Sylvian's Fripperies - old VOX magazine article

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby Astronaut on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:18 pm

tallulahtaurus wrote:
Silver Moon wrote:That story doesn't really paint the best picture of him!

-K-

LOL I guess he just felt the pictures presented a even less desirable picture of him.

It really doesn't make him seem like the nicest, easiest person in the world but to me it has a perverse integrity to it and within it. By that I mean I would have far less respect for him if he didn't destroy the photos because it demonstrated that he left due to concern over the quality of the photos being taken.
Then again I am an odd one to be honest

That's a very generous way of putting it ...
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

fotos

Postby neonico on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:30 pm

cool what you said tallulahtaurus , hes still a nice person.
neonico

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:53 pm

not sure what the problem was with the photos, but to be honest as a photographer and artist in the field if a client did that to me i'd hit him so hard with the camera he'd never get up again. My work is my creation and how dare anyone destroy my creation before ever witnessing it!
Of course i wasn't there and perhaps the photographer was taking cheesy paparazzi-ish images. Those bastards are SO not photographers... they are disgusting little bugs who should be smacked against a windshield at 200 mph. :-) Nope I don't have any aggression issues at all :-) I'm an angel... a saint even! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:42 am

Savidge by name, savage by nature?!
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:35 pm

camphorvan wrote:Savidge by name, savage by nature?!

hee hee you know it!!!!! GGRRRRRRRRRRR ROAR!!! :-D :-D
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:15 pm

godisinthesilences wrote: I'm an angel... a saint even! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hmmm. I'm surprised you can see to type at the moment Gods, what with your halo slipping down in front of your eyes ... :wink: :lol:
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:36 pm

Astronaut wrote:
godisinthesilences wrote: I'm an angel... a saint even! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hmmm. I'm surprised you can see to type at the moment Gods, what with your halo slipping down in front of your eyes ... :wink: :lol:

sweetie it backslides... i just tuck it into my collar :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

god

Postby neonico on Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:09 pm

to make fun of someones eye site is below the belt. i asked david he thinks it is shit. how can someone be so cruel every two days i hear the words from my son that he is a miss birth ha ha ha
leave her alone i dont like it when someone is cruel to someone so pure . you dont no her karma or who she is , you dont no how many hours she spends to take a photograph.

if you have half the guts she has then you can speak.

shes right about her property but she also said press is something different . david doesnt destroy fotos from people that are honest

im usually a queit introvert person whos afraid of flying say one such horrible

thing about godinthesilence then i fly over and thats the last bad word tha

t you will say. you said

Hmmm. I'm surprised you can see to type at the moment Gods, what with your halo slipping down in front of your eyes ..

think first then speak.

:evil:
neonico

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:35 pm

neonico... it was a joke. She wasn't being cruel by any means. Please don't be upset by the comment.

Don't worry all is well :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: god

Postby camphorvan on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:17 pm

neonico wrote: then i fly over and thats the last bad word tha

t you will say. you said

Hmmm. I'm surprised you can see to type at the moment Gods, what with your halo slipping down in front of your eyes ..

Regardless of any misunderstandings, any disagreements, arguments even; what we do NOT do is threaten people. You have just committed two offences in UK and European law; I suggest you apologise and be quick about it.

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:58 pm

Ah, yet some prefer to slander. Would I be correct in making such a statement? :-)
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:13 pm

I think, Baht, that there is no case for oneupmanship here in regard to the former threatening statement made toward a woman on this forum.

There is a world of difference between the tete a tete between you and I and a situation like that.

In any case, it wouldn't be slander it would be libel, which there is no case for. In the words of Mr. T; "stop your jibber jabber fool". Now go away.

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby VaporTrail on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:17 pm

camphorvan wrote:In any case, it wouldn't be slander it would be libel, which there is no case for. In the words of Mr. T; "stop your jibber jabber fool". Now go away.

:smt038 :smt023
VaporTrail
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby John Trevethan on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:36 am

Uh, I think we have a little "lost in translation" going on here. My take was:

godisinthesilences made a sarcastic statement indicating that she might be less than saintly.

godisinthesilences wrote:I'm an angel... a saint even! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

(Note the twisted smilies indicating the sarcasm)

Next Astronaut took the angelic and saintly statement and made a joke of it like so:

Astronaut wrote:Hmmm. I'm surprised you can see to type at the moment Gods, what with your halo slipping down in front of your eyes ...

Get it? Angels have a halo - the halo is slipping down because godisinthesilences sarcastically joked that she is less than angelic, with the slipping down halo thus covering her eyes.

At this point I think that neonico became confused and associated the halo covering godisinthesilences eyes with a recent post that godisinthesilences made about having eye problems and needing corrective surgery.

neonico wrote:to make fun of someones eye site is below the belt...

In short, the joke went horribly off track and was misinterpreted. Sorry to spell this out in such excruciating detail - but for those that do not speak or understand English in great detail I thought that it might help.
John Trevethan
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby anortherncod on Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:17 am

John, I think you are spot on there and that it needed to be spelt out. Good job. Now, is there any chance of us all playing nicely...?

Natasha
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion