Sylvian's iTunes Celebrity Playlist....

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Re: Sylvian's iTunes Celebrity Playlist....

Postby neonico on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:35 pm

missouriman wrote:Tinariwen are absolutely addictive. I heard them only a while ago, but had read about them ages ago. Love the sound of desert blues and the foot tapping rhythms. Once Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn passed I was in need of some ethnic funk and this wins me over easy.

Hi my friend glad your back... :-D

I missed you terriblly

i love track

5) Love Song #1 - Me'Shell Ndegeocello

and davids comment on this is track are the words of a passionate being....

and arve henrikson is true genious i listen to loads of his musik last night and it reminds me of the film

The Mission

I cant watch the bloody thing it always reduces me to tears..

And talking about tears I listened to the live tape of before and afterlife on davidsylivan.net its unbearable david sounds like hes going to burst into tears every few minutes it schocked me so vunerable the worst line being.
"But then wasn't that always the case, weren't we simply Allowed to forget?".. :smt022

This doesnt come across on the orginal....
neonico

Postby qdes on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:17 am

Aside from lovely Arve Henriksen, I have no need to listen any of those songs ever again. I'm kinda surprised David has such a horrible taste in music (in my opinion or course) since about everything from Samadhi Sound has been so good.
qdes
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby missouriman on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:18 am

Hello Neonico! Ca va? I was only away to listen to Manafon w/o interrruption of comments from the wounded naysayers. Needed some alone time to let it diffuse, settle and sit. It is some of his best work or his best lyrics over other peoples work.

Me'shell is so good. As sensual as anything I have ever heard. I love her voice and her bass playing is incredible and if that song 'Love Song No.1" doesn't make you want to take off your clothes and do it then nothing will... Incredible sexy music. And that she worked with the fab Wendy and Lisa well... Those girls can do not much wrong.

The Mission music would generate a real emotional response in me too. Quite why I am not sure, but it did and still does. It is strange that Sylvian still is into such ethnic stuff, but Tinariwen have cooked up a real treat. I am glad he avoids the crap stuff around us. Me too. So much music is fast food and we need gourmet.

And the live Arve Henriksen track free of effects really shows such a vulnerable Sylvian. You know he had his Kleenex up his sleeve doing that one. It sounds even better than the cd.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:25 pm

missouriman wrote:Hello Neonico! Ca va? I was only away to listen to Manafon w/o interrruption of comments from the wounded naysayers. Needed some alone time to let it diffuse, settle and sit. It is some of his best work or his best lyrics over other peoples work.

Me'shell is so good. As sensual as anything I have ever heard. I love her voice and her bass playing is incredible and if that song 'Love Song No.1" doesn't make you want to take off your clothes and do it then nothing will... Incredible sexy music. And that she worked with the fab Wendy and Lisa well... Those girls can do not much wrong.

The Mission music would generate a real emotional response in me too. Quite why I am not sure, but it did and still does. It is strange that Sylvian still is into such ethnic stuff, but Tinariwen have cooked up a real treat. I am glad he avoids the crap stuff around us. Me too. So much music is fast food and we need gourmet.

And the live Arve Henriksen track free of effects really shows such a vulnerable Sylvian. You know he had his Kleenex up his sleeve doing that one. It sounds even better than the cd.

Thanks for the reply i really missed you dont do that again ok :smt022
neonico

Postby proggrl on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:38 am

qdes wrote:Aside from lovely Arve Henriksen, I have no need to listen any of those songs ever again. I'm kinda surprised David has such a horrible taste in music (in my opinion or course) since about everything from Samadhi Sound has been so good.

REALLY???? Loads of great names and tracks on that list. Not surprised by any of them, tbh. Some I'm quite happy to see he enjoys. :) IMHO, too, of course.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:29 pm

qdes wrote:Aside from lovely Arve Henriksen, I have no need to listen any of those songs ever again. I'm kinda surprised David has such a horrible taste in music (in my opinion or course) since about everything from Samadhi Sound has been so good.

Horrible is entirely your opinion. If he enjoys it what the heck does it matter to you? I am sure your cd collection contains a few stinkers. Your Depeche Mode vinyl all scratched and bent out of shape. Your BeeGees cd that your mother took ages ago. The Teletubbies cd you bought for your nephew that you somehow "forgot" to send... I know. I know. I am a swine again. I feel your pain, qdes, but we all have a few we would rather forget. I cannot say some of his choices would be on my rotation list, but if he is happy in the woods with his boombox then who are we to moan?
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby qdes on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:54 am

missouriman wrote:

Horrible is entirely your opinion. If he enjoys it what the heck does it matter to you? I am sure your cd collection contains a few stinkers. Your Depeche Mode vinyl all scratched and bent out of shape. Your BeeGees cd that your mother took ages ago. The Teletubbies cd you bought for your nephew that you somehow "forgot" to send... I know. I know. I am a swine again. I feel your pain, qdes, but we all have a few we would rather forget. I cannot say some of his choices would be on my rotation list, but if he is happy in the woods with his boombox then who are we to moan?

What a weird reply!

As I already said, that was just my opinion. And I have loads of stuff all my friends (and everyone with a sane mind) consider to be just awful. And naturally I don't care since it's just my taste and no one elses.

Well anyway, I was merely stating the fact that since about everything from Samadhi is pure gold, I find it interesting that the music David chooses to listen doesn't move me in a slightest bit.
qdes
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby neonico on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:38 am

qdes wrote:
missouriman wrote:

What a weird reply!

As I already said, that was just my opinion. And I have loads of stuff all my friends (and everyone with a sane mind) consider to be just awful. And naturally I don't care since it's just my taste and no one elses.

Well anyway, I was merely stating the fact that since about everything from Samadhi is pure gold, I find it interesting that the music David chooses to listen doesn't move me in a slightest bit.

Laugh qdes Laugh......it was meant ironically........ just picture david listening to Love Song #1 - Me'Shell

Ndegeocello alone in the woods with his boombox. waiting for little red riding hood to pop by and relive his stress......
neonico

Postby missouriman on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:01 am

No offence, qdes. We is in good moods laffin and jokes. Muzik is good for many. Tunes unite! Me'shell N is sexy time big time, yes? All stress is music absorbtion. wHo cares of beesgees and Depeach Mude when all Sylvian is issex muszik. Amplify this gesture. Middle finger held up! :smt004
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to General Discussion