gushy fangirlness here

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

gushy fangirlness here

Postby sheisnot on Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:50 pm

Guys, there is a video on YouTube that has the cutest thing ever on it! Normally I am not a gushy fangirl type--I am very serious about the music--but this was so unbelievably cute I just have to share it with you all.

Go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCYVWQq7VYA and watch this video of Robert Fripp and David Sylvian. At about 2:40 David makes THE CUTEST FACE EVER. I love it when grown men make little boy faces. I've posted a screencap in the screencaps section.
It is all entirely perfect--it is as it should be.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Silver Moon on Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:52 pm

Sheisnot... THAT IS FREAKING ADORABLE!!! I had to watch it three times, and I "Awwe!!" -ed every time! Thank you for sharing this- That was just wonderful all around!

-K-

PS: We are all very serious about the music too! Of course that comes first! But hey... Who could help but gush like a fangirl over Mr Sylvian?! It's all good!
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby heartofdavid on Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:08 pm

The screen cap is lovely. Looks like this is from the interview at the end of the Graceland Tour dvd (from the Japanese television special).

This made me recall something else. Rollingstone.com had a video interview of David in their archives, not sure if it's still there. It was around the time of the release of "Everything and Nothing", the interview was interspersed with clips from various videos, like "Blackwater", "Heartbeat" and some of the Godman EPK. Don't know if anyone has mentioned that before.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:56 am

aw that was very cute. I sort of find almost every expression he makes with his face is too adorable. The way he sort of sucked in his lower lip abit while thinking of something then have a very precise way of speaking. I find it all so very ...... indescribable.

heart... i stopped the video toward the end to catch the part of where it came from. It is the interview at the end of the japanese dvd of the fripp/sylvian tour.
I have tried finding david stuff on the rolling stone site.... not much there. One photo is all i could find.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:28 pm

Oh my, that is too precious!

godisinthesilences wrote:I sort of find almost every expression he makes with his face is too adorable.

:-D
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:10 am

Oh yeah------cutie pie all the way :-D

Thanks for sharing that
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:42 am

lastgoldstar wrote::-D

HA HA more like :smt056 :smt058 :smt057 :twisted: :twisted:

if there was a emoticon for licking i'd have put that up too :-) :twisted: :twisted: HA HA
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:59 am

Thanks for the link sheisnot. It's really cute! :-D
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:59 am

it is funny that none of the guys have commented on our crazy girl fan-ness... hee hee... i think we scare them!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sheisnot on Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:19 pm

I really do want to talk about the music, too, but I also find it refreshing to be able to talk about the fact that yes, I think David Sylvian is hot, especially now that he's older. (I don't get to do that with my friends.)
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:09 am

no one else i know, except you all on here, even come close to admiring david like i do. As I've said before my best friend thinks his music is creepy. My other friend is way too involved in talking about herself all the time.... Most of my other friends think i'm crazy so I don't talk about my fan worship.
Oh well... Thanks all for being here :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:16 am

No problem! Just last night, before I fell asleep, I looked up at my David Sylvian poster, smiling, just admiring him (I know... it sounds cheezy) I think I should start a religion called "Sylvianism" in the Church of Lost and Found... ;-)

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby sheisnot on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:18 am

My best friend is not really into music all that much :shock: so I don't even try with him. I have one other friend who really loves Sylvian's music like I do, but he's a straight man, so I can't really talk about my attraction to DS with him.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:05 pm

In my case, I can talk about Sylvian and Japan with some of my friends as long as we all are really into music. But they aren't such fans as me , so I can't talk like an obssessor with them... :wink:
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:55 pm

Silver Moon wrote:I think I should start a religion called "Sylvianism" in the Church of Lost and Found... ;-)-

Where do I sign up? :lol:

Most of my friends don't know what I listen to and don't care. Though I gave one friend a ride and had Adolescent Sex in the car and she said she liked it and thought it was really fun. And one friend I bombard with Sylvian and Japan all the time randomly asked me if I knew who Ryuichi Sakamoto was ("ARE YOU KIDDING?") and that was quite exciting.

And I posted a few pictures of David in one of my journals and a friend, who doesn't really know who he is, told me that he was hot. 8)

Though I'd really like to convert my best friend. She mentioned that all I listen to is "really bad '80s music", ouch (though she's a closet Duran Duran fan).
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to General Discussion