gushy fangirlness here

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby krausy on Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:49 pm

I've been extremely lucky this past couple years that I have found people here in town that know some of the music I listen to. Two gals at work share my love of Duran Duran, and the one gal that works in my office with me actually likes David's looks and voice!!! The other gal was a big Frankie Goes To Hollywood fan back in the day, which I found very cool as I did go through a phase of loving them as well.

But before that----forget it!!!! Most people I was in contact with I just couldn't talk music with. Of course now I also have the internet, and this place as well as other band sites that are loaded with all types of fans!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:39 am

I feel so lucky to have this wonderful forum... and to be in acquaintance with such open minded musical people here! You all rock!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:04 am

lastgoldstar wrote:Though I'd really like to convert my best friend. She mentioned that all I listen to is "really bad '80s music", ouch (though she's a closet Duran Duran fan).

I would feel bad if my best friend told something like that about my music...
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:35 pm

Poisoned_Apathy wrote:
lastgoldstar wrote:Though I'd really like to convert my best friend. She mentioned that all I listen to is "really bad '80s music", ouch (though she's a closet Duran Duran fan).

I would feel bad if my best friend told something like that about my music...

Oh, I did. I thought that was nice of her. :roll:

Though I love having this forum to talk to other people with good taste! :wink:
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:33 am

i have been told i listen to really bad 80s music too.... i don't care what other people like and i don't care what they think of my music. I love it, other people love it... and its awesome!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:24 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:i have been told i listen to really bad 80s music too.... i don't care what other people like and i don't care what they think of my music. I love it, other people love it... and its awesome!

I agree Gods---who the f***k cares---it is what you like and that is just the way it is, so they can kiss it!!!!!! I for one am glad I didn't pay any attention to the people that told me Split Enz were weird, or Duran Duran sucked, because I am not those people, and in the end I was right after all!!!!

Yeah, let me choose---watch Nascar all day or listen to party shuffle on itunes----hmmmmm, what a hard decison---NOT!!!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:14 am

ha ha... good one krausy!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:21 pm

krausy wrote:Yeah, let me choose---watch Nascar all day or listen to party shuffle on itunes----hmmmmm, what a hard decison---NOT!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:
I think I know which one you'd choose...and i think which one we'd all choose too!!! :P
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:10 am

What's Nascar?
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:50 pm

its car racing.... they go round and round in a circle.... can't recall what type of cars they use though... not dragsters.
Basically its the hot stinky and more dangerous version of watching a tennis match..... instead of back and forth it's round and round. About as interesting as watching grass grow
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:06 pm

LMAO! Nascar is one of the few things that can cram the whole state of Alabama into a stadium. I had to work at races a few years ago. Not Nascar, but something big like that. At this giant racetrack in the middle of the boonies... Used to get really tornadic weather when I worked there...

Anyway... It's pretty boring but the video games are cool. Plus it would be madd fun to ride in one of those things... Which reminds me of a Mitch Hedberg quote...

"If could ride with one of those Nascar guys I would be a very annoying passenger. I'd be like 'Can I turn on the radio? Hey, mind if I put my feet out the window? Boy, you sure like Tide..."

Hehe...

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby krausy on Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:02 am

roflmao-----I love the "you sure like Tide" lol.

Too true Kera, too true.

Kinki, the Nascar thing is not all it is cracked up to be, but of course we here at this site would all feel that way I'm pretty sure!!!

For the most part, the drivers are sponsored by one main company, and also receive support/endorsements from many other companies, like auto parts manufacturers, oil companies, paint companies, basically anything that might be used to make or upkeep the vehicle. For example, my company, UPS, sponsors Dale Jarrett. He has several versions of his car and a whole roomful of engines (in case he wrecks and/or blows up an engine, he has replacements) Of course, they all are worth hundreds of THOUSANDS of dollars---hence where the sponsorship comes in handy. Of course, the fan base is huge, people make it their life, and some even have season tickets to all the major NASCAR races, and have travel trailers (yes, "mobile homes" lol) to travel to all the races and camp out at the raceway. For some, it is a way of life, and tremendously huge spectator sport in the southern US. Years ago the sport did not get much respect or recognition, but nowadays, so much money is going into it from all over, that the sport and the drivers themselves gain celebrity status and in turn get endorsements just for being who they are!!! Very similar to what Beckham enjoys over there where you are.

As for the type of cars they race, mainly right now they are american made bodies, such as the Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Ford Taurus, but now they are incorporating the foreign cars into the sport, in fact Jarrett will be using Toyota in 2007.

and by now you are thinking, "Dang, for being such a non-fan, she sure knows alot about it". But hey, you have to remember I am surrounded by NASCAR fans wherever I go around here in Redneckville, North Cacalacky!!!!!!lol
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:38 am

Yawn!!...Sounds phenomenally dull.
:roll:

Anyway I'd definitely go for the party shuffle on i-tunes option now I know what Nascar is......
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:36 am

ha ha...kink.... thought you might ;-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tanya80 on Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:22 pm

Cool!!!, gonna check out the link, Thanks for the link Sheisnot :)
Tanya80
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to General Discussion