No More Music?

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

No More Music?

Postby missouriman on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:13 pm

In response to a plea for a new record David tweeted "another lifetime".

Are we to assume his interest in creating music is over? Is he going to while away the hours snapping pics of the flowers and deer while he ages into senility? I don't blame him. Music today is manure. Don't be part of it.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: No More Music?

Postby lukasgardiner on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:16 am

that would be very sad indeed but if that's what it is that's what it is...

just wish we heard once and for all if mr sylvian has in fact retired from making music - would be nice to know
lukasgardiner
Regular
Regular

Postby Blemished on Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:51 pm

Saw that too and was saddened to see it. Although he does have a history of changing his mind about things - never touring again and then touring...

I wish we had some more insight into what was going on. It's been a long time since he was interviewed and so much has happened in his life. It seems strange that all this speculation about a new album on Universal may come to naught. He is listed as an artist on Universal in Scandinavia - but maybe that's a residue of something that fell apart. I believe that company has seen many changes lately. But there's also the fact that Rupert Coulson was working with him, Jan Bang was said to have hosted him at his studio for a while and some comment from Alex James of Blur that David was looking for a writing studio.

Would a reasonable guess be that he was working on something but that record company changes or perhaps lack of support for the material he was producing has led to its dropping? Does anyone know anything?
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Foales Arishes on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:23 pm

I wish he would open-up just a little... How hard is it to say something like 'music doesn't interest me at the moment' or 'I have no plans to make another solo recording' ? ... If there are other interests that have eclipsed it, such as the photography, or something else, then why not say so?... even if it will form nothing more than posting them on Twitter or wherever. We don't have to know anything about his heath, or love life, or current home/location, or any other personal aspect, but as he still has many-many followers of his creative self it would be nice if he could express something about where he is currently [even if its zero].... please David, just put us out of our misery.
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lukasgardiner on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:40 am

I posted a question on twitter when David wrote "another lifetime" in response to someone asking about the possibility of a new album... I asked: "current mood or final decision?" --- no response to that.
lukasgardiner
Regular
Regular

Return to General Discussion