If you met David...

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby krausy on Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:43 am

Thanks for that, Poisoned.

Neil is my all time favorite---I discovered him and his old band Split Enz back in 1981---sooo, he actually captured me before Duran Duran and Japan did!!!

Neil has actually finished several dates with the Enz as a short reunion tour---I am soo bummed that I could not be a part of this,but they were only playing in Australia---booohoo.

I believe I have heard Rufus Wainwright before---what are the titles of his songs?
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:26 pm

Oh! Didn't know Split Enz had reunited!!
I like them too, but Crowded House is one of my favourite bands since I was a child.

Sorry because of the tour. Finn Brothers came to Madrid last year and I couldn't go because I wasn't at the city at that time :(

Some Rufus Wainwright singles are 'The one you love' , 'Cigarretes and chocolate milk' , 'Oh what a world' , 'California' , 'April Fools'.

http://www.rufuswainwright.com

Here's the link to his official site in case someone could be interested. I think he's a great musician.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:02 am

About meeting DS... I am still thinking about this...

It is a tough subject!!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:43 pm

so any thoughts yet Kera on what you would like to speak with david about if given the chance??
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby japanfan on Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:51 pm

Id say
"I love your music big man, big up yerself. any chance of some hair care tips?"
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: If you met David...

Postby fletchertronics on Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:02 pm

kinki wrote:What would you say to him....?

Well, I have already met David... twice, (backstage after Slowfire in London, and before/after the Bristol gig in 2003).

I actually can't remember much of what was said in London – My wife and I were quite overwhelmed at being in the artists’ bar with him - however he was charming and seemed comfortable chatting. (As a point of interest, Steve Jansen also came backstage, and the two hugged and chatted for what I believe to be one of the first times since the whole Rain Tree Crow fall-out).

I do recall that he was quite impressed that I already owned Blemish when we spoke in Bristol, and more-to-the-point happy that I actually liked it! :-) On signing my CD my wife commented that she wasn't allowed to write on any of my CD cases, David smiled and replied, "it's a man thing".
fletchertronics
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:10 pm

Oh, that is such a wonderful story!

It must have been great to see him twice, and to be able to see David Sylvian and Steve Jansen speak again... Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby krausy on Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:01 pm

Great story!!!!
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:33 am

Lucky you!!! He always has seemed like a nice person to talk to :-D
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Xx_Vanity_xX on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:09 am

I had a really odd dream about DS last night.

For some reason i was working in a big bookstore in Bristol, stacking a shelf full of french films and he came up behind me and said "Can you help me find this film?" and he hands me a piece of paper and it's just got a squiggle on it :?

Oh i dunno, i kinda woke up laughing after that. :lol:
Yeah, intelligent input darling why don't you just have another beer then.
Xx_Vanity_xX
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:17 am

I'd probably say;

"So, when are you getting back with Japan"?

Ok...so no I wouldn't...

"So, who was it that played away from home. Was it Ingrid or you? Go on, it was you wasn't it Daveyboy? Sly fox you..."

Ok, I wouldn't say that either.

I would probably ask him about Nine Horses, whether there are any more plans, particularly live plans and also have they played together in the same room yet?!

Other questions might be where he's living now, if he's a bit happier, (we're all concerned about you, my old fruit), and how his kids are.

Strange that you end up caring about someone who you've never known except through their music and interviews eh?
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby fletchertronics on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:52 am

Silver Moon wrote:It must have been great to see him twice, and to be able to see David Sylvian and Steve Jansen speak again...

It was :-)

Poisoned_Apathy wrote:He always has seemed like a nice person to talk to :-D

He was/is indeed :-)
fletchertronics
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:01 pm

What great memories of meeting David (and Steve), fletchertronics!
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sheisnot on Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:25 pm

camphorvan wrote:"So, who was it that played away from home. Was it Ingrid or you? Go on, it was you wasn't it Daveyboy? Sly fox you..."

Other questions might be where he's living now, if he's a bit happier, (we're all concerned about you, my old fruit), and how his kids are.

Strange that you end up caring about someone who you've never known except through their music and interviews eh?

I think it was Ingrid; she wrote "I fucked up" in one of her poems and the rest was about losing him. Other things written by both parties kinda make it sound like she stepped out on DS. God, what drama. Poor David. I would like to make him some hot chocolate and just chat and tell him he's great and that he changed my life, ask about the kids, where he's living, etc.

I don't think it's strange to care deeply for someone you've never met. I do find it a little frustrating, though. Sometimes I'd just like to be able to ask him "what did you mean right there?"
It is all entirely perfect--it is as it should be.
sheisnot
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby krausy on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:45 pm

Strange that you end up caring about someone who you've never known except through their music and interviews eh? (Camphorvan quote)

Isn't it though? It is almost like they become an extended family, or a good friend. You care about what happens to them, or if they are happy, or being taken advantage of, or if they are healthy, the whole bit. You 'feel' for them and always hope for the best.

I guess the easiest way to explain this is the friendship I have with GodisintheSilences. We met on another website, and have talked for months now, but have never met face to face. Yet, I can honestly say that she is like family to me. I care about whether she is having a good day or a bad day, and I try to be there for her, even if it is only words. And she has done the same for me. I have been through some tough terrain this year, and just knowing she was there to talk to afterwards meant everything to me. (sorry to make this soooo public, Gods, but it is the truth, and the best example I had to what we are discussing here)
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion