I've got an idea...

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

I've got an idea...

Postby Darkest Dreamer on Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:06 pm

There seems to be a lot of artists, photographers, artsy types in here. What if we were to one day have a combined show of all our work and then auction it off and give all the money to David's favourite charity, Zero Landminds, or whatever everyone agrees on? What do you think? We could invite Mick Karn to bring a sculpture, and the all the other friends of David. What do you think? Kera?
"I don't want to be alone with all my darkest dreaming..."
Darkest Dreamer
Regular
Regular

Postby proggrl on Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:07 pm

That sounds AWESOME! I think we should - it'd be fun. Submitting material and/or getting enough of us in the same room may prove difficult though.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:52 pm

Great idea, but the logistics would be a nightmare. It would almost have to be entirely done online, don't you think?
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:55 pm

Darkest... You are thinking big and I like it!! We need more big ideas in here. First of all, I think it's a great idea. A way to get people on the boards meeting person to person, and a way to show our love and dedication to these artists!! Zero Landmine would be an excellent idea and another way to show that us JapanSylvian.com fans aren't just messing around. It was my full intent at the beginning of making this site to have it become a hands-on sort of thing. And your idea is something I would be looking for. We should get more people in here to discuss this!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:01 am

the largest city near david's usa home is boston.... we could think of doing it there?
I think that is an amazing IDEA! We could perhaps do it at some hotel in a conference space. I can also check into one of the galleries there which hosted a group show including my work before.
GREAT IDEA!!!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Yay! People like my idea!

Postby Darkest Dreamer on Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:35 pm

I am so glad you guys like the idea. It would take a lot of time and energy and organizing to get it together though. Someone would have to take charge and be the project manager (Ive been watching too much of The Apprentice). Perhaps the lovely Kera a.k.a Silver Moon, could take the lead?

Think about it, we could invite all of David's pals like Ru. Sakamoto! We might be able to meet one of them or maybe even,...gulp...David himself! The thought of it is a bit overwhelming I know but oh, the possibilities!!!!! Not only that, but most importantly we would be doing a good thing by giving to a charity! An amazing charity that would save lives and limbs!

You could have people from the site fedex a work of art to you if they couldn't make it in person. Then you could videotape the whole thing and play it for everyone on this site later. Maybe David, or his friend or agent could come and you could present him with the money for the charity. If David couldn't come he might even videotape a message to you to say hi, and I am sure, a thanks for doing this. Kera.... David might actually acknowledge us here in this group!!!! Atleast I will feel a lot less guilty about discussing David's private life all the time.

Hee hee hee!!!!
"I don't want to be alone with all my darkest dreaming..."
Darkest Dreamer
Regular
Regular

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:43 pm

i think zero landmine is actually one of ryuichi's charities. Check the links page at samadhi sound to discover the charities which david supports.
Also, if your going to do an art exhibit you need someone leading it who is knowledgeable in dealing with galleries and artists. Doing a show takes a tremendous amount of planning.... it also takes a lot of effort to curate something of this magnitude. Having curated shows before this will take at least a year of planning.... at least.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:32 pm

Yeah, I don't know the first thing about arranging something like this!! And the thought of actually meeting David Sylvian is a bit overwhelming!! Besides, I think my hair would offend him!! :-)

Anyway, If you really wanted me to organize such a thing, I guess I could research it and ask for some help. I have some relatives that run festivals and I'm sure they could give me some pointers... But I'm sure that this would take a lot of money and I'm flat broke!! Plus I don't have very much work to offer. Just some sketches and mediocre photographs... But I'm sure you all have gems!!

I'll have to think about this more- This would take months of preparation!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:54 pm

It would be hard to pull off, but sounds likes loads of fun!
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:41 am

I was thinking about this idea a little more and that it would be WAY easier to pull this off if Nine Horses were to do a tour. That way, we would have a better chance of getting all of us at the same place... Including the man himself...

If not there is always the possibilty of an online auction!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby lastgoldstar on Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:13 pm

Silver Moon wrote:Including the man himself...

You mean the God Man? :wink: </end bad joke>

Good idea, though. *does a Nine Horses tour rain dance*
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:20 pm

lastgoldstar wrote:
Silver Moon wrote:Including the man himself...

You mean the God Man? :wink: </end bad joke>

Good idea, though. *does a Nine Horses tour rain dance*

I'll start the prayer tree now........................ :roll:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:43 pm

Ok, who's bringing the goat we're gonna sacrifice at midnight tonight?? THEY'RE LATE!!

Oh Nine Horses... PLEASE TOOOOUR!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Chet on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:39 am

I know this is an old topic
but I just still think it's a great idea.
did it ever happen?
shall we try to bring the big thoughts back again?
And my heart sings of many things
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:47 am

I thought it was a great idea too. And I do think perhaps doing an online auction may in the end be easier. There does need to be someone in charge of this though.... you can't just have random willy nillyness going on where a charity is concerned and where things need to be stored and shipped from. I do think we ought to really give this some serious concideration again....
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to General Discussion