clothing

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

clothing

Postby neonico on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:15 am

Does anyone know what different makes of clothing David wears

Prada being one of them.......
neonico

Re: clothing

Postby heartofdavid on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:50 pm

I'm not sure of his current tastes, but I know he wore Issey Miyake around the time of the DBOAC release - was mentioned in an interview he did with The Wire at that time.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:22 pm

Victoria's Secret.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tim91 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:43 pm

missouriman wrote:Victoria's Secret.

I don't think so...
anyways I'm glad David Sylvian has moved on from his New Romantic ways but I admit I still like the looks he wore in 81/82', does anyone know where, let's say his light blue satin suit he wore on the Sons of Pioneers tour, came from?
Tim91
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Hawk on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Not sure where else to ask this... I adore David's outfit in the picture below... but I just can't find clothes like it any more and I'm not really sure what I should be searching for on google - can anyone help point me in the right direction? Is there a name for those type of trousers with a pretty waistband and pleats - or is it a skirt - or a trouserskirt?? And what type of shirt is it - is it silk? Luckily the scarf should be easy to find...

Thanks if anyone can help! (let me know if I should move this to a different topic...I don't know what clothes brand David wears sorry)
Attachments
scarf.jpg
scarf.jpg (68 KiB) Viewed 10123 times
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby missouriman on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Yes, Hawk it is called a SKIRT you big girl's blouse! You cannot go home, Hawk baby! You cannot go home. And that suit he wore on stage for the Pioneers tour was given away in a competition years ago I remember. The suit was hand made. It wouldn't have fit me and I didn't see how wearing it would have improved my chances in the pub in Yorkshire. Unless a good butt kicking was desired.

PS. They are harem pants so maybe a trip to Saudi is in order, Hawk.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tim91 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:31 pm

missouriman wrote:And that suit he wore on stage for the Pioneers tour was given away in a competition years ago I remember. The suit was hand made. It wouldn't have fit me and I didn't see how wearing it would have improved my chances in the pub in Yorkshire. Unless a good butt kicking was desired.

Hahaha! Wow I wish I had won that competition. At 6'2" the suit defiantly wouldn't have fit me either but I'd still want it!
Tim91
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby TrangLee on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:18 pm

I'm sorry but that pink blouse look so... feminine I'm afraid it's women clothing :shock:
My sister has one, looks really like it
I am new here :"> And I can't speak English very well.
TrangLee
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Bern on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:04 am

I think he currently wears a lot of Mat Alan
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:12 pm

Did anybody else buy the wool hat that was on sale at the 1993 Sylvian/Fripp tour? I still wear it every Fall and Winter and without fail somebody asks if it is a San Fransisco hat. It is easier to say Yes than explain now.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:14 am

i found another make of clothing he wore in 2004 on the blemish tour the zipup jacket with the white collar is from

aj armani and thanks for the matalan suggestion they have nice clothes at affordable prices.... :-D
neonico

Postby Hawk on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:32 pm

missouriman wrote:Yes, Hawk it is called a SKIRT you big girl's blouse! You cannot go home, Hawk baby! You cannot go home.

Aww... *brings out embroidered silk hankerchief and dabs eyes*

And that suit he wore on stage for the Pioneers tour was given away in a competition years ago I remember. The suit was hand made. It wouldn't have fit me and I didn't see how wearing it would have improved my chances in the pub in Yorkshire. Unless a good butt kicking was desired.

Hehe :) I love that suit

PS. They are harem pants so maybe a trip to Saudi is in order, Hawk.

Ahh thanks just the buzzword I needed!

Hmm but I just googled 'harem pants' and some of them look really weird... :? How come Sylvian makes all clothes look good?

TrangLee wrote:I'm sorry but that pink blouse look so... feminine I'm afraid it's women clothing
My sister has one, looks really like it.

I wondered where the puffy sleeves came from... it still looks cool...

Maybe watch this space for hawksamazingadventurestotheMiddleEasttobuyladiesclothing... :shock: I WILL find that outfit!!
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby inkinthewell on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:33 pm

I don't in any way mean to be disrespectful, but the resemblance between Big Bad Sylv, as he is in the picture Hawk has attached, and another famous person is so striking that every time I see that picture my imagination keeps on transforming it into this:

dave&chas.jpg
dave&chas.jpg (27.78 KiB) Viewed 9937 times
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:17 pm

inkinthewell wrote:I don't in any way mean to be disrespectful, but the resemblance between Big Bad Sylv, as he is in the picture Hawk has attached, and another famous person is so striking that every time I see that picture my imagination keeps on transforming it into this:

dave&chas.jpg

Didn't we once hear that poor old Di's hairstyle was a direct copy of Sylvians? She loved the Duran boys and so it is 100%likely she was aware of Japan. When she had the first kid her hair was a complete copy.

Thank God Syl never shacked up with Chuck. My anti-Royal feelings would have been severely tested.

PS. No disrespect, Hawk baby. I am sure you would look just lovely all dressed up like a Turkish tart. :smt005
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Burnsjed on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:20 am

Tim91 wrote:
missouriman wrote:Victoria's Secret.

I don't think so...
anyways I'm glad David Sylvian has moved on from his New Romantic ways but I admit I still like the looks he wore in 81/82', does anyone know where, let's say his light blue satin suit he wore on the Sons of Pioneers tour, came from?

If my memory serves me right, Masami Tsuchiya's wife made Sylvian's clothers for the SOTP tour, strange as it may sound. She also made Masami Tsuchiya's I believe.
And there you stand, Making my life possible
Raise my hands up to heaven, But only you could know
Burnsjed
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to General Discussion