpike wrote:
MoodyB wrote:Now I'm feeling a bit peeved that I can't meet up with all of you!
Grumble, grumble.

;-)

Chris

Sure thing Chris. Just the one pint? Any particular favourite tipple? :D It's a shame you won't be able to make it to any the UK dates. Times like this I do regret the bad exchange rate.

Bless your cotton socks!
Lol, well if you're prepared to down more than one pint, please feel free!
Any variety of bitter will do!
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

http://www.chriscrader.com/
http://stores.lulu.com/Eurotech
MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion