black crest tie

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

black crest tie

Postby neonico on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:47 am

Does anyone know who the designer is of this tie?
gallery/image_page.php?album_id=16&image_id=3148
neonico

Re: black crest tie

Postby Astronaut on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:33 pm

I'm not sure who designed this but the imagery (as far as I can tell) is of a heart pierced by a sword and crowned with a wreath of roses? Is that right? If so, then this is Catholic iconography and represents the Immaculate Heart of Mary. The peirced heart denotes the sufferings she endured being the mother of Christ.

Man is what is in his heart. 'Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.' (Matt. 6:21 and also Luke 6:45).

But if it isn't a heart it may be a shield? With a blue banner across it with white stars/flowers?
Last edited by Astronaut on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tim91 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:39 pm

Astronaut wrote:I'm not sure who designed this but the imagery (as far as I can tell) is of a heart pierced by a sword and crowned with a wreath of roses? Is that right? If so, then this is Catholic iconography and represents the Immaculate Heart of Mary. The peirced heart denotes the sufferings she endured being the mother of Christ.

Man is what is in his heart. 'Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.' (Matt. 6:21 and also Luke 6:45).

There is one of those on a stain glass window at my church
Tim91
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby pradakid900 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:11 pm

Nice to see I'm in good company wearing my tie without buttoning the top button.
pradakid900
Regular
Regular

Postby Astronaut on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:43 am

pradakid900 wrote:Nice to see I'm in good company wearing my tie without buttoning the top button.

Hey Pradakid since you're known around here for your fashion sensibilities - any ideas who might have designed the crest tie?????? :D
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby pradakid900 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:57 pm

When I look up close the emblem kind of looks like a little man in a jesters suit with a pointed hat. I have not seen this around and know not who created it.
pradakid900
Regular
Regular

Postby Astronaut on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:56 am

pradakid900 wrote:When I look up close the emblem kind of looks like a little man in a jesters suit with a pointed hat. I have not seen this around and know not who created it.

:lol: We seem to have 3 different suggestions as to what the design actually is!

Is it:
a/ a heart with a garland and a sword?
b/ a shield or crest?
c/ a jester in a pointy hat?

any other ideas? Anyone?
:smt102 :smt100
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Hawk on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:09 pm

Hawk has to admit now he has the idea in his head all he can see is the man with the pointy hat!! :evil: But at first he saw a shield...
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby inkinthewell on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Like Hawk, I had seen a shield, but now... not only do I see a young man with a pointy hat (not a jester, mind you, maybe some sorcerer's apprentice?), but he's trudging on his way with a doubtful expression on his face, and a big grey mouse with big round ears is holding on to his left shoulder.

Wiz.jpg
Wiz.jpg (15.57 KiB) Viewed 11631 times
Last edited by inkinthewell on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:13 am

inkinthewell wrote:Like Hawk, I had seen a shield, but now... not only do I see a young man with a pointy hat (not a jester, mind you, maybe some sorcerer's apprentice?), but he's trudging on his way with a doubtfal expression on his face, and a big grey mouse with big round ears is holding on to his left shoulder.

Wiz.jpg

Thank you Inky for the forensic examination! :smt006 Now I can't decide what it is. Maybe it's a magic morphing tie! It appears to be whatever you want it to be! Oooohh - spooky!!! Shape-Shifting-Sylvian - whatever next?
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Whatever else we see in it, I think your first guess is the closest: a sword, a heart/shield, a wreath/banner.

...plus a mouse.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:10 pm

inkinthewell wrote:Whatever else we see in it, I think your first guess is the closest: a sword, a heart/shield, a wreath/banner.

...plus a mouse.

im not sure my self amymore just happy with the differebt varations... :-D :-D :-D
neonico

Postby neonico on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:16 pm

inkinthewell wrote:Like Hawk, I had seen a shield, but now... not only do I see a young man with a pointy hat (not a jester, mind you, maybe some sorcerer's apprentice?), but he's trudging on his way with a doubtful expression on his face, and a big grey mouse with big round ears is holding on to his left shoulder.

Wiz.jpg

i think this is the right answer it is not a heart oh well i have to search futher still havent found it.... :( :(
neonico

Postby missouriman on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:35 pm

What are you trying to do Neonico? You can't be him because you are missing the essential items. BUT, if you do find that tie then dress up like him and let's have a lookie loo ok?
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:38 am

missouriman wrote:What are you trying to do Neonico? You can't be him because you are missing the essential items. BUT, if you do find that tie then dress up like him and let's have a lookie loo ok?

I tried one day to dress a bit like him went out and my neighbour said oh you look relly schick which suprised me so i wore

something simlar again and the compliments just kept coming......

The man has just a great taste in clothing and i just love that tie and who says that girls always have to wear mini skirts

in the animal world theres no one saying wear your fur on the right side that we know your a girl.... :-D
neonico

Next

Return to General Discussion