Any news on the new album yet?

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby neonico on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:03 am

The translation

Dear friends,
i am very happy to report that David Sylvian has agreed to be interviewed by davidsylvian.it
The story went like this: a few weeks ago I sent an e-mail at Opium (arts) in which I presented the draft for davidsylvian.it.
In the mail I also asked if there was the possibility of conducting an interview with David questions will be based on the best choices among all those proposed by the users on this site.
That s it frankly, I wasnt expecting a positive response ... I wasnt even expecting a response.
Instead, a week after, Opium contacted me indicating that David will be happy to make an interview via e-mail. "
i was totally overwelmed emotionally.
The interview will be conducted in conjunction with the release of new album that should be published, although there is still no certain date, by 2008.
So we have a bit of time because the appointment with the Opium is the end of November
I imagining that there will be many questions, I believe that ultimately we will be forced to choose the best ones. We will see how we will organize ourselves, for now I wanted to just tell the story.

Gianluigi

loved the light bulb. :-D
neonico

Postby natsume on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:10 am

Thanks neo -

It is good news, must mean the new album is on the horizon, although with Sylvian it would not be out of character to put it off another year, incorporate it into a further project, etc. I have to assume he has something close to ready, though. My guess, best case scenario, we get another winter Sylvian disc, which would be just perfect, would't it?
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:03 am

thanks for the reply natsume and yes a winter disk would be great :D and yes you are wright astrounat i wrote a lot of sh....... in this forum when i could arrase it i would do it but its to late.

wish i could take it all back but whats done is done. :oops:
neonico

Postby iledef on Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:24 am

godisinthesilences wrote:I just don't have enough time in my life to translate a website from italian into english. Just seems like it should be in english to me...

I also don't have so much time in my life to translate a website (this one) from english into italian, but at least I try to do my best... The site is in italian because it's made in Italy for all the italian people who love DS and his work and, maybe, can't speak english so well to join a foreign site or forum. I think that, at least in their own country, people should be free to speak in their own language. Sorry for these cruel words, but English is not the center of universe!

That said, no grudges at all. Still friends? :D

PS sorry for my "bad english" and for the OT!
iledef
Noob
Noob

Postby Simonp on Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:27 am

I only asked because tons of sites nowadays have different language options?
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:29 pm

I'm always happy to translate from Italian (my L2) into English (L1).

We've known for a while that DS is very fond of Italy... and if the site were to use translation software the translation into English would be a sack of shite. You can't beat human beings for translation! :D
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

said

Postby neonico on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:24 pm

well said anortherncod
neonico

Postby Astronaut on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:22 pm

neonico wrote:loved the light bulb. :-D

Hee! Hee! Thanks! Sorry Simon - couldn't resist!!!! :lol:
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Waves on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:50 am

So I guess no new CD under the tree.
No doubt 2009 will bring a beautiful solo album, (I must have patience :smt048 )
and like Steve said, maybe, after that NH2.
Waves
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to General Discussion