New Sylvian art on 'elsewhere'

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

New Sylvian art on 'elsewhere'

Postby jon abbey on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:59 am

hey, it's been a while since I posted here, back in the Manafon days, but it's Jon Abbey from Erstwhile. my wife Yuko Zama is starting a new label called 'elsewhere' with the first two releases out in June. today she revealed the front covers, which both feature new art from David. You can see them on the 'elsewhere' FB page if you like:

https://www.facebook.com/elsewheresound/

Those are just the front covers, but she and David collaborated on all six panels of both releases, all his source art.

OK, I will try to remember to check back here, but I thought you guys might be interested...
jon abbey
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: New Sylvian art on 'elsewhere'

Postby Blemished on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:28 am

Hey Jon

Great to hear from you. Thanks for the heads up regarding David's involvement in the cover art and panels.

I particularly like the cover for the Voutchkova/Thieke release.

Best wishes for the label.
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Tin Bird on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:08 am

Very cool. Thank you for sharing...will look into these releases for sure.
When I cannot sing my heart...I can only speak my mind...
Tin Bird
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby silentwings on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Jon

Great to see you back here and thank you for the additional information on David’s artwork.

One of the great things about following David’s endeavours is being introduced to musicians that might not otherwise have reached our notice. Can you give us any pointers as to what to expect from these releases?

Some here may be familiar with the Voutchkova/Thieke/Carroll cd ‘As Found’ for which David provided photographic artwork.

I shall certainly explore these new releases on Elsewhere.

Many thanks
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” att to Jack Kerouac
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby jon abbey on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:49 pm

sure, you can read Yuko's introductory note about 'elsewhere' here:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/elsewher ... 065413104/

as for the individual musicians, you can find work from all of them on the web. Thieke has done a bunch of duo records with Kai Fagaschinski under the project name The International Nothing on the Japanese label Ftarri, I have copies of all for sale at ErstDist if anyone is interested. Voutchkova I don't know as well (elsewhere is my wife's label, not mine), and Dalibert has a very good recent release on Another Timbre, he is a fairly new name to me, within the last year or so.
jon abbey
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby silentwings on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:21 am

Many thanks Jon for the reply. I look forward to hearing these.

In answer to your comment on another thread, Manafon has led me to the music of many musicians in what might be called the elecro-acoustic improvisation field, and I've enjoyed a good number of recorded works and live concerts. Indeed, in may ways listening to these works opened up Manafon for me. Thanks for your input here.
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” att to Jack Kerouac
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby jon abbey on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:50 am

hello again,

just letting people know that the first two 'elsewheres' are now available via Bandcamp (or from me directly at erstrecs@aol.com if you'd like to make a bigger order including Erstwhiles or Gravity Waves or anything from ErstDist), also it should be noted that in addition to supplying the cover art for both releases, David co-produced 'Blurred Music' along with Yuko.

https://elsewheremusic.bandcamp.com
jon abbey
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to General Discussion