Post Interviews Here

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon May 29, 2006 10:51 pm

hee hee... *I'll never tell* ;-) :wink:
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Tue May 30, 2006 5:15 am

Call me silly, but I REALLY believe it when I read that they were shy and didnt partake in the groupie thing.

It just doesnt go somehow.

Great interview. I love, in particular...
'Aged 14, David, Mick and Steve dyed their hair and turned up to school in make-up. Their classmates promptly beat the sh*t out of them.'
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue May 30, 2006 8:28 am

kinki wrote:Call me silly, but I REALLY believe it when I read that they were shy and didnt partake in the groupie thing.

It just doesnt go somehow.

Great interview. I love, in particular...
'Aged 14, David, Mick and Steve dyed their hair and turned up to school in make-up. Their classmates promptly beat the sh*t out of them.'

I know, the poor guys.......................... :cry:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Tue May 30, 2006 8:33 am

A rite of passage, endured by all of us who've turned up to school wearing out of the ordinary stuff...
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue May 30, 2006 8:36 am

kinki wrote:A rite of passage, endured by all of us who've turned up to school wearing out of the ordinary stuff...

Very true.......................and makes you stronger for it. Not quite the result the bullies have in mind, eh?
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Tue May 30, 2006 8:39 am

You were bullied too then I take it? :cry:
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue May 30, 2006 10:53 am

hhmm i never think bullying is the way to make a person a stronger person.... In fact I think bullying is a pathetic power play on the part of others. I was bullied relentlessly and I have to say I don't think it helped me be a better person in any way shape or form.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue May 30, 2006 1:03 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:hhmm i never think bullying is the way to make a person a stronger person.... In fact I think bullying is a pathetic power play on the part of others. I was bullied relentlessly and I have to say I don't think it helped me be a better person in any way shape or form.

Not in my case-----although I suffered from being made to feel inferior for a myriad of things---from my body to my musical tastes---I realized in time just how stupid those people are/were. I used to get picked on about a slight speech impediment I had very young, hurt my feelings terribly, but you wanna know WHO was doing the picking? The people I told you about that lived in the fishing villages and nobody could understand when THEY talked--you tellme if THAT makes sense? Only when I was older and wiser did I realize the irony of that!!!!!! Also turns out another gal that used to ridicule my 80's "anything goes" fashions all through high school, well she NEVER fails to yell over or talk to me whenever she sees me nowadays, and she is really very nice to talk to now. She just needed to grow the hell up, that's all.

It has AlWAYS been something---either they made fun of me because I 'developed" before everyone else, or I played the violin, or I didn't have the right clothes, or I had a mentally handicapped brother, or I liked Duran Duran, it didn't matter what it was. Yeah, I was upset then, but I look back now and I am glad I was who I was---believe me, I see some of these so called Human beings everyday (its a small town) and I KNOW I am!!!!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue May 30, 2006 3:58 pm

Trust me when I say being bullied and teased happened to me...still does... I don't care now, but back when i was young it was a more confused situation. If shooting school kids was happening in the 80s i'm pretty sure i would have thought about it ...if not done it.
We all go through experiences and our soul's are all not created the same... so one person's good outcome is another person's personal hell. That is all I was trying to say.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Tue May 30, 2006 5:33 pm

krausy wrote:although I suffered from being made to feel inferior for a myriad of things---from my body to my musical tastes---I realized in time just how stupid those people are/were.

Yes. That happened to me also when I was in school. Those made my life a complete hell when I was about 13/14 year old, and just because I liked music they didn't know , I wore different clothes ,etc... It was just horrible.
But I think it's just an inferiority complex. I mean, people reacts with violence just to the things they can't understand or they don't know. It's a very primary reaction, actually.

I guess I learned how to take some positive view about it, but that daily psychological torture didn't help me at all.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Tue May 30, 2006 9:56 pm

Yeah, in middle school, I was bullied so badly that it completely tortured me. I was always lot smaller than everyone else so I suppose the bullies picked me because they could easily dominate over me. And I made good grades, a "nerd" or whatever they thought. Mostly bad things came of it. For the rest of middle school, I pretended like I wasn't as bookish so I could make more friends. That was a mistake, of course. And I've been paranoid ever sense. But one good thing is that I learned how to deflect verbal abuse, which is why I'm so utterly sarcastic now. :wink:

I think some people are just obssessed with being superior to a point that it becomes unneccessarily violent and damaging. I know that bullying damaged me, so to speak.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue May 30, 2006 11:16 pm

Well, you never forget it, but you hope to move on from it if at all possible. I use my hurt and damage as a learning tool, that is all.

And by the way, that last article is awesome---printed it out and plan to read it again!!!!(and again and again... :lol: )
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Wed May 31, 2006 12:12 am

I was never really bullied that bad, but there have been a few times people have been pretty mean to me, but I was just mean right back and they left me alone after that- Hey, even today some guy at the grocery store laughed at my new 80's hair- and I don't care one little bit! :-) It's my hair and I don't care if the whole world hates it...

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed May 31, 2006 6:05 am

ok i need to read that last interview. I think I almost bought that mag on ebay.... darn it
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Wed May 31, 2006 8:11 am

Silver Moon wrote:I was never really bullied that bad, but there have been a few times people have been pretty mean to me, but I was just mean right back and they left me alone after that- Hey, even today some guy at the grocery store laughed at my new 80's hair- and I don't care one little bit! :-) It's my hair and I don't care if the whole world hates it...

-Kera-

That's the spirit, kera. I just ignore crap like that---P's them off even more!!! :lol:
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion