Classic Pop

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Classic Pop

Postby Gabzi Nemo on Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:56 pm

There I was walking through Books-A-Million, poking through all of the paperbacks and hardcovered numbers. Wandering around, I aimlessly made my way to the magazine section. It was all normal stock until I saw...

A magazine with JAPAN right on it! :O

Okay, so I know that a good amount of you are likely Eurocentric, but here in the Midwest nobody knows Japan. Well, maybe Silvermoon did. However, for the most part if you go around yapping about your favorite band no one really knows what in the world you're talking about. I would never imagine I would see something with Japan on it here, so I was really taken aback.

I bought the thing. It was an issue of Classic Pop that had its price significantly heightened even when considering currency conversions. It detailed a bit of the history around the Quiet Life period, but nothing radically new in terms of content that I recall at this moment. There's also a bit of backstory on Richard's new album Under A Spell, which I admittedly found more interesting than the Japan section. So, I guess it was worth the utter price-gouging I had to withstand :lol:
{Insert life-changing mantra here}
Gabzi Nemo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Classic Pop

Postby Quiet Visitor on Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:43 am

Thanks for sharing Gab. It's quite a lengthly interview, well worth the money (it's also on their website: https://www.classicpopmag.com/2021/05/r ... pellbound/)
Nice detail: Richard is working with Steve again on new music for the first time in 20 years!
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion