foto sugesstion

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

foto sugesstion

Postby neonico on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:24 pm

hallo silver moon and moodyblue i have so many fotos that if i upload them all every one will have to look ages to find them. i dont want to be cheeky andi know it takes ages to do a wonderful site like this.

what if and only what if or possible that the david fotos can be done in 4 different sections like

1. concert fotos

2. fan fotos

3. uptodate fotos

4. japan and for 2001 fotos

hope your not mad but with over a thousand concert fotos i dont think you will be happy if i upload them all

:oops:
neonico

Postby Antinous on Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:26 pm

I think it's a great idea... I find it a bit hard to find the pictures I'm searching for too, and if neonico keeps uploading like this our lovely gallery will become huge :)
Image Image

a silence so rare
Antinous
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:29 pm

It would be fine if you could upload them all... I think that's a good idea about having categories. I'll be looking into it...

Keep'em coming!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Chet on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:38 am

great idea.
let's sort things out.
it's beginning to be too many similar looking concert photos from the 07 tour.
And my heart sings of many things
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:15 pm

Chet wrote:it's beginning to be too many similar looking concert photos from the 07 tour.

I would agree with this, some very similar, some repetitive (but still nice to see).

I'd love to see some of the white suit photos from the E&N tour - I've only seen/have a couple of very small pics - I guess he didn't wear it often?

I think some categorization would be good, like the idea of fan photos, and maybe something like press/published/printed photos? (better worded though, lol)
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:48 pm

heartofdavid wrote:
Chet wrote:it's beginning to be too many similar looking concert photos from the 07 tour.

I would agree with this, some very similar, some repetitive (but still nice to see).

I'd love to see some of the white suit photos from the E&N tour - I've only seen/have a couple of very small pics - I guess he didn't wear it often?

I think some categorization would be good, like the idea of fan photos, and maybe something like press/published/printed photos? (better worded though, lol)

I tend to agree that as DS is the most photographed and seemingly the most popular in the gallery section his gallery, as it exists at present, is too cumbersome and laborious to negotiate. The categories sugested are good, however, how about (as heartofdavid suggests) a category entitled: Official Press Releases? Could include all images from Virgin? Scans of photos from official album covers etc?
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chet on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:44 am

good idea Astronaut
and maybe even separate them into 70s 80s 90s 00s
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby VaporTrail on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:20 am

You have to realize guys it's going to be a lot of work going through every single photo of David and putting it into a new subcategory, so it's going to be awhile before this all gets done, and requesting all kinds of new categories isn't going to help. ;)
VaporTrail
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:11 pm

VaporTrail wrote:You have to realize guys it's going to be a lot of work going through every single photo of David and putting it into a new subcategory, so it's going to be awhile before this all gets done, and requesting all kinds of new categories isn't going to help. ;)

I don't see how making suggestions for categories makes things more difficult. After all, they are only suggestions and it is the choice of the moderators to make any changes or not.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:15 pm

heartofdavid wrote:
VaporTrail wrote:You have to realize guys it's going to be a lot of work going through every single photo of David and putting it into a new subcategory, so it's going to be awhile before this all gets done, and requesting all kinds of new categories isn't going to help. ;)

I don't see how making suggestions for categories makes things more difficult. After all, they are only suggestions and it is the choice of the moderators to make any changes or not.

Agreed! Just suggestions Vapor to help not hinder. And I can't speak for everyone else, But I certainly wouldn't expect this to be done at all. So if it takes months and months so be it! :-D
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:39 pm

Lol! It won't take months and months... I'm afraid I can't make sub-categories, but I CAN make new categories... It'll look like this:

David Sylvian - 76' - 82' (Japan Era)
David Sylvian - 83' - 92' (Early Solo - RTC)
David Sylvian - 93' - 03' (Late Solo - Blemish)
David Sylvian - 04' - Present (Post Blemish)
David Sylvian - 'The World Is Everything' Tour

Does this sound ok? The years may seen a bit complicated but everyone knows the different era's I'm talking about! :)

I have to back this forum up before I do anything else, though, then I'll see to it!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Chet on Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:39 pm

sounds absolutely perfect...
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:43 pm

thanks silvermoon :oops: i hope i havent made you to much work i keep loading the pics. ive loads of them as you can see or should i wait so you dont have to move every picture.

and i would just do

70s/80s

90s

private

world is everthing

perhaps this is easier.
neonico

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:57 pm

Silver Moon wrote:Lol! It won't take months and months... I'm afraid I can't make sub-categories, but I CAN make new categories... It'll look like this:

David Sylvian - 76' - 82' (Japan Era)
David Sylvian - 83' - 92' (Early Solo - RTC)
David Sylvian - 93' - 03' (Late Solo - Blemish)
David Sylvian - 04' - Present (Post Blemish)
David Sylvian - 'The World Is Everything' Tour

Does this sound ok? The years may seen a bit complicated but everyone knows the different era's I'm talking about! :)

I have to back this forum up before I do anything else, though, then I'll see to it!

-K-

sounds great to me :-) thanks for doing the extra work YOU ROCK MWAH KISSES ALL OVER MWAH
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Antinous on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:03 pm

That's perfect, Silver Moon :)
Image Image

a silence so rare
Antinous
Fanatic
Fanatic

Next

Return to General Discussion