remix Modesto Muñiz

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

remix Modesto Muñiz

Postby neonico on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:00 am

Modesto Muñiz has done a remix of small metall gods This man is amazing thanks thanks Modesto do the rest please.

Modesto shows what an absolute beautiful song this is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MKkVjN_cpU

do a remix from "Snow White in Appalachia" please...
neonico

Re: remix Modesto Muñiz

Postby becky on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:56 pm

Hmmm...bit too schmaltzy for my personal taste :( ... the music sounds a bit too much like an emotional film soundtrack like 'Titanic' - - though his voice does sound more haunting and beautiful against the fuller musical backdrop which is nice. I think it doesn't quite work because the rigid rhythm of the music is too regular and contained to allow for the subtle rhythmic variances of the vocal delivery. The music along with that video looks like a British airways advert which made me chuckle! I loved the Modesto Muniz remix for 'The Only Daughter' though (and the nicked Tweaker vid worked amazingly well for that too). Thanks for sharing that though Neo!
becky
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby neonico on Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:28 pm

becky wrote:Hmmm...bit too schmaltzy for my personal taste :( ... the music sounds a bit too much like an emotional film soundtrack like 'Titanic' - - though his voice does sound more haunting and beautiful against the fuller musical backdrop which is nice. I think it doesn't quite work because the rigid rhythm of the music is too regular and contained to allow for the subtle rhythmic variances of the vocal delivery. The music along with that video looks like a British airways advert which made me chuckle! I loved the Modesto Muniz remix for 'The Only Daughter' though (and the nicked Tweaker vid worked amazingly well for that too). Thanks for sharing that though Neo!

Like i said in another post i think one cant compare modesto version and davids dito.

but thanks for the response becky...

i think you are also one of these pleasnt personalitys on the forum i enjoy your posts....

always quiet and presice

quotes from you tube

1.strange how the vocal shifts from spoken words to sweetly sung when you compare this version to the original one.

2. Gives it a real warm beauty

3. A masterpiece!

4. Thank you!

5, would love to hear a version w/o the clapping sounds

6. I believe the world could live with the whole of Manafon being remixed by Modesto Muniz and released by it's fathers side, judging by this version. Love it.

7. I actually prefer your mix to David's!

8. Very, very nice treatment, Modesto.

9. Oh this is really just beautiful the way you've remixed this...I can't figure out which version I like better.

i didnt find a negative coment buy the way....

and for the board david likes modesto.....
neonico

Postby becky on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:35 pm

Thanks for your comments Neonico - I just wanted to say that I always enjoy reading your posts, they always bring a smile to my face. I've noticed some people on the forum have given you a bit of a hard time recently but I personally always enjoy reading your comments. :D
becky
Obsessed
Obsessed

Return to General Discussion