clothing

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Re: clothing

Postby E.T. on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:38 am

I heard the same.
Ryuichi Sakamoto said about it on radio show "Sound Street" when it broadcasted 'Japan Live in Budokan 8 Dec 1982', Tsuchiya Masami's wife, Yoko was the stylist for the Sons of Pioneer Tour.
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:13 pm

E.T. wrote:I heard the same.
Ryuichi Sakamoto said about it on radio show "Sound Street" when it broadcasted 'Japan Live in Budokan 8 Dec 1982', Tsuchiya Masami's wife, Yoko was the stylist for the Sons of Pioneer Tour.

Why can we remember this stuff from 1982 yet what goes on in our lives now can be so quickly forgotten? :smt009
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:01 pm

the knitted jacket on the 2004 tour is aj armani and the jacket he wore through the world is everything tour is also armani just bought both of them on ebay and the coat in the wire pics ie below is also armani and really expensive ill have to save for that jacket....

so i answered my question my self just a lucky guess...... :-D
neonico

Postby karnsculpture on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:55 am

missouriman wrote:Didn't we once hear that poor old Di's hairstyle was a direct copy of Sylvians? She loved the Duran boys and so it is 100%likely she was aware of Japan. When she had the first kid her hair was a complete copy.

Stefan from japan-pioneers was recently on TV in the UK with Di's brother, and off-camera the subject of Sylvian and Japan came up as Stefan has a Sylvianesque haircut. Lord Althrop confirmed that he and Di were Japan fans - though there's no way to confirm if her haircut was influenced by DS it is possible that she had her hair done at some point by Japan associate Allan Soh, whose salon was inside Harrods.

As an aside, a guy I used to work with had a job in Harrods in the 80s and he said Sylvian used to shop for his clothes there.
Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby karnsculpture on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:58 am

E.T. wrote:I heard the same.

Yoko Sudo designed David, Steve and Masami's outfits. Mick bought his outfit off the peg from a place called 'Bastet' - no idea where Rich got his from but it looks like something bought rather than specially made.
Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 pm

can you belive it i tried to get the zip jacket that david whore in 2004 on ebay i offered the guy 30 pounds for it he didnt change the shipping thing to mexico and i couldnt bid he sold it for 8 pounds

thats just not :cry: :cry: :cry: fair
neonico

Postby missouriman on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:55 pm

neonico wrote:can you belive it i tried to get the zip jacket that david whore in 2004 on ebay i offered the guy 30 pounds for it he didnt change the shipping thing to mexico and i couldnt bid he sold it for 8 pounds

thats just not :cry: :cry: :cry: fair

DAVID WHORE???????? Neonico love, please find a good dictionary. I will send you one for Christmas if needed.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:13 pm

missouriman wrote:DAVID WHORE????????

Tsk tsk tsk! Refusing Neonico's 30 quid to settle it for 8 with someone else!!! :lol:
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:03 am

sorry how is this written ?

ware is right but how do you write this word when clothes have been used?

still unfair 8 pounds... :( :( :(
neonico

Postby missouriman on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:11 am

neonico wrote:sorry how is this written ?

ware is right but how do you write this word when clothes have been used?

still unfair 8 pounds... :( :( :(

I believe you spell it WORE. No H. "David wore some fancy duds in his early years". Gary Numan sang "Here on the ground/like some whore..." Easy mistake to make though. I speak English very good, don't you think? E-bay is a tough place to try to get stuff. I was after a Webkinz (not for me!) and was sure I had it until 15 seconds from the end and 2.5 million other bids came in! Evil was at work that day.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:12 pm

ok i think mr sylvian is not short of cash i found the quilt jacket on ebay prada i bought it for 290 euros

im eating carrots for the rest of the month orginal price 600...

im stil glad i bought it... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
neonico

Postby japanfan on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:16 pm

neonico wrote:the knitted jacket on the 2004 tour is aj armani and the jacket he wore through the world is everything tour is also armani just bought both of them on ebay and the coat in the wire pics ie below is also armani and really expensive ill have to save for that jacket....

Neonico is there any chance you could send me online links to the Armani jackets? Does anybody know where i could get a red jacket similar in style to the one wore during the Quiet Life photoshoot?
Japanfan - The luminescent, mysterious, and androgynous New Romantic.
http://www.myspace.com/sylvianfan
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:30 am

japanfan wrote:
neonico wrote:the knitted jacket on the 2004 tour is aj armani and the jacket he wore through the world is everything tour is also armani just bought both of them on ebay and the coat in the wire pics ie below is also armani and really expensive ill have to save for that jacket....

Neonico is there any chance you could send me online links to the Armani jackets? Does anybody know where i could get a red jacket similar in style to the one wore during the Quiet Life photoshoot?

look on ebay.co.uk and ebay.it and ebay.de if you are lucky youll find it there the red jacket is armani style

you have to ask the people if they will ship it to your country its easier when you have a paypal account

these are the jackets that i got the first three armani the quilted coat prada which cost the most..

gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=16&image_id=2963

gallery/image.php?album_id=2&image_id=185

gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=2&image_id=1132

gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=2&image_id=909

i can also look for you and link direct to the ebay page when this is allowed

send a pic of the jacket.....
neonico

Postby japanfan on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:47 am

neonico wrote:
japanfan wrote:

look on ebay.co.uk and ebay.it and ebay.de if you are lucky youll find it there the red jacket is armani style

you have to ask the people if they will ship it to your country its easier when you have a paypal account

these are the jackets that i got the first three armani the quilted coat prada which cost the most..

gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=16&image_id=2963

gallery/image.php?album_id=2&image_id=185

gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=2&image_id=1132

gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=2&image_id=909

i can also look for you and link direct to the ebay page when this is allowed

send a pic of the jacket.....

A pic of the red jacket?
Japanfan - The luminescent, mysterious, and androgynous New Romantic.
http://www.myspace.com/sylvianfan
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:53 pm

japanfan nice pic from you but you didnt post the pic from the jacket that you want...

then i cant find it in ebay

post a pic from the jacket i promise i wil look,,,
neonico

Previous

Return to General Discussion