Vista blog

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Re: Vista blog

Postby silentwings on Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:01 pm

So, this site is presenting very strangely for me right now. I hope we don't lose it - to this day I find very useful material for my blog project on the past threads here. If you are the site owner and reading this - please preserve the archive, I really believe it's important.

Anyway, this post to say that a couple of weeks ago I published the second part of my articles on Words with the Shaman, this time looking into what David Sylvian had to say about the image of the shaman, and also delving into the very appropriate musical reference point of Steve Reich.

I hope you are able to read this message and follow the link to the article here:

https://sylvianvista.com/2024/03/08/awa ... tree-tops/

Thank you!
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” att to Jack Kerouac
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby silentwings on Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:11 pm

So, this site is presenting very strangely for me right now. I hope we don't lose it - to this day I find very useful material for my blog project on the past threads here. If you are the site owner and reading this - please preserve the archive, I really believe it's important.

Anyway, this post to say that a couple of weeks ago I published the second part of my articles on Words with the Shaman, this time looking into what David Sylvian had to say about the image of the shaman, and also delving into the very appropriate musical reference point of Steve Reich.

I hope you are able to read this message and follow the link to the article here:

https://sylvianvista.com/2024/03/08/awa ... tree-tops/

Thank you!
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” att to Jack Kerouac
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:39 am

You can contact the moderator here: blemished@japansylvian.com

Hopefully you'll get an answer.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby silentwings on Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:22 pm

The latest article on Vista is dedicated to Ryuichi Sakamoto, one year on from his passing. His 2017 album async has two prominent voices: that of author Paul Bowles reading from The Sheltering Sky, and David Sylvian reciting an Arseny Tarkovsky poem.

Sylvian said the album ‘sings of mortality. It expresses a love and gratitude for life accompanied by the knowledge of its fragility.’

I've always enjoyed the little-known remodel of the track with Sylvian, 'Life, Life', by LA-based artist Anenon which was released by Ryuichi as a digital single in 2018.

Here's the link to the article: https://sylvianvista.com/2024/03/29/life-life/
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby silentwings on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:02 pm

I just published a new article about David Sylvian's 1995 'Slow Fire' tour.

The London show was completely unexpected by me and I really enjoyed the stripped-back versions of the songs.

This article focuses particularly on the acoustic guitar renditions of favourite pieces.

Here's the link: https://sylvianvista.com/2024/04/19/jea ... wall-live/
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to General Discussion