Band of Gold

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Re: Band of Gold

Postby Hawk on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:51 pm

I think Ingrid is a very beautiful looking person. Of course that isn't all that matters in a relationship...but it's all we as distant strangers can really judge. She looks like both a hard-worker and a free spirit, whch are admirable qualities to have in unison.

As a similarly 'reclusive' type (all the time I am not at work I spend alone) I find it rarer and rarer to connect with people. But when I do it feels so warm and intense that I have to be careful not to become consumed by it. Of course those people drift away - it's got to a point now where I feel I am meant to be alone, and I know could never hold up any relationship other than to myself - but I still hold on to the memory of that connection. I would love David to still remember how he felt when he was with Ingrid, even if he has no desire to return to that state... I find those kind of symbols and ghosts to be most comforting in cold times even if I do embrace the frozen air. I don't find it strange to enjoy solitude so much... as long as you're not afraid to be around other people. I would hate to be the only one in this world but I am quite happy to be the only one in my space! :wink:

As for the ring, rings are cool. I wish I had a ring.
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby missouriman on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:06 pm

Ingrid is pretty. I am pretty. We all are pretty. Can this silly stuff stop? Neonico, we know you are wonderful as you keep telling us. Show us what you look like or give it up. Let us manly men decide who has it going on. Rings don't mean a thing.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:25 pm

missouriman wrote:Ingrid is pretty. I am pretty. We all are pretty. Can this silly stuff stop? Neonico, we know you are wonderful as you keep telling us. Show us what you look like or give it up. Let us manly men decide who has it going on. Rings don't mean a thing.

look at my gallery missouriman but i would also like a pic of you in return you sexy missouriman you started this not me flirt flirt---

for the other japan fans its only a bit of fun dont take this thread seriously.....
neonico

Postby TrangLee on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:23 am

missouriman wrote:Ingrid is pretty. I am pretty. We all are pretty. Can this silly stuff stop? Neonico, we know you are wonderful as you keep telling us. Show us what you look like or give it up. Let us manly men decide who has it going on. Rings don't mean a thing.

Neonice is very pretty!
I'm sorry for stalking people's photos.
Missouriman I have to say good men have bad taste. At least on looks.
And DS can do wrong. But it surely makes me love him more, LOL.

I'm sorry for raising such a silly fangirl talk :|
I am new here :"> And I can't speak English very well.
TrangLee
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby inkinthewell on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:37 am

missouriman wrote:Rings don't mean a thing.

hawk wrote:As for the ring, rings are cool. I wish I had a ring.

Except for clothes and a watch that was strapped onto my wrist by my parents when I was 10 (but that I unfastened at 16 never to put on again), I've never worn anything on me until I got married and my wife eased a ring on my finger. To keep that ring on has been the hardest task of my married life, but now, after eight years, I'd feel naked without it.
As for meaning, nothing has any special meaning until we give it them, and when we have no one dare fool around with the object/person nor the meaning!
O And this ring is for Hawk. A special friendship ring. I know it's not real, but sometimes reality is overvalued. :D
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:48 am

Neonico! What a doll! You are very pretty. I eat my words. Apologies for doubting you. :smt055
Ingrid is a little older than you though and she is wearing well considering the brutal NH weather and three kids that probably dragged her body down over time.

Remeber DS was coming out of a nasty situation with Yuka and his mind was all over the place. Ingrid was definitely a sweet peach from Georgia then.

I lost my ring ages ago. Fell off in a supermarket pushing my trolley.

Where did DS hug you, Neonico? :smt007
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:15 pm

after a spirtal seminar and this was just luck

he is incredibley soft
neonico

Postby missouriman on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:21 pm

neonico wrote:after a spirtal seminar and this was just luck

he is incredibley soft

I thought he would be all boney and cold like ice. Funny how things never are what you think.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:47 pm

missouriman wrote:
neonico wrote:after a spirtal seminar and this was just luck

he is incredibley soft

I thought he would be all boney and cold like ice. Funny how things never are what you think.

no hes not boney, and yes he is thin and delicate and fragile and very small i always thought he was tall that was a schock for me too ,but im not big myself and fotos are not always what they seem.

he also has an incredibly soft skin and soft thin hair but lots of it, i always thought he had thick hair by the fotos, thats what i mean fotos are fotos.....

also he is so warm hearted extremly shy and has a very soft quiet spoken voice different from his interviews and blushes a lot.....

and has an amazing dress sense a true gentelmen

this foto is how he really looks

gallery/image_page.php?album_id=16&image_id=3038

and

gallery/image_page.php?album_id=16&image_id=2994

sad that he comes across so different

yeh well thats the negative side of being famous i guess....
neonico

Postby missouriman on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:33 pm

Neonico,
I knew ages ago DS was average height or about 5'8" and Steve is a tad taller. Mick is only 5'6". People were born smaller in the 50s. I am 6'5", so am glad I never met any of them cos looking down at them would spoil the effect. They were always giants to me, but I did see Mick and Steve and Richard behind the bar in Leeds at the No-Man gig in 93. That was weird. Mick was getting cigs and stared at me.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:04 pm

When I first discovered Japan, I thought all of the guys were over 6 feet tall, easy. I guess the fact that they were so slender and sharp dressed alluded to it. The truth is I was shocked to hear they are around 5'7... On some days I'm eye level with Matt and he is almost 6 feet tall! (which means I'm around 5'10-5'11) ... If you ever take a gander at the picture of Mr. Barbieri and I, he looks like he towers over me but truth is, we were on a slope. Fine by me, I don't like looking so tall all the time!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby TrangLee on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:00 am

neonico wrote:
no hes not boney, and yes he is thin and delicate and fragile and very small i always thought he was tall that was a schock for me too ,but im not big myself and fotos are not always what they seem.

he also has an incredibly soft skin and soft thin hair but lots of it, i always thought he had thick hair by the fotos, thats what i mean fotos are fotos.....

also he is so warm hearted extremly shy and has a very soft quiet spoken voice different from his interviews and blushes a lot.....

Thanks Neonico! I guess I shall fancy him all night long after reading those... :smt007

I always thought he's cold, private and a bit... well... lofty :cry: rarely does he meet fans doesn't he? Very few people meet him also. He's got his reason to do that and I respect him deeply still. But that's what I like least about him :cry: :cry:

Well Neo... how did he smell? :lol:
I am new here :"> And I can't speak English very well.
TrangLee
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby neonico on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:15 am

TrangLee wrote:
neonico wrote:

Thanks Neonico! I guess I shall fancy him all night long after reading those... :smt007

I always thought he's cold, private and a bit... well... lofty :cry: rarely does he meet fans doesn't he? Very few people meet him also. He's got his reason to do that and I respect him deeply still. But that's what I like least about him :cry: :cry:

Well Neo... how did he smell? :lol:

What you`d expect gorgeous :-D :-D
neonico

Postby missouriman on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:38 pm

I read that he wore cologne that smelled of pine/cedar. I have pine/cedar mulch on my garden. The cats all over the street come and piss on it. Do you think our Dave gets cat trouble too? Do you think Yuka's old tom cat used to pee on DS when he was asleep? Is that why it ended? Neonico, did you happen to get a whiff of his clothes softener? Downy? Tide? Arm & Hammer? His shampoo? Pert? Suave? Grecian 2000? Clairol? Hair dye maybe? He certainly was doing something to his wig a while ago. It is a wig. Did you not know that???? Like Gary Numan. You would know that having been married to him for a while. Probably saw the full exposed white crown of Numan all wrinkled and patchy. Yuck. Bald rock stars should be banned. Phil Collins etc. You are one of the lucky few to get your paws on DS and survive, Neonico. Most of them dissolved. What did you say to him? Did you offer to bear his babies? Casual conversation in a hurried fashion is never easy.

I need answers, Neonico!!!! Help us, Neonico. You are my only hope. :?:
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:08 am

missouriman wrote:I read that he wore cologne that smelled of pine/cedar. I have pine/cedar mulch on my garden. The cats all over the street come and piss on it. Do you think our Dave gets cat trouble too? Do you think Yuka's old tom cat used to pee on DS when he was asleep? Is that why it ended? Neonico, did you happen to get a whiff of his clothes softener? Downy? Tide? Arm & Hammer? His shampoo? Pert? Suave? Grecian 2000? Clairol? Hair dye maybe? He certainly was doing something to his wig a while ago. It is a wig. Did you not know that???? Like Gary Numan. You would know that having been married to him for a while. Probably saw the full exposed white crown of Numan all wrinkled and patchy. Yuck. Bald rock stars should be banned. Phil Collins etc. You are one of the lucky few to get your paws on DS and survive, Neonico. Most of them dissolved. What did you say to him? Did you offer to bear his babies? Casual conversation in a hurried fashion is never easy.

I need answers, Neonico!!!! Help us, Neonico. You are my only hope. :?:

yes Gary Numan as a terrible wig yuck.

DS doesnt have a wig its his own hair with all its extra grey hairs

now for fun ...washing softener :smt017 i would tip on downy...

shampoo of course Clairol.....

aftershave i would say something irish...combined with channel allure...so the pine/cedar thing is unfortunately not the case.that killed the cat thing as well.

dissolve? i never dissolve were are all human and have to use bum wipes

and the conversation question i have to quote david and say "i cant get into that subject matter".......
neonico

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion