happy (heart of david)

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

happy (heart of david)

Postby neonico on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:19 pm

happy
Last edited by neonico on Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
neonico

Postby VaporTrail on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:17 pm

well........thanks for all that :smt078
VaporTrail
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: happy (heart of david)

Postby Simonp on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:47 am

neonico wrote:

he is 50 and still sexy i would do it with him no matter what. and he gets arroused

quick and i think he is shy like me. My husband is totally the oppsite.

loud mouthed and he knows hes beautiful.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:41 am

I expect I'm going to get flamed for this *sigh* but...

This has always been a forum where people can talk about which band member they like the best, etc etc. Yet people also want it to be taken seriously and were dismayed when David didn't want to answer questions. I now think that any hope of David answering questions for this forum has gone straight down the tubes. I think people have to ask themselves:

Do we want to be able to talk about ANY aspect of fancying a particular band member?

OR do we want to put a lid on certain aspects so that we might get the occasional concession from them?

Bear in mind that we know some of the ex-members and people close to them read topics here.

Thoughts, anyone?

Natasha
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:26 pm

i think as long as we're not insulting anyone or putting anyone down that this forum is here to discuss anything on our minds Japan, Sylvian or other related.

I don't think David will ever participate due to who he is as an artist and person. Perhaps we should all just get used to that idea. He is just not as open as other members to participating in press. He does what he needs to do and knows he doesn't have to do anything more than that. There is no need to blame any discussion on here from keeping David from participating.... LOL... he doesn't need that as an excuse.

So personally I have no problem with things that are said on the forum gushing or otherwise (as long as they aren't attempting to hurt someone else).
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:29 pm

I think this is a forum and we should be allowed to discuss anything we want that does not offend, provoke or intend to hurt deliberately.

I think David, if he were to read this thread, would probably smile gently to himself. He isnt some humourless pap. Indeed I believe he has a great sense of humour and I think secretly deep down hewould be chuffed that someone thinks he still has "it" at the ripe old age of 50.

For the record...I'd "do him" in a second.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:44 pm

OK, well, maybe I'm too British, but sometimes I think it goes a little over the top, that's all...
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby VaporTrail on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:51 pm

anortherncod wrote:OK, well, maybe I'm too British, but sometimes I think it goes a little over the top, that's all...

you're not the only one.
VaporTrail
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:51 pm

I sometimes think that people can be a little too precious about David Sylvian and what he thinks about us. He himself has said he hates the ivory tower image that many people put upon him.

I think the original post of this thread may have been worded a little strangely but then you can see that English is not their first language. It made me smile, it meant no harm to anyone and I don't think we should stop people expressing such views on an open forum like this. Otherwise it just becomes boring and a little samey after a while.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:53 pm

VaporTrail wrote:
anortherncod wrote:OK, well, maybe I'm too British, but sometimes I think it goes a little over the top, that's all...

you're not the only one.

Please people lets not let this get out of hand. It was a playful post, nothing more nothing less. If it was something genuinely racist, homophobic or whatever then yes lets do something about it but for goodness sake, lighten up.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:55 pm

Simon, I do think you are right about the 'ivory tower' thing, but I personally don't think of him in that way. I just find it a little incongruous that on a forum where the word 'h*ll' is censored, (and that's not meant to be a dig at Silver Moon's rules btw) someone can come along and fundamentally say "Look at this picture of David with an erection!"

I'm not suggesting censorship, just that perhaps a line should be drawn somewhere...
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:56 pm

Bit of simultaneous posting there Simon - I don't want things to get out of hand either, just expressing my opinion.
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:00 pm

anortherncod wrote:Simon, I do think you are right about the 'ivory tower' thing, but I personally don't think of him in that way. I just find it a little incongruous that on a forum where the word 'h*ll' is censored, (and that's not meant to be a dig at Silver Moon's rules btw) someone can come along and fundamentally say "Look at this picture of David with an erection!"

I'm not suggesting censorship, just that perhaps a line should be drawn somewhere...

Yes I couldnt agree more about the censorship of certain words on here. You can't even say cr*p without it being changed to codswollop or something similar.

Regarding the original post? As I said I just the original idea for the post hasnt benn translated very well into English.
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby VaporTrail on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:50 pm

The censor is there as a joke, most members don't seem to have a problem having a little humor here and there.

As for the thread, I don't understand what the hell the point of it was? There's already more than enough threads around here filled with members' sexual desires that there might as well be a section of the forum just for that crap.
VaporTrail
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby proggrl on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:58 pm

Well I don't care to hear or read about how easily other forumers' husbands get aroused - it's frankly none of my business, nor is it my business if David or any other member of Japan gets aroused easily. it's not why I'm here.

I'm here to discuss great artists and music.

Quite frankly my disappointment was that I didn't see what the JERSEY she was talking about. That's right! I said it. JERSEY! Can't stand the place! :twisted:

Edit: Maybe they didn't understand the name of the board - General Discussion, Genital discussion - it's all very close if you look and read fast.

LOL :wink:
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to General Discussion