Guru God Self...

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Guru God Self...

Postby Simonp on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:37 pm

Anyone know if Sylvian still considers Amma to be his Guru? Im just curious. I was amazed when there was a dedication in Dead Bees On A Cake to her. I can't imagine Sylvian "surrendering" anything to anyone other than himself let alone a Guru.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:41 pm

yes amma is still his guru and shreemaa. the most people i know that suffer from anxiety attacks practice this.
neonico

Postby Simonp on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:45 pm

How do you know this?

I think Sylvian calls Amma his guru and Shree Ma a spiritual teacher. One and the same thing I guess but to many the guru is who he/she surrenders to.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:49 pm

yes of course. without surrendering the ego you dont have to do this practice but of course no ones perfect you still have your ego but you try to mild it everyday.
neonico

Postby camphorvan on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:42 pm

I have heard a lot of talk by Davey Wavey about his gurus and whatnot and the loss of ego circa DBOAC. I'd just like to say I have no ego either. It ran away when it was a teenager.

It was returned to me by the police and then it entered a life of crime. A few car thefts and a prison sentence later, it decided to take stock of it's life and left for a monastic life. With monks. Growing bored (and a beard) it decided there was nothing for it other than to start afresh as a singing window cleaner. Which it did. The last I heard of it was a postcard from Carlisle in 1997. It had a picture of Carlisle on it.

And there ends my tale of woe.

I would be insulted if someone were to say I was talking rubbish. But I have no ego so I can't.

It left when it was teenager...(loop 77 times)
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:08 pm

camphorvan wrote:I have heard a lot of talk by Davey Wavey about his gurus and whatnot and the loss of ego circa DBOAC. I'd just like to say I have no ego either. It ran away when it was a teenager.

It was returned to me by the police and then it entered a life of crime. A few car thefts and a prison sentence later, it decided to take stock of it's life and left for a monastic life. With monks. Growing bored (and a beard) it decided there was nothing for it other than to start afresh as a singing window cleaner. Which it did. The last I heard of it was a postcard from Carlisle in 1997. It had a picture of Carlisle on it.

I would be insulted if someone were to say I was talking rubbish. But I have no ego so I can't.

tee hee ok that was funny.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:11 pm

surrending isn't done to ones Guru or spiritual teacher. The idea of releasing the ego and surrendering ones "ego" self is to accomplish this once spiritually awakened. This awakening can lead to the surrender to the Divine, which we are all a part of. It is some of the basic teachings of the Master spiritual leaders throughout time.

One person should not be giving up themselves for any human being... this can lead to more issues dealing with the "ego" self.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:44 am

godisinthesilences wrote:
One person should not be giving up themselves for any human being... this can lead to more issues dealing with the "ego" self.

I surrendered to Sylvian many years ago. does this mean I have issues?
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:19 am

Simonp wrote:
godisinthesilences wrote:

I surrendered to Sylvian many years ago. does this mean I have issues?

LOL Not if he's your guru, then I guess it's OK.

That was great tho!!
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kitaj on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:44 am

camphorvan wrote:I have heard a lot of talk by Davey Wavey about his gurus and whatnot and the loss of ego circa DBOAC. I'd just like to say I have no ego either. It ran away when it was a teenager.

ha ha ha : )
kitaj
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:27 am

tee hee... hhmm i must have issues too as i surrendered to mr. sylvian as well....
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion