Thats it

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Thats it

Postby neonico on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:02 pm

I find it difficult to belive thats it on the David Sylvian front no more news and thats it with the dvd

while ingrid is promoting like mad...

What do you guys think ?
neonico

Re: Thats it

Postby Hawk on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:20 pm

Hmm, piecing together scraps I know about David's personality, I don't find it hard to believe. Although a part of me feels vacant somewhat, I'm not disappointed. I would be surprised if he had done a lot more promotion to be honest. He's made the album, the DVD, and he's probably leaving the reflections up to us. I think there are some surprises yet to come... but Mr Sylvian seems to know too well the value of the waiting room...
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby baht habit on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:05 pm

neonico wrote:I find it difficult to belive thats it on the David Sylvian front no more news and thats it with the dvd
What do you guys think ?

I'm not quite sure what you would expect, neonico. As far as promotion, at the appropriate window of opportunity upon release of Manafon, Sylvian did a fair amount of print and audio interviews with the most suitable outlets. It isn't as if the disc was a commercial endeavor which would contain songs that could receive numerous airplay on radio, so to basically alert a certain audience to the existence of this latest work was the simple goal. And since the contents of Manafon would not be conducive to the prospect of a tour, then to just continue on with interviews to promote the product would seem monotonous.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:45 am

baht habit wrote:
neonico wrote:I find it difficult to belive thats it on the David Sylvian front no more news and thats it with the dvd
What do you guys think ?

I'm not quite sure what you would expect, neonico. As far as promotion, at the appropriate window of opportunity upon release of Manafon, Sylvian did a fair amount of print and audio interviews with the most suitable outlets. It isn't as if the disc was a commercial endeavor which would contain songs that could receive numerous airplay on radio, so to basically alert a certain audience to the existence of this latest work was the simple goal. And since the contents of Manafon would not be conducive to the prospect of a tour, then to just continue on with interviews to promote the product would seem monotonous.

It wasnt meant like that i just find it a shame that on the david front is all queit...
neonico

Postby pinenut on Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:52 pm

so the question remains, what more do you expect ?

He is not Robbie Williams, so don't expect the same levels of media PR

for a low key release Sylvian has done more than I would expect for an artist of his stature
pinenut
Regular
Regular

Postby digimarsh on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Yea, i agree ,the amount of pr work he did for Manafon was far in excess of what i expected.He is probably busy now in the studio,(wishfull thinking) working on something
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tim91 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:47 pm

digimarsh wrote:He is probably busy now in the studio,(wishfull thinking) working on something

I really hope so
Tim91
Obsessed
Obsessed

Return to General Discussion