New Set of Photos by David (#18)

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

New Set of Photos by David (#18)

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:45 pm

Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: New Set of Photos by David (#18)

Postby Astronaut on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:58 pm

'Self Maintenance' & 'Therapy'? D'ya think our Dave is fretting over his looks??? I wonder if he goes to get his eyebrows threaded or his beard waxed??? And 'Playthings' - sex on the brain again obviously ... :P

Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:23 pm

'Fall' and 'Division' are beautiful, but 'Fall' is the kind of pic that will easily get shrieks of excitement. But what's that in 'Playthings'? The lair of a horny rat?
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:01 pm

inkinthewell wrote:'Fall' and 'Division' are beautiful, but 'Fall' is the kind of pic that will easily get shrieks of excitement. But what's that in 'Playthings'? The lair of a horny rat?

Well, if it IS a rats lair (horny or otherwise) then it's a very, very, scary, huge, enormous rat! :shock: Wouldn't like to meet that on a dark night!!!! :smt009

Agreed about "Fall" I'll admit I did kinda go "Wow!" when I saw it - how obvious am I????? :lol:
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:33 pm

Astronaut wrote:Well, if it IS a rats lair (horny or otherwise) then it's a very, very, scary, huge, enormous rat! :shock: Wouldn't like to meet that on a dark night!!!! :smt009

I wouldn't be too keen to meet him on a sunny day. :smt087

I forgot to mention 'Where Forests End'. Can't explain why, but I feel that is the exact spot where 'Blemish' meets 'Manafon'. :smt100

P.S. How can someone who loves MK be obvious? :D
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:59 pm

inkinthewell wrote:I forgot to mention 'Where Forests End'. Can't explain why, but I feel that is the exact spot where 'Blemish' meets 'Manafon'. :smt100

P.S. How can someone who loves MK be obvious? :D

Well now, that is actually a shot of David's back yard. Yup - that bunker-like construction is actually his bedrooom. His secret lair where the dark arts necessary to create the mythological works known as 'Blemish' and 'Manafon' manifested themselves. Notice, if you will, the exquisite concrete rendering over the fenestration (or rather the lack thereof ...)

And I guess your right MK fans aren't so obvious - but there's always an exception to every rule. :smt039 x
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby E.T. on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:55 pm

most of pictures were taken around Tokyo, I guess.
A number plate of the yellow motorcycle says "Fukushima", northern prefecture of Tokyo.
in "Sung", the car from "Shinagawa", in Tokyo.
I guess the red tower is Tokyo Tower. So the title is "Firtieth". Built in 1958. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Tower
mm, those pictures were taken from the same place.
another tower is Tokyo Sky Tree?
I like "playthings" picture, hehe.
"where forests end" says "no parking in this park"
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:18 pm

E.T. wrote:"where forests end" says "no parking in this park"

So we can't park in the park? :lol:
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:25 pm

No parking, that's absolutely right. Not next to his bedroom! :lol:

Thanks for your explanations, ET, and I have a question for you: could 'Construction' have been taken from the monorail?
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:26 pm

Astronaut wrote:So we can't park in the park? :lol:

:smt045 :smt043
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:50 pm

inkinthewell wrote:

No parking, that's absolutely right. Not next to his bedroom! :lol:

Awww! Inky - and I thought you were a fun kinda person!!! :lol:
I mean with the severe lack of windows it's not like I could be a Peeping Tom or anything ... :twisted:
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby E.T. on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:59 pm

inkinthewell wrote:Thanks for your explanations, ET, and I have a question for you: could 'Construction' have been taken from the monorail?

I know little about monolail. :( I thought 'Construction' was taken in Nevada or somewhere not Japan.
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:34 pm

E.T. wrote:
inkinthewell wrote:Thanks for your explanations, E.T., and I have a question for you: could 'Construction' have been taken from the monorail?

I know little about monolail. :( I thought 'Construction' was taken in Nevada or somewhere not Japan.

Thanks anyway :D. Anybody know if there's a monorail in Nevada? :lol:
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Hawk on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:11 pm

I love David's photos. Takes me on many journeys. It's like he's just invisible and goes wandering round places unseen. It's weird, I can't imagine him actually taking the photograph - I sort of want to believe he has cameras in his eyes or something! Makes me want to buy a camera phone...because I see little things all the time I would like to keep a record of...I am such a technophobe my current camera is huge and over 10 years old so I kind of have to plan to take it out...but looking at what someone like David can do with instant photography makes me really quite eager to upgrade...

On his latest batch, I like 'Community' very much...so many things to look at, so many levels...makes me feel giddy. 'Mecca' really makes me feel cold and outside. 'Off Peak' feels like being enclosed in a capsule and waiting for the world to end and to be shipped off to another planet and I wonder why me? 'Night bus' is a more familiar setting. 'Playthings' is just bizarre.

inkinthewell wrote:I forgot to mention 'Where Forests End'. Can't explain why, but I feel that is the exact spot where 'Blemish' meets 'Manafon'

Oh! I see it!

Wonder what that 'yellow light' is... There are windows opposite the supermarket high in a grey brick building that always have red lights blinking like they are recording something and every day it makes me wonder... I wish I could go into that building.
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby neonico on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Hawk wrote:I love David's photos. Takes me on many journeys. It's like he's just invisible and goes wandering round places unseen. It's weird, I can't imagine him actually taking the photograph - I sort of want to believe he has cameras in his eyes or something! Makes me want to buy a camera phone...because I see little things all the time I would like to keep a record of...I am such a technophobe my current camera is huge and over 10 years old so I kind of have to plan to take it out...but looking at what someone like David can do with instant photography makes me really quite eager to upgrade...

On his latest batch, I like 'Community' very much...so many things to look at, so many levels...makes me feel giddy. 'Mecca' really makes me feel cold and outside. 'Off Peak' feels like being enclosed in a capsule and waiting for the world to end and to be shipped off to another planet and I wonder why me? 'Night bus' is a more familiar setting. 'Playthings' is just bizarre.

inkinthewell wrote:I forgot to mention 'Where Forests End'. Can't explain why, but I feel that is the exact spot where 'Blemish' meets 'Manafon'

Oh! I see it!

Wonder what that 'yellow light' is... There are windows opposite the supermarket high in a grey brick building that always have red lights blinking like they are recording something and every day it makes me wonder... I wish I could go into that building.

i bought a camera powershot g3 the camera is amazing you can turn the display how you want ..that means you can take fotos of yourself and the sky if you want.... you can also buy loads of lenses for the camera its like a normal old fashioned camera but digital---no onder david like this camera and it takes amazing pics with amazing quality i will upload one that i took,

i also like the davids camera biography so personal but inspiring.....

also i love your post hawk they are always intellectual i wish i could write like you
neonico

Next

Return to General Discussion