Nice words from Sylvian's ex

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Nice words from Sylvian's ex

Postby Burnsjed on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:53 am

"David Sylvian: Thank you for your encouragement and support from the beginning of the project to the end. No one knows me better than you. It was you who made sure all of the mixes were right when I needed a second set of ears. You are forever in my heart."
http://ingridchavez.com/flutternotes.html
And there you stand, Making my life possible
Raise my hands up to heaven, But only you could know
Burnsjed
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Nice words from Sylvian's ex

Postby BobbyVey on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:05 am

Oh dear. She's such a sweetie :smt055 :smt057 :smt056 :smt058 :smt060
She's few years older than me but I'm gonna ask her if she'd marry me.
Don't care if she's single or not.... 8)
BobbyVey
Regular
Regular

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:54 am

I have to say that her story about printing on recycled paper and thus skipping acknowledgements just doesn't ring true. Especially when she goes on to say that the decision to do so online only will be corrected with a later printing (she should be so lucky!)

I think Miss Chavez made a calculated decision, which she now regrets.
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:30 am

Calculated in what respect? I don't suppose she had to make any reference to Sylvian in the credits but the fact that he chose the running order of the songs suggest that they still respect each other, personally and professionally.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:03 am

Haldeman Gracie wrote:I have to say that her story about printing on recycled paper and thus skipping acknowledgements just doesn't ring true. Especially when she goes on to say that the decision to do so online only will be corrected with a later printing (she should be so lucky!)

Rather boorish of you Haldeman to wave her away like this. Man up and respect the lady. :evil:
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:31 pm

missouriman wrote:
Haldeman Gracie wrote:I have to say that her story about printing on recycled paper and thus skipping acknowledgements just doesn't ring true. Especially when she goes on to say that the decision to do so online only will be corrected with a later printing (she should be so lucky!)

Rather boorish of you Haldeman to wave her away like this. Man up and respect the lady. :evil:

interesting argument on botn sides....
neonico

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:05 pm

missouriman wrote:

It's respect she hasn't yet earned.

And with such contradictions in her statements, she isn't going in the right direction either.
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby ScottR on Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:02 pm

I have to say, I enjoy her new lp much more than Davids latest. It has a real nice vibe about it. She seems to be in a much better place. I wonder why they couldnt work together in the studio? Its ashame really...
ScottR
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Astronaut on Sun May 09, 2010 2:46 pm

ScottR wrote:I have to say, I enjoy her new lp much more than Davids latest. It has a real nice vibe about it. She seems to be in a much better place. I wonder why they couldnt work together in the studio? Its ashame really...

Well yes and no. I have to say that she sounds much better alone. I've said this many times in various threads on this forum that I do not like her breathy, whispery delivery on many of Davids songs. It just doesnt sound right to me (exception Heartbeat which works well IMHO). Her first solo album I listened to once and that was that. Didn't like it one bit. But have to agree with ScottR her new album does have a "nice vibe about it".
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Sun May 09, 2010 3:23 pm

Astronaut wrote:
ScottR wrote:I have to say, I enjoy her new lp much more than Davids latest. It has a real nice vibe about it. She seems to be in a much better place. I wonder why they couldnt work together in the studio? Its ashame really...

Well yes and no. I have to say that she sounds much better alone. I've said this many times in various threads on this forum that I do not like her breathy, whispery delivery on many of Davids songs. It just doesnt sound right to me (exception Heartbeat which works well IMHO). Her first solo album I listened to once and that was that. Didn't like it one bit. But have to agree with ScottR her new album does have a "nice vibe about it".

Though I agree about the music i find her more open and uptodate with her approach to promoting her musik with her twitter page and facebook page and various other pages they make a lovely read i think shes a great poet though and she had to be an amazing song writer with madonna and all that.... :-D

just imagine your called Ingrid Chavez you write a song for madonna you sue her get millions then you get to marry the most beautiful man in the world (sorry david i know you hate this quote) and you age amazingly and look fantastic at the age of 45...

id give my right finger to be her ....god damm it.. :( :(
neonico

Postby Astronaut on Sun May 09, 2010 3:37 pm

neonico wrote:i think shes a great poet though and she had to be an amazing song writer with madona and all that.... :-D i wish id wrote it id haven been rich now...damm it

I think we all wish for that Neonico!

A great poet? No, she is most definitely not a great poet. Interesting maybe. As for the Madonna lyrics, there were only a couple of phrases from Ingrids original work (a collaboration with Lenny Kravitz) which were used in the "Justify ..." song, which Lenny then 'gave' to Madonna - nice man - NOT. Steal from one girlfriend to give to your latest squeeze!!! Hmmmm, but Ingrid got millions of dollars in compensation/back royalties for that - clever girl.

Yeah David married her shortly after she won the settlement ... :wink: And she has aged rather well - makes me sick! :lol:
Last edited by Astronaut on Sun May 09, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Sun May 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Astronaut wrote:
neonico wrote:i think shes a great poet though and she had to be an amazing song writer with madona and all that.... :-D i wish id wrote it id haven been rich now...damm it

I think we all wish for that Neonico!

A great poet? No, she is most definitely not a great poet. Interesting maybe. As for the Madonna lyrics, there were only a couple of phrases from Ingrids original work (a collaboration with Lenny Kravitz) which were used in the "Justify ..." song, which Lenny then 'gave' to Madonna - nice man - NOT. Steal from one girlfriend to give to your latest squeeze!!! Hmmmm, but Ingrid got millions of dollars in compensation/back royalties for that - clever girl.

oh i didnt know that i thought she wrote the whole song oops--- :oops: :oops:

and girl friend from lenny kravitz :shock: :shock: :shock: didnt know that one as well..more :shock: :shock:

but still she got the money and david boo hoo :( :(

and i have to fight like the most of us for money alone with a handicapped son with the age of five :(

oh well sniff

sorry i change my posts if im not quick enough there is always the time out thing.... :-D :-D
neonico

Postby missouriman on Sun May 09, 2010 8:45 pm

Where do you get the millions of dollars figure from Neonico? I think that is maybe a little excessive.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Mon May 10, 2010 7:35 am

missouriman wrote:Where do you get the millions of dollars figure from Neonico? I think that is maybe a little excessive.

4. Madonna Stole "Justify my Love"

In my opinion, one of her worst, most disgraceful and brazen rip offs was the work she outright stole from Prince protégé, Ingrid Chavez. She stole Chavez’s style and lyrics for her song, “Justify My Love” which is featured on her “Erotica” album.

Chavez said, "Madonna only changed one line of the entire song” and stole writers credit for the song, even though Chavez was the one who wrote it (this has been said of her by other credible writers as well involving other songs. The song did match Chavez's trademark style, which at the time was once again unlike anything Madonna had done. Much like my style of music is unlike anything Madonna has done. An article excerpt:

"Meanwhile, Chavez sued Lenny Kravitz for not giving her credit for co-writing Madonna's Justify My Love. Chavez's style consists of breathy spoken passages over heavy dance beats and this can be clearly heard in the Madonna track. Chavez is quoted as having said that Kravitz didn't write any of the lyrics and only came up with the phrase justify my love. She is also reported to have said that Madonna only changed one line of the entire song. She was finally given credit for the lyrics plus a rumored couple of million dollars in an out-of-court settlement ."
neonico

Postby missouriman on Mon May 10, 2010 8:46 am

"RUMOURED." Who know for sure?
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to General Discussion