David's Facebook page

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Re: David's Facebook page

Postby inkinthewell on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:32 pm

I hadn't noticed this before, but, clicking on the profile picture, this pops up:
1797479_744791735540553_617880085_n.jpg
1797479_744791735540553_617880085_n.jpg (42.43 KiB) Viewed 15820 times

Scroll to the bottom. What do you make of it? :shock:
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:12 pm

I guess the "Ballad Of" was somewhere else on the picture.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kitaj on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:24 pm

inkinthewell wrote:What do you make of it? :shock:

"David Sylvian is dead." (his own quote as per an interview some years ago)

skin-shedding > personal re-invention.
kitaj
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Blemished on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:11 pm

His page has vanished again. Guess someone annoyed him?
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Chad on Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Yes I mentioned this in the Band->General section. It's quite possible that someone pissed him off, but I got to say up front... it wasn't me. :) Maybe he just got tired of Simon asking about the book over and over again. Maybe he's clearing the slate for a a new marketing launch. Maybe he retired from it all. Or maybe not.

I also noticed that Steve & Richard started FB pages earlier this month. That could be a coincidence of course, but I'd like to think there's something bigger in the works. A RTC reunion? or tour?
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Blemished on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:19 pm

Chad wrote:It's quite possible that someone pissed him off, but I got to say up front... it wasn't me. :)

:lol:

Chad wrote:I'd like to think there's something bigger in the works. A RTC reunion? or tour?

I saw a comment like that on the pioneers email too - is there anything to it? I thought that was hell freezing over territory?!
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby natsume on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:43 am

I've wondered about the posted photos. Something makes me think that it may be another party who is very close to him and has access to a vast archive that is picking them, perhaps one of his daughters. There is a little too much emphasis on the past, which is kind of out of keeping with his general outlook.
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Mon May 04, 2015 2:01 pm

Chad wrote:Maybe he just got tired of Simon asking about the book over and over again. Maybe he's clearing the slate for a a new marketing launch. Maybe he retired from it all. Or maybe not.

I also noticed that Steve & Richard started FB pages earlier this month. That could be a coincidence of course, but I'd like to think there's something bigger in the works. A RTC reunion? or tour?

Youre a charmer Chad. Stereotypical troll purporting to be a fan of Sylvian's. I think David would rather be asked about his book than read the guff you come out with on a weekly basis

As for a Rain Tree Crow tour, it ain't going to happen..every. Steve and Richard launch their own Facebook pages and you reckon a reunion is on the cards. You're stupider than I though.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chad on Tue May 05, 2015 7:44 am

ah simon... take your manafon fanboy sh*t somewhere else. your gonna have some serious egg on your face when I'm proven right. david needs a win... keep watching.
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Tue May 05, 2015 8:13 am

I rest my case
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Tue May 05, 2015 8:18 am

Chad wrote:ah simon... take your manafon fanboy sh*t somewhere else. your gonna have some serious egg on your face when I'm proven right. david needs a win... keep watching.

Why would I take my manafon "fanboy sh*t" somewhere else? Am I mistaken? I thought this was a David Sylvian fan forum? Or is now only home to rather tiresome trolls who can't accept that some of Sylvian's fans enjoy more than just Secrets of the Beehive?
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chad on Tue May 05, 2015 8:47 am

Simonp wrote:I rest my case

Really... what case would that be? You're the one that jumped on here and said... and I quote "You're stupider than I though". And you have the nerve to call me a troll.

Simonp wrote:MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON

You wear it with pride, there's nothing wrong with that. But dont barge in here and come down on my sh*t because I'd like to see David work with Steve and Richard again. I honestly think this is a real possibility. Remember, Davids beef was with Mick (or was it Mick's beef?) Either way, I see an opening.

But hey I'm not a fan tho right simon? I'm just here to troll.
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Tue May 05, 2015 9:20 am

Simonp wrote:MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON

You wear it with pride, there's nothing wrong with that. .[/quote]

there's nothing wrong with that? That's exactly the point - you think there IS something wrong with someone liking Manafon....you only have to read your past posts over the last 12 months. Post after post of bile aimed at people who dared suggest they like David's less commercial work. If someone was to start a new thread about how they loved Died In The Wool and I can almost predict now what your comment would be.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chad on Tue May 05, 2015 10:17 am

The subject of this topic is FB. I've been nothing but encouraged by the possibilities. Yes I made fun of your fanboy sh*t because I think its funny. You called me a troll, I think thats funny too.

If you started a fanboy DITW thread, I would have probably ignored it. But then again it would most likely be a dead thread anyways, its old news. But please go ahead, give it a shot.

When David does something of quality, like I know he's capable of, I'll be the first to shout it. When he puts out half-a5sed sh*t, I'll shout that out too. If you've read my posts you would know I'm a fan of art and not just a troll. If you have something to say about the topic at hand, say it. You've contributed zero to this discussion except for this -"it ain't going to happen..every". Maybe you could elaborate on that thought?
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Wed May 06, 2015 4:53 am

I've contributed nothing to the thread because I just know you'll post something derogatory and sarcastic if I do. I mean, just read your post "I made fun of your fanboy sh*t because I think it's funny" - how am I supposed to respond to that? That's why I've contributed zero to this discussion. You are a troll. End of.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion