Completist anonymous

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Completist anonymous

Postby svendutchmountains on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:43 am

So here is a question to all completists...

You know how you (we) collect everything? Like - all different versions and editions of each album? The EU version, the NA version, the Japan version, the re-release, the special edition etc... I think I have around 25-30 'different' versions of Brilliant Trees, probably around 15 different versions of Gone To Earth... not counting, ofcourse, 7" singles, 12" singles, 3" Cd singles, 5" Cd singles, cassette singles (remember those?), US CD elongated box sets, promo's, fakes etc...

So... should this mania also count towards merchandise?

I think I've got every single tour T-shirt, jacket, cap, badge, pin, poster from each tour - all in pristine, unwashed, original condition, never worn. But... if I'm a real completist - should I only consider my collection complete if I have all versions? In other words - all sizes?

Does merchandise count?

There's been a blue Approaching Silence keyfob on eBay for years. I've never bought it... but as a completist, should I?

I've got all the promo photo's (and most of the original negatives)... but not all - is that a serious omission?

What about concert posters? How about nail clippings? Soiled underpants?

How far do you go? Really?

Greetings from the Dutch mountains,
Sven
I recognize no method of living that I know of, I see only the basic materials I may use
svendutchmountains
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: Completist anonymous

Postby digimarsh on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:17 am

i must admit i only look to collect every song not necessarily every version, unless as in the case of Life in Tokyo i have a liking for numerous versions and i wish to obtain.We are all different i suppose but i do try and get Every track David Sylvian has ever recorded alo with Japan.
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion