End Times on Video Player

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

End Times on Video Player

Postby missouriman on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:52 am

What is the origin of the track/video "End Times" on the Video Player on this site? R.S Thomas reciting his poem, but what is the backing music?
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: End Times on Video Player

Postby Blemished on Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 am

It's a track called ''On the Little In-Betweens" by Akira Rabelais from his album Caduceus. Originally released on Samadhi Sound.
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby silentwings on Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:38 am

Thanks for prompting me to look again at this. Was this little video something that DS posted? I remember seeing it before, struggling to remember the background.
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” att to Jack Kerouac
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Blemished on Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:15 pm

Actually, I think it's two different tracks from the same album - the one mentioned above and "And the Permanence of Smoke and Stars". Similar notes, but Smoke and Stars is processed to be more warped and grainy...

Yes, I think DS posted it somewhere, sometime. Don't remember. Always thought it was a great little miniature - that music, the poetry and the snow flying upwards. Very atmospheric.
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby missouriman on Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:47 pm

Blemished wrote:Actually, I think it's two different tracks from the same album - the one mentioned above and "And the Permanence of Smoke and Stars". Similar notes, but Smoke and Stars is processed to be more warped and grainy...

Yes, I think DS posted it somewhere, sometime. Don't remember. Always thought it was a great little miniature - that music, the poetry and the snow flying upwards. Very atmospheric.

Thanks for the reply. I bought "Spellewauerynsherde". Got to dig a little deeper and get the second one.

https://akirarabelais.bandcamp.com/album/caduceus
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion