fotos

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby camphorvan on Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:56 pm

*bangs head against wall*

yesssss...."unless there is a special agreement"......yessss

*hits head on wall some more*

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby MoodyB on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:46 pm

camphorvan wrote:*bangs head against wall*

yesssss...."unless there is a special agreement"......yessss

*hits head on wall some more*

C

I think the point is rather moot, especially at this point.
The legalities of all this differ from country to country, but one thing that doesn't change is that nearly any professional photographer who actually makes a living from it, leaves little or no room for legal interpretation.

Because of this and because copyright law DOES differ from country to country (for instance, in the US I have to actually send my images to the copyright office to receive full protection, but many others I do not) you can't make a blanket statement like that.
There's very few black and white issues in this world and this is one area that has a lot of grey in it!
The perfect example was the company I used to work for and they learnt the hard way!

I'm really not trying to have a piddling match here, I hate to "split hairs" and such, so forgive me if it appears so!
I've been a working photographer for over 20 years now and have had much exposure to the subject, including working with a copyright lawyer when someone used my images without my permission in an advertising campaign.

Let's just leave this as one of those discussions where everyone agrees that there isn't a right or wrong answer shall we?

Best wishes,
Chris
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

http://www.chriscrader.com/
http://stores.lulu.com/Eurotech
MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:56 pm

Fair enough and I was referring to the UK by the way. No idea what it is like in America. Apart from the fact they eat a lot of cheese.

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to General Discussion